Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

doctornick

Honestly, I think the land needs some smaller scale attractions more than it needs something like a coaster - like an enhanced M&G with R2-D2 & C3PO or a Jedi area where you meet Yoda (or his force ghost) and go into a dark side cave and encounter Vader, or even just an AA show of alien musicians like CBJ or Tiki birds featuring a band playing concert of established SW hits and maybe some new stuff. I really think that every land needs such smaller scale attractions that will tend to "round out" the experience and compliment the larger rides.

Also, definitely need to build the sit down restaurant that was planned and has the space allotted.

I know there is some space set aside for expansion, I wonder if they have any plans for a specific ride as part of Phase 2 or it's more nebulous "this is an expansion plot that could be used someday".

GimpYancIent

Yes a full on themed sit down table service restaurant, it would be great if located above Ogas cantina, was projected to be part of Black Spire outpost but it seems that feature is to be exclusive to the Galactic Cruise. Maybe, just maybe, when the gloss wears off the Galactic Cruise experience a full on themed sit down table service restaurant will come to be at Black Spire outpost. It would be really nice to have a meal in a well appointed full themed environment without having to go all out cruise.

cookiee_munster

Revisit one of these gems:
Out of the three concepts in that article, I quite liked the bounty hunter the one the most, but it felt a little too like the millennium falcon ride. The speeder bike ride sounds like another flight of passage which could do well in California. The huge animal that people can ride sounds incredible. And would create more of a sense of wonder within the land. The land is missing a lot of that kind of streetmosphere you'd get in a Star Wars land. Here's hoping they get those free roaming droids that were originally talked about. Back to the animal people could ride, as great as it sounds, the throughput would be horrendous.

The raised sitdown restaurant someone mentioned above is a great idea! :D

EDIT - for anyone who can't read that article in the link/post that i've quoted, go here instead - https://californianewstimes.com/3-u...-at-disneyland-orange-county-register/293199/

ppete1975

In my opinion, It needs to be a coaster and nothing screen based like flight of passage. They already have an excellent screen ride with Falcon.
Riders need to feel the speed, simulators can’t mimic that amazing feeling. Racing/speed has always been a huge part of Star Wars. Hagrids does an exceptional job with its motor cycle coaster. It’s a ton of fun.
or a snowspeeder on hoth.... zipping between the legs of ATATs

RSoxNo1

Revisit one of these gems:
I believe the speederbike attraction was to be the anchor of the original proposed land before Trowbridge took over and the Elee ride was supposed to be for both Disneyland and Disney World but Disney World said no. Perhaps @marni1971 and/or @SWGalaxys_Edge can confirm?

dsinclair

Honestly, I think the land needs some smaller scale attractions more than it needs something like a coaster - like an enhanced M&G with R2-D2 & C3PO or a Jedi area where you meet Yoda (or his force ghost) and go into a dark side cave and encounter Vader, or even just an AA show of alien musicians like CBJ or Tiki birds featuring a band playing concert of established SW hits and maybe some new stuff. I really think that every land needs such smaller scale attractions that will tend to "round out" the experience and compliment the larger rides.

Also, definitely need to build the sit down restaurant that was planned and has the space allotted.

I know there is some space set aside for expansion, I wonder if they have any plans for a specific ride as part of Phase 2 or it's more nebulous "this is an expansion plot that could be used someday".
It may have ended up reminding too many people of Chuck E. Cheese, but if they had set the Cantina up with a full AA version of Modal Nodes it would have been stellar, and may have satisfied a lot of the people who complain that GE has nothing familiar in regards to the OT.

doctornick

It may have ended up reminding too many people of Chuck E. Cheese, but if they had set the Cantina up with a full AA version of Modal Nodes it would have been stellar, and may have satisfied a lot of the people who complain that GE has nothing familiar in regards to the OT.

Yep, I was thinking a cool idea would be something like CBJ where you have a "host" who could be a made for the park character, but then had bands/characters rise up and perform songs, then go back away. One would be the Modal Nodes, another could be Max Rebo Band, you could also have Kava (from TFA). You could fill in with other performers if needed (maybe doing some of the main SW orchestral music) but I think that would be sufficient. Would probably need to be a medley of songs to make the time fit, but maybe 15-20 minute shows using two different identical theaters (for capacity)

I absolutely believe it would be popular and would be a nice respite from the heat and sun or when waiting for a boarding group to open. I know they already sell some of the instruments from the SW universe in GE, but they could maybe make more of them and sell them in an attached shop.

Movielover

The Indy stunt show side of the park needs something big to balance out the crowds. The issues seem to be what, then when.

Ideally something without a height requirement. This would be a good area for the Blackbox attraction and maybe a handful of other things.
Something like a big stunt spectacular show that showcases stunts and special effects and blends them together in a high energy show able to accommodate a very large amount of guests per performance based around the greatest movie in the history of cinema!

Nah it could never work. ;)

CinematicFusion

I do think we'll see some form of Batuu in one of the new series of Mando or one of the other series currently in development. I'm sure I read it somewhere that Dave Filoni has been tasked with trying to create more of a solid bridge between the end of Return of the Jedi, right up to The Force Awakens and onwards just to make it feel more cohesive.
Book of Boba Fett might open during the Battle above sarlacc pit in Return Of The Jedi. Point of view from Boba Fett and show how he got out of the sarlacc pit after the battle.

lewisc

Something like a big stunt spectacular show that showcases stunts and special effects and blends them together in a high energy show able to accommodate a very large amount of guests per performance based around the greatest movie in the history of cinema!

Nah it could never work. ;)
Might work. Might even work for 10 years. Maybe 20?

cookiee_munster

Book of Boba Fett might open during the Battle above sarlacc pit in Return Of The Jedi. Point of view from Boba Fett and show how he got out of the sarlacc pit after the battle.
Oh God, how amazing would that be!?!? a total flashback like that! :D i have to say, i'm really enjoying what they've achieved outside of the new trilogy of films (even tho I'm actually one of the few that enjoyed the three skywalker related sequels)

CinematicFusion

Oh God, how amazing would that be!?!? a total flashback like that! :D i have to say, i'm really enjoying what they've achieved outside of the new trilogy of films (even tho I'm actually one of the few that enjoyed the three skywalker related sequels)
Robert Rodriguez on The Book of Boba Fett:
“Wait until you see what’s coming. It’s going to blow your mind...I can talk it up all I want, because I know it over-delivers. It way over-delivers. People are going to be so pumped when they see it.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom