Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie123

I don't know what that sentence means, but I'm pretty sure we're on the same side here. I think it's worthless, to be clear. I said that yesterday, dozens of pages ago, when the announcement came out, when we all discussed it right here.
We are indeed on the same side. I laugh at any company that suggests or encourages people to wear a mask because it is a complete joke. They are basically doing it to say, “hey look we are helping the spread of Covid.”

DCBaker

Premium Member
Updated hospitalization data for Florida from the CDC -

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 5.42.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 5.41.47 PM.png

Lilofan

Now that disney has done this...watch the dominos fall. Hotels, airlines, big box stores, etc.
Hospitals were already requiring staff to get vaccinated but with TWDC requiring US based cast is huge and it has made national news. I'm sure Disney is actively talking to all of the hourly cast members unions on next steps concerning these cast.

Brian

Hospitals were already requiring staff to get vaccinated but with TWDC requiring US based cast is huge and it has made national news. I'm sure Disney is actively talking to all of the hourly cast members unions on next steps concerning these cast.
Hospitals requiring staff to be vaccinated makes sense. They are routinely working with people who are on the brink of death.

On the other hand, you don't go to a theme park if you're seriously ill. So why, before the vaccine even has full FDA approval, would Disney require all their people to be vaccinated?

Lilofan

Hospitals requiring staff to be vaccinated makes sense. They are routinely working with people who are on the brink of death.

On the other hand, you don't go to a theme park if you're seriously ill. So why, before the vaccine even has full FDA approval, would Disney require all their people to be vaccinated?
Is that a serious question? It is the right thing to do.

Brian

Is that a serious question? It is the right thing to do.
You're welcome to your opinion, but in my opinion, forcing a vaccine which has yet to achieve FDA approval into your employees' arms seems like a foolish move.

That's all I'll say on this matter, seeing as anything more would tread on political.

hopemax

Now that disney has done this...watch the dominos fall. Hotels, airlines, big box stores, etc.
The first domino is always the hardest. No one wants to be first to jump in case no one else does. Within a short time “big business” will all be on board this train. Just like with all the shutdowns.

They don’t want unpredictable disruptions. They definitely don’t want shutdowns and vaccinated people = less unpredictable disruptions and shutdowns. With the bonus of looking like they care about public health and the health of their employees. But this is more about disruption when there is a way to avoid it.

Lilofan

You're welcome to your opinion, but in my opinion, forcing a vaccine which has yet to achieve FDA approval into your employees' arms seems like a foolish move.

That's all I'll say on this matter, seeing as anything more would tread on political.
Already talk of of the WH to the US military regarding covid vaccine . It looks like Disney and other companies and eventually the US military are moving forward / will move forward even without FDA approval.

Casper Gutman

There is absolutely no way these vaccines aren’t approved. It’s an absurd idea - it would cause mass chaos. We’re just seeing bureaucratic foot-dragging. They’re as good as approved.

As I was opining endlessly earlier this week, it was always going to end with mandates. This is a bit faster and broader then I expected, so good for Disney. Uni better follow suit.

When the FDA does approve, I suspect this will extend to guests very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom