One Sentence Competition - Season 4 Episode 3

DisneyFan18

Original Poster

Akua's Heroics (A Water Dark Ride)

View attachment 293144

In an attempt to prove that Volcano Bay is a theme park, Universal has decided to replicate the ride type that defined Disneyland as the first theme park: the dark ride!

A family focused dark ride will be built telling the story of Akua's brave journey to obtain the Tapu Tapu bands and bring them to the people.

Instead of a traditional dark ride vehicle, guests will drift along a slow moving river in rafts making it essentially a heavily themed lazy river (a water park staple) full of effects and simple animatronics.

Bonus

Stitch's Ohana Vacation Celebration will take over Typhoon Lagoon featuring a new slide, a summer party, and a scavenger hunt to find all of Stitch's sousins!​

#VBB, you know I have a weakness for Akua, so this is great! And a Raft Ride/Lazy River is super fun, with some animatronics and an immersive theming, this would surely be a hit, and a ride that many people would agree to be a step in the right direction by Universal, it sounds like a realistic approach, and a unique one. And this existing within the SAU was definitely something I didn’t expect! Great idea!

Bonus: Stitch is fun, and sells a lot of merchandise! +1

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
Hele Wāwae
IMG_20170601_090616.jpg

One of the disappointing features of an otherwise beautiful water park at Volcano Bay is the hollow and metallic side of Krakatau, leaving the volcano from certain angles of the park feeling incomplete.

Beginning with an all new Phase 2 of Volcano Bay, Krakatau will be enclosed with an all new mythical walk-through experience called the Hele Wāwae (Adventure Trek) as guests walk through a portal to the ancient origins of the island, interact with audio-animatronic Tiki Gods, use TapuTapu to meander through to different rooms (almost like a 110 foot talk escape Volcano) all before the lava erupts at the top of the hour.

Guests can experience this 15 minute walk-through attraction that completes the Volcano and offers an experience to the top of the volcano to those that might be prone to the motion sickness or intensity of the adjacent water slides.

Bonus:
At Disney's Blizzard Beach, Frozone's Double Dipper will retheme the Downhill Double Dipper attraction as well as the west-side of Blizzard Beach since as the story goes, the ice began to melt more rapidly on one side, causing Frozone to have to step in and help save it.
This is something necessary, I definitely hope that Universal goes for it, and creates something like this, as I feel like that Volcano is almost perfect, so they need to complete it, and by adding this walkthrough and enclosing it, they would create a Disney level attraction that would rival their best work! Hopefully Comcast hears you, and expands it, as it’s a fantastic idea!

Bonus: Frozone better get a Water Ride! Where’s my swimsuit? +1

TwilightZone

I feel like this is one of the most realistic ones! I really like the character of Moho, and the fact he is an AA, plus the fact that he’ll let you pass by giving a flower is great, Moho having a weak spot for them is perfect, in a way it makes feel like I know a lot of the character just from a few sentences. And using the Tapu tapu is a genius idea! Great work! I’m really pleased by this entry!

Bonus: Disney nowadays is like the Frozen Ophrah, you get Frozen, and you get Frozen! Extremely realistic! +1
The moho is an actual Hawaiian mythological creature, I feel in love with it, it's so cool! And yes the flower thing is part of the myth.

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
Challenge 1 Results!

It was extremely hard to rank all of this awesome proposals, hopefully it will remain this way, as all of them where of high quality! Thank you for your entries!

Honorable Mentions
honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@Pionmycake with Akua’s Heroics
Because bringing Akua back deserves some sort of recognition as he’s great!​

Bronze Medal
(1 point)​

HwdD16ZWrc-UCc_0Wqn7dkPtcgfw4_mQVvdCCBrIMNxSRKo1-AJ_vwAd4P1ixD5TQXpNP6BMTYtjbjyG_GTooe8pm8hzof8xQNOfSDATBN458f9s4z3zFKafLxghDWSagR7SKUg0

@TwilightZone with Mythic Falls
By creating one of the most unique attractions and creating a great character!​

Silver Medal
(2 points)​

MeKvvV9OGHUMMAa3swDFdQq8GXHLQ57wiM5KntOZYZdt_kWa2QrMkjN2EUE4AVAeYoGBb5U7uzs3schUAYOFTIJgRliW2sdmYT7f102sPwzfaCH9IkIguEi3tJnEg-NIzyVOE412

@MisterPenguin with Kunuconuts
A great park attraction that I never thought I needed and sounds like something that would definitely be under consideration.​

Gold Medal
(3 points)​

153_Ns5ybzWGG1ifBPtvYIaIicW2ptarY-uvqbPsaJB9OWF2VUw4CqrHt51gqfeVxDZDTDLQlDzNr5z2atLjNQADzk6E_HIXJVjydXQKDNliWiSJhkAN1HwfDKnz6LUA7MXbmMyn

@Evilgidgit with Journey through the spirit river
By creating a Disney leve ride for a Water theme park, he created what Na’Vi River should have been!

Congratulations everyone! For me all of you won this round!​

DisneyFan18

Original Poster

CHALLENGE 2

DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

224AA142-6B0F-4059-90C8-3C2BEDACEDA3.jpeg

Fellow Imagineers, time to visit the Disney park that currently needs the most work done, yes, Disney IP Studios!

-Background Information-

Disney Hollywood’s Studios is Walt Disney World Resort’s Third Gate, and in it’s opening date it was definitely a gem, however, with time, and a poor direction, it has collapsed and it’s on a dire need of assistance!

-Challenge-
In this, the second challenge, you’ll have to create a new immersive land like Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Echo Lake, from the Indy Stunt Show to Star Tours, and whatever space you feel you need. However, you must retheme either Star Tours or the Stunt Show, and transform the other into a different type of attraction.

-Bonus-
As a Bonus, design either a new Stunt Show or a Simulator for Universal Studios Orlando, it must be the one you didn’t rethemed, the one you're replacing with another type of attraction!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 5 sentences and up to 1 image/1 video. For the bonus you may use 1 sentence. The deadline is Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 10:59 PM EST. Critiques will come shortly after, with Challenge 3 being posted at Sunday, July 6th, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-

Is it creative?
Does it accomplishes everything within the challenge guidelines?
Is it realistic?

-Reminders-

This prompt will be a points prompt. As a reminder, everyone who submits something as well as follows the rules will get 1 point. 3 awards are given for each challenge. The three awards are Bronze (+1 points), Silver (+2 points), and Gold (+3 points). Additionally, everyone who answers the Bonus receives an extra point.

Last edited:

FireMountain

Metroville
latest

Coming soon to Disney's Hollywood Studios is Metroville, the home of the Incredibles. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular will be rethemed to The Incredibles Save the Day, a show where the Incredibles take on Clones of Syndrome and the Underminer created by Screenslaver. Star Wars: Path of the Jedi will be replaced by the Mode Fashion Show, A show where a hologram Edna Mode shows off the hottest in Super-fashion. Backlot Express will be demolished and replaced by Happy Platter, the iconic restaurant from Incredibles 2. And Star Tours will be demolished and replaced by An Incredible Adventure, a KUKA E-Ticket Dark ride following the Incredibles battling a strange new band of villains named "The Mysterious Trio".

Bonus: To begin the inevitable horde of Nintendo rides, Universal Studios Florida will receive Kirby: The Ride, a motion simulator where you fly through Dreamland and it's many sights.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

New New York
cb86ce2bb20712c70025ea52cc8afd95.jpg

This new land will transport guests to the world of futurama. Star tours will be replaced by Planet Express Training, where guests play the role of new delivery people being trained in their new job by the characters, but things go crazy during the trip. Indiana Jones stunt show will replaced by Trip Down the Sewers, a new indoor rollercoaster that will blast guests through the sewers of New New York after accidentally falling down a chute.
Bonus: Universal will get a new simulator in whosville where guests ride with the grinch to deliver gifts to whos everywhere.

winstongator

Agrabah
Travel to a whole new world as Star Tours is re-themed to Aladdin and Jasmine taking you on an adventure above their world, with a bonus of some trips passing by real-world landmarks such as the Parthenon, Sphinx and Pyramids. The entrance of Star Tours is replaced with the Sultan's palace - you walk through until you get to Jasmine's room with its balcony and embark on your journey. Indy's stunt show is replaced with an interactive area: the the Cave of Wonders, where you decide to take the gold or continue your search for the lamp hidden each day - the guest who finds it receives, of course, Genie as a friend and three wishes. Backlot express is sacrificed and the non-attraction area becomes the market, with fruit and food stands. The market area has cast-members as pickpockets, but instead of taking, they place trinkets and messages into pockets, and Jafar and the Sultan's guards who are searching for those 'stolen' valuables.

Evilgidgit

One question before I post my entry. Will Halloween Horror Nights be considered as a challenge?

Toon Outpost
g1067.jpg

Beyond Gertie and the Echo Lake is a new, heavily forested area, home to the Toon Outpost, a small but bustling airfield and community within a fantasy wood, actually owned by Scrooge McDuck and is themed around characters from Disney Saturday Afternoon. What makes the land unique is that it has a high level of wandering characters, including some toons who live and work at the outpost, along with a variety of "visitors" to allow for numerous photo ops. Backlot Express is turned into an indoor market area, where the shops and stands are owned by several notable characters.

Star Tours is reimagined as Plane Crazy Tours, housed with the plane hangar (with half a plane poking out of the roof), transforming the ride into a high-flying flight simulation - but with the choice of two alternate adventures, where guests can pick either Launchpad McQuack or Baloo (from TaleSpin) as their pilot, with unpredictable results.

The Indiana Jones Stunt Show is gone, replaced with the enormous woodland home of the Gummi Glenn Quick Cars, based around the Adventures of the Gummi Bears, an indoor coaster similar in size and tone to the Seven Dwarf Mine Train, and attached to the ride is a small counter service called Grammi Gummi's Berry Juice Bar.

(I think Universal has enough soddin' simulators!)

Bonus - The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Stuntshow Spectacular - Join the iconic Power Rangers as they battle Rita Repulsa, Lord Zedd, and their army of monsters and protect Angel Grove, complete with impressive hand-to-hand combat, and appearance from the Zords to form the almighty Megazord!

Last edited:

DisneyForever

Metroville
latest

Coming soon to Disney's Hollywood Studios is Metroville, the home of the Incredibles. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular will be rethemed to The Incredibles Save the Day, a show where the Incredibles take on Clones of Syndrome and the Underminer created by Screenslaver. Star Wars: Path of the Jedi will be replaced by the Mode Fashion Show, A show where a hologram Edna Mode shows off the hottest in Super-fashion. Backlot Express will be demolished and replaced by Happy Platter, the iconic restaurant from Incredibles 2. And Star Tours will be demolished and replaced by An Incredible Adventure, a KUKA E-Ticket Dark ride following the Incredibles battling a strange new band of villains named "The Mysterious Trio".

Bonus: To begin the inevitable horde of Nintendo rides, Universal Studios Florida will receive Kirby: The Ride, a motion simulator where you fly through Dreamland and it's many sights.
@DisneyFan18 I have my own challenge of using only Incredibles and Despicable Me/Minions. Can I post mine with Incredibles?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
20th Mid-Century Muppets

The mid-20th century theming around Echo Lake from the Sci-Fi Dine-In Restaurant to the 50’s Prime Time Café will be completed with the installation of an expanded Muppets Land called Twentieth Mid-Century Muppets in which all the building facades now nicely fit in with the 50’s L.A. theme of the area.

First, Star Tours will be rethemed to Pigs In Space featuring the animatronics of Miss Piggy and the bridge crew of the Swinetrek kicking out C-3PO and doing a Mystery Science Theater riff on bad 50’s Sci-Fi scenes on the view screen in between thrilling simulated space maneuvers.

Next, Back Lot Express becomes a full restaurant themed to the Cold War spy-thrillers of the era with plenty of secret agent gags and video vignettes of Constantine and the Muppet crew in short “Spy v. Spy”- like sketches.

We bulldoze the stunt show arena for a massive Muppet dark ride in which AAs, projections, and yes, screens, portray the various cultural trends of the Post-War Era to the late 60’s in the inimitable musical comedy spoofs which are the Muppets’ bread-and-butter.

Each room will feature a sketch and song on a mid-century trend including: Westerns with Davy Crocket and Zorro, jungle adventures with the Jungle Book and an African Queen parody, schlocky horror monsters; the Latin music craze with the Three Caballeros guest starring; the Polynesian craze with a South Pacific homage; and the rise of Disney pop culture; all featuring music from the times -- and from Fox and Disney classics -- such as: Oklahoma!, Sound of Music; Hello Dolly; Cinderella; Poppins; boy-group do-wop, Motown, and early Rock ‘n Roll!

The Adventures of Hercules and Xena

Until Universal makes a block-buster Sinbad movie, then it’s time to retheme the Sinbad stunt show in the Lost Continent “Island” in order to feature the Universal intellectual property of Hercules and Xena, bringing a strong female protagonist in the mix and blending the show closer in theme with that of Poseidon’s Fury.

DisneyForever

Nomanisan Island
Nomanisan-Island.jpg

The land from the first Incredibles move is coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios; starting from Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and stretching all the way to Grand Avenue, this land will feature 4 attractions, 3 shops, and a restaurant.

The first attraction as you walk in is Syndrome's Superhero Spectacular (replacing Indiana Jones), a now enclosed show that guests can actually participate and be included in; the next attraction is the Incredicoaster, which takes its name from DCA, but has actual AAs and goes through a mountain; the third attraction is the No Capes Super Fashion Show, a fashion show that travels throughout the land and features the one and only Edna Mode as she describes and shows off each and every superhero costume from her new line; the final attraction is Jack-Jack Attack, a classic drop-tower ride that is themed to Jack-Jack and his superpowers.

Throughout the land you can find 3 shops, along with the re-imagined Backlot Express as the Num-Num Cookie Sweets and Snacks, where you can find the usual American cuisine, and find great names for food such as the Super Stretchy Burger, Superhero Salad, No Capes, Just Crepes, Frozone Fruit Pops, and the Masked Pretzel.

Bonus:
Located next to Minion Mayhem, Dr. Nefario's Evil Inventions Show will let guests visit the lab of Gru and Dr. Nefario, as the Doctor shows off some of his greatest evil inventions, such as the Fart Gun and Cookie Gutters.

Disneylover152

In this, the second challenge, you’ll have to create a new immersive land like Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Echo Lake, from the Indy Stunt Show to Star Tours, and whatever space you feel you need. However, you must retheme either Star Tours or the Stunt Show, and transform the other into a different type of attraction.

By "create an immersive land like Star Wars" do you mean create theming at the same level as Galaxy's Edge or create a single IP land or both?

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
After a lot of thought on the matter, I announce that unfortunately, I'll have to step down from hosting the OSC due to a personal matter, I was really enjoying working with all of you, but life sometimes forces you to make though choices, and this time, this was the choice I had to make, I'll also become less active within the WDWMagic Forums due to the same reason, however, don't worry, this episode of the OSC will continue as @spacemt354 will step to host the rest of the competition, I wish I was able to keep hosting, thank you all!

spacemt354

Chili's
Thank you @DisneyFan18 for all your hard work to planning this competition! I really enjoyed your prompts thus far and I just wanted to tell you that you have done a great job! I hope everything is alright and ends up okay with your personal matter and I'm excited to see what @spacemt354 brings to the table!
Thanks! I'm keeping everything as DisneyFan already planned out - only fair to carry out his vision for it! Judging criteria/rules/etc - everything remains the same, just a different person reviewing. Hope you enjoy - and we all wish DF the best of luck and will see him soon!

spacemt354

Chili's
Also for any newer folks or people in the competition for the first time -- a bit of an introduction...

Hellooo! -- imagineering has been one of my hobbies for quite some time, and around the imagineer forum for the past several years. Been involved in a variety of competitions and brainstorming threads, was competitive in imagineering back a few years ago, winning two of the One Sentence comps, and trying my best in other team comps, but the competitive edge kind of fell off... (Well, not completely...still kind of am:p) but in all seriousness, since last year one of my main goals here is just helping out however I can to make sure others have opportunities to grow their passions here.

And if you'd like to see my review 'style' so to speak - you can look to The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4 and a OSC from last year that ironically I filled in for as well during this same time - One Sentence Comp Season 3 - Episode 3

I generally look to highlight the positives while distinguishing projects based on creativity and the effort put into it, and if possible try to give a way I think the project might improve next time. So hopefully that helps give a little extra detail and see everyone Thursday Night!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom