Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

G00fyDad

Muppets is on its way out. They aren’t popular anymore, the attraction is in a sad state, and it’s sandwiched between Star Wars. Honestly I think it’ll just become more Rise of the Resistance Queue space lmao.

If anything happens in that area it would be more likely that Disney moves the entire ST ride into GE. And I doubt even that will ever happen.

Phicinfan

If anything, Star Tours is on the way out. It's what insiders were saying once SGE got on its feet.

But... pandemic...
Holy cow, I totally forgot that, didn't at least 2 or 3 insiders state that Startours would get a redo to another IP? I believe we went crazy and suggested Pigs in Space to tie in Muppets. I wish I could remember who it was that stated this....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Holy cow, I totally forgot that, didn't at least 2 or 3 insiders state that Startours would get a redo to another IP? I believe we went crazy and suggested Pigs in Space to tie in Muppets. I wish I could remember who it was that stated this....

From here:

HS: TSL, SWL, Shows going to that great big theater in the sky, the Muppets are staying for a while: deal with it, Star Tours isn't long for this Galaxy: deal with it, and Fantasmic -1.0 will be here a while. - @Magic Feather

As for Pigs in Space...

20th Mid-Century Muppets

The mid-20th century theming around Echo Lake from the Sci-Fi Dine-In Restaurant to the 50’s Prime Time Café will be completed with the installation of an expanded Muppets Land called Twentieth Mid-Century Muppets in which all the building facades now nicely fit in with the 50’s L.A. theme of the area.

First, Star Tours will be rethemed to Pigs In Space featuring the animatronics of Miss Piggy and the bridge crew of the Swinetrek kicking out C-3PO and doing a Mystery Science Theater riff on bad 50’s Sci-Fi scenes on the view screen in between thrilling simulated space maneuvers.

Next, Back Lot Express becomes a full restaurant themed to the Cold War spy-thrillers of the era with plenty of secret agent gags and video vignettes of Constantine and the Muppet crew in short “Spy v. Spy”- like sketches.

We bulldoze the stunt show arena for a massive Muppet dark ride in which AAs, projections, and yes, screens, portray the various cultural trends of the Post-War Era to the late 60’s in the inimitable musical comedy spoofs which are the Muppets’ bread-and-butter.

Each room will feature a sketch and song on a mid-century trend including: Westerns with Davy Crocket and Zorro, jungle adventures with the Jungle Book and an African Queen parody, schlocky horror monsters; the Latin music craze with the Three Caballeros guest starring; the Polynesian craze with a South Pacific homage; and the rise of Disney pop culture; all featuring music from the times -- and from Fox and Disney classics -- such as: Oklahoma!, Sound of Music; Hello Dolly; Cinderella; Poppins; boy-group do-wop, Motown, and early Rock ‘n Roll!

Phicinfan

@Magic Feather
Any updates here? work being done on Fantasmic - is this moving to 2.0? Star Tours - is this moving to new IP? Shows - since they are bringing in casts for Beauty and the Beast - is that back for a while? How about Little Mermaid?

Phicinfan

From here:

HS: TSL, SWL, Shows going to that great big theater in the sky, the Muppets are staying for a while: deal with it, Star Tours isn't long for this Galaxy: deal with it, and Fantasmic -1.0 will be here a while. - @Magic Feather

As for Pigs in Space...
Really, really would LOVE Pigs in Space - I can't tell you how much that would be sooo much fun

Magic Feather

@Magic Feather
Any updates here? work being done on Fantasmic - is this moving to 2.0? Star Tours - is this moving to new IP? Shows - since they are bringing in casts for Beauty and the Beast - is that back for a while? How about Little Mermaid?
Fant 2.0 for WDW (iirc) was never a major overhaul (despite needing it). More of a series of tech upgrades with minor changes and tweaks.

That Star Tours overhaul plan died shortly after I posted that back in 2017. It is a very low priority now.

No idea on shows other than apparently steps being made for B&tB to return soon. As for them being replaced, I doubt Mermaid will be replaced by a show. Theater of the Stars has had a ton of replacement proposals over the years. Unfortunately, I fear that covid has stalled that more than it already has been.

Robbiem

I'd like to think that something to do with the Mandolorian is being tossed around for possible attractions etc, seeing as how much of a hit it's been.
Mando jetpack coaster or a speeder chase would be awesome. we need some more family friendly attractions though. Little me would have been really upset he was too small for any star wars rides. Star wars should always be about children teach them the ways of the jedi and make them lifelong fans rather than playing to adults reliving childhood

cookiee_munster

Mando jetpack coaster or a speeder chase would be awesome. we need some more family friendly attractions though. Little me would have been really upset he was too small for any star wars rides. Star wars should always be about children teach them the ways of the jedi and make them lifelong fans rather than playing to adults reliving childhood
I do think we'll see some form of Batuu in one of the new series of Mando or one of the other series currently in development. I'm sure I read it somewhere that Dave Filoni has been tasked with trying to create more of a solid bridge between the end of Return of the Jedi, right up to The Force Awakens and onwards just to make it feel more cohesive.

J4546

they have that expansion area to use, so they def could do that. I could also see a GotG Coaster but themed to Star Wars of course.

CinematicFusion

They already have the infrastructure or the ability to do so at least. Flight of Passage. A speeder bike attraction could be mind blowing.
In my opinion, It needs to be a coaster and nothing screen based like flight of passage. They already have an excellent screen ride with Falcon.
Riders need to feel the speed, simulators can’t mimic that amazing feeling. Racing/speed has always been a huge part of Star Wars. Hagrids does an exceptional job with its motor cycle coaster. It’s a ton of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom