FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

I mean that's one of the most normal things they do. I stayed in Boston the other night and overnight parking was $40.

Ummm parking in boston is finite....parking at moderates and values is endless (compared to occupancy) you pay to park in boston because theres not enough parking for everybody. When there is enough parking for everyone theres no need to charge except when you have a monopoly on the parking....ding ding ding.

mightynine

My guess is at best, on-site guests will have the ability to buy bundled Premiere Access passes based on whatever park they're visiting that day - "Conquer The Magic Kingdom Mountain Range", "Enjoy World Whatever", "May The Force Be With You", "Pandora Unlocked" - that wouldn't be offered to the general public, who will have to pay-as-they-go.

Perhaps on-site guests will have the ability to get a standby pass at any time, regardless of whether the attraction has actually turned it on.

But the idea they will make any Premiere Access complimentary to on-site guests makes no sense to a company that has now found a way to artificially create demand for any attraction, opening a revenue source that has no cost other than some servers in a rack.

And for those who think that this new revenue source would go into ensuring show quality remains up to snuff, well, they've managed to raise prices regularly over the years and you can see how much that's been a concern for the company.

orky8

I'm not convinced this will be implemented in WDW. I think it makes more sense for shorter term destinations i.e. DL, DLP, Universal, etc.

Its easier to cough up a few hundred extra for a 2-3 day vacation than somewhere like WDW that people stay 7-10 day. And no I don't think Disney wants people to shorten their trip.

Disney doesn't want you to take a 7 day vacation anymore with them. They want you to spend your 7 day budget in 3-4 days and get out to make room for the next rube. They don't have the capacity to handle everyone's full 7 days of vacation.

Fido Chuckwagon

With all due respect, I don't think you know what you're talking about on this issue. The post-COVID staffing crisis is real, and it's severe.
Maybe, and I don't know, but maybe if Disney had had the foresight to not lay off 30 percent of it's staff at the beginning of the pandemic and instead tapped into some of it's huge cash reserves, it wouldn't be in this mess. But what do I know, I'm not a Bob.

matt9112

I don't think I've ever had free parking as a hotel guest at a 4 or 5 star hotel. It's inexpensive hotels that typically don't charge for parking.

I don't understand berating Disney for an industry standard.

The industry standard that predated the last 40+ years of free parking? How did they not follow said standard for so long? What an outrage! Also if your trying to tell me pop century is a 4 star hotel i have a bridge to sell you.

aaronml

Also, since it seems FP+ is dead, I’ll reveal something about it that AFAIK wasn’t public knowledge.

Same Day FP drops:

TDO used to release same-day FP+ inventory at scheduled times throughout the day for many / most popular attractions in all parks except MK. e.g. Soarin’ used to drop same day FP+ at 1:30pm and 3:30pm.

I’m not really sure why they never did it for any MK attractions, but they did indeed do it for the most popular attractions in the other 3 parks.

Jrb1979

I dont understand the people saying the 60 Day advance Fast Pass was hard to do. In all the time we went we sat down as a group and decided, Never once did we have to juggle parks to get a Fast Pass on any day, including Frozen and Avatar (we were there the 1st or 2nd week it was open on a fluke) and got FOP. If anything for us the 60 day thing made it a bit more relaxing and easier to plan in advance how we wanted to enjoy Disney.
It wasn't hard to do so much as I have no idea that far out what I feel like riding. When I go to any theme park I like spontaneity I absolutely hate planning my day out to the last minute. I do that enough when I am home, it's the last thing I want to do on vacation.

What gets me is the biggest complaint about Disney is the amount of planning. The last few months most people have been saying their trips were much better without all the planning. Going to day of FP would be a welcome change.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I dont understand the people saying the 60 Day advance Fast Pass was hard to do. In all the time we went we sat down as a group and decided, Never once did we have to juggle parks to get a Fast Pass on any day, including Frozen and Avatar (we were there the 1st or 2nd week it was open on a fluke) and got FOP. If anything for us the 60 day thing made it a bit more relaxing and easier to plan in advance how we wanted to enjoy Disney.

Please sit down and tell me what you are going to eat and feel like 8 Wednesdays from now. Just keep doing that because it's easy right.

Why would I ask you to do this in the first place? Why should you have to do this to GO ON VACATION.

mattpeto

Disney doesn't want you to take a 7 day vacation anymore with them. They want you to spend your 7 day budget in 3-4 days and get out to make room for the next rube. They don't have the capacity to handle everyone's full 7 days of vacation.
All you have to do is look at the tickets pricing and how they increase each over a length of stay to prove that this narrative is incorrect.

Chip Chipperson

I love this post…but can we PLEASE stop saying that Every product is an “experience”…

that’s 100% “company driven” term of misdirection designed to separate your Brain from your wallet.

dumbo is not an “experience” past round one…and not much even at that. Your 5th meal at Crystal palace or le cellier is not an “experience”…nor is your annual Halloween party.

I smelled a rat when that term started popping up on their media about 10 years ago…and I HATE being right.

we consumers need to get back to using price, ticket and cost. Focus.

Jimi Hendrix replacing Aerosmith on the RnRC confirmed! :)

CaptainAmerica

Maybe, and I don't know, but maybe if Disney had had the foresight to not lay off 30 percent of it's staff at the beginning of the pandemic and instead tapped into some of it's huge cash reserves, it wouldn't be in this mess. But what do I know, I'm not a Bob.
You know Disney had to issue billions of dollars of debt to get through the closures, right?

Waters Back Side

I agree the 60 day in advance selection of FP is done. That is legit over as we all have assumed. Pretty obvious. Guests might ne able to choose their 1 top attraction the day of or for each day in advance when they arrive or even have an entire day st the park to walk on. It will be more comforting for the planners as Disneys main goal of making more money and controlling lines.

Last edited:

Basil of Baker Street

All you have to do is look at the tickets pricing and how they increase each over a length of stay to prove that this narrative is incorrect.
Exactly. Not much difference in price from a 5 day and 10 day. Also, why would Disney want to find 2 families to stay in one room as opposed to finding 1 with a longer stay and not have to clean it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You know Disney had to issue billions of dollars of debt to get through the closures, right?
That really is gonna cut into that $320 market cap, ain’t it?

we’re not gonna do the “poor whittle conglomerate” routine, are we?

how bout dem airlines? $50 bil in cash…no strings attached…when they weren’t flying…now they’re begging for cash because they can’t manage to fly.

“free market”…my butt 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom