Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

1627676579859.gif

Bravo Disney, may more follow.

Disney Experience

Florida taking additonal steps to prevent vaccine “passports.”

Note that this is coming from our state’s Department of Health.

Personally I think the banning of proof of vaccination by Florida will hurt both Florida and the cruise lines such as the one owned by Disney. I do not think it is in Florida’s best interest.

But elsewhere I do think the court system (in an earlier ruling) was right saying CDC overstep it’s mandate when issued requirements to sail instead of guidance for cruise lines.

I wonder if a cruise line can get around it by having an option, to those who do not want to show proof of vaccination, of a covid test and quarantine hotel ( have to give time for enough virus to replicate for test to work) at passengers expense.

TokyoMiki

There is no path where Delta goes away.

Yes, we should all know this by now. But 80% refuse logic and truth.

Hence, time to move on and stop kicking the can down the road.

Get your shot and live life.

Don't get your shot and foul up your taste and olfactory or get a month long cough or wherever else befits conspiracy consumed people defying science.

mmascari

When did Delta replace Alpha as the dominate strain? Trying to understand if "Since Feb 1" is about the same amount of time for both or if there's a time difference hiding in here.

Let's assume Feb 1 was picked because it provided an equal time of Alpha and now Delta for this data. Otherwise, why pick it.

Some observations on how percentages lie to us. Since, yes, the Death percent fell from 0.06% to 0.02% under 50 and 4.80% to 1.78% for over 50.

The cases numbers are interesting here. The under 50 group had twice the cases. So, even though the death percentage was one third, the actual number of deaths was still two thirds since the starting number of cases was so much larger.

The over 50 group is just as interesting. Presumably, this group has a significantly higher vaccination rate. The case count here went down by a third. Then the death rate went down by more than a third.

The red boxes, without any commentary or context seem to suggest "Delta is less deadly". But, it's a false perception created by looking at only the death rate. The over 50 case number tells us the vaccines really do work. That group being vaccinated had less cases and then even less deaths. The under 50 group, presumably less vaccinated tells us Delta is significantly more infectious. Which really blunts any reduction in death rate if you're going to double the sample size.

The message I see from this chart is get vaccinated, if you don't you're way more likely to catch Delta than you were Alpha. It'll be no consolidation that the death rate is lower when the raw number of deaths is almost as big. Plus, it's only going to get worse as time continues and the case number get's larger and larger.

HeartOfTeFiti

When did Delta replace Alpha as the dominate strain? Trying to understand if "Since Feb 1" is about the same amount of time for both or if there's a time difference hiding in here.

Let's assume Feb 1 was picked because it provided an equal time of Alpha and now Delta for this data. Otherwise, why pick it.

Some observations on how percentages lie to us. Since, yes, the Death percent fell from 0.06% to 0.02% under 50 and 4.80% to 1.78% for over 50.

The cases numbers are interesting here. The under 50 group had twice the cases. So, even though the death percentage was one third, the actual number of deaths was still two thirds since the starting number of cases was so much larger.

The over 50 group is just as interesting. Presumably, this group has a significantly higher vaccination rate. The case count here went down by a third. Then the death rate went down by more than a third.

The red boxes, without any commentary or context seem to suggest "Delta is less deadly". But, it's a false perception created by looking at only the death rate. The over 50 case number tells us the vaccines really do work. That group being vaccinated had less cases and then even less deaths. The under 50 group, presumably less vaccinated tells us Delta is significantly more infectious. Which really blunts any reduction in death rate if you're going to double the sample size.

The message I see from this chart is get vaccinated, if you don't you're way more likely to catch Delta than you were Alpha. It'll be no consolidation that the death rate is lower when the raw number of deaths is almost as big. Plus, it's only going to get worse as time continues and the case number get's larger and larger.
Good post, thanks. Another thing to consider is that so many very vulnerable people died at the beginning of this, so now it stands to reason that a higher percentage of deaths are among heartier individuals.
(If you already said that and I'm just restating the obvious I apologize.)

Heelz2315

So Sea World is recommending masks not requiring them. What’s Universal doing? Anyone know?

If Disney is the only one requiring them I wonder if they’ll change any time soon?

Disney Experience

Figgy1

Does anyone understand/know why vegans can claim vaccine exemption?
I'm vegan and can't figure out why we would be exempt. Not intended to be religious but my reasoning is the same reason the Pope told Catholics to get the shot even though a bit of them may be against doctrine. Greater good, protecting more life an so on. Now if you're vegan due to allergies that may be a different matter edit: I have allergies so one shot was suggested as the safer option

Bob Harlem

If anyone is thinking this may get challenged, it has precident with the Smallpox vaccine and already went up to the Supreme court in 1905. The parallels to today on the vaccination thinking is uncanny. Although granted, Smallpox was easily id'd by the very nasty boils on your face and elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom