FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickys

Premium Member
OK, found tweets which led me to this actual article.

nickys

Premium Member
I didnt mean to be snarky, I googled a few minutes ago it and it all over the UK news posts already. But even the link fro earlier said it was for sure, that was not a rumor, the rumor is for WDW.
Fair enough. I’m in the U.K. too and couldn’t find anything on the official DLP blog, for example. But the tweets led me to an article.
As for the earlier link, the least said the better.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
EBE46160-0529-4D42-8C7E-FFB7DB9FE9DA.jpeg

or as it’s known internally... Fastpa$$

Waters Back Side

Now, if I find out Disney Premier Access comes with you vacation package for SELECT resorts on the property that's a different story. I dont agree with that either as value resorts would have to pay for example, but at least it eases the blow.

And just think, I actually considered booking another trip in spring before I even went in December but this time at a deluxe since I've never stayed at one. It wont happen of I have to pay $1000 more to go on rides.

dovetail65

Well things out of our control arent worth fretting over.

If this is the system they implement at WDW I will only go at the slowest times of year, that always better than summer with FP anyhow.

Daily Magic

Everyone has their limit and this would be mine. I’ll gladly pay ridiculous prices for a deluxe resort or for an after hour event bc when Im in the park with my regular ticket we are all having the same experience. If we suddenly have to pay again for the rides we’ve already paid for I’ll be done.

My wife and I recently went to WDW in April and it was amazing without FastPass. We got on Pandora multiple times in a day, ran through Magic Kingdom in a few hours riding every ride we wanted multiple times, and the best part was we didn’t have to stress about being at a certain place at a certain time.

A paid FP system would likely make the experience worse for anyone without it. Longer waits, more anxiety caused by FOMO, stress of not getting the magical experience you’re already paying an incredible price for, and it will only encourage Disney to find other ways to make us pay for something we were getting for free before.

The only way this works without making everyone angry would be if it’s priced so high that very few people use it. $300 per day per person (random number). Maybe then it would have minimal impacts on wait times bc so few people would use it.

dovetail65

Now, if I find out Disney Premier Access comes with you vacation package for SELECT resorts on the property that's a different story. I dont agree with that either as value resorts would have to pay for example, but at least it eases the blow.

And just think, I actually considered booking another trip in spring before I even went in December but this time at a deluxe since I've never stayed at one. It wont happen of I have to pay $1000 more to go on rides.
I don't think it will be included with better hotels. I am still not convinced this system works with 4 parks and Americans. Time will tell.

nickys

Premium Member
I don't think it will be included with better hotels. I am still not convinced this system works with 4 parks and Americans. Time will tell.
It could be that the first 1/2/3 FPs are free and you pay after that. It could be that some guests, or all onsite guests, get to buy it before they enter the park. There are ways it can be tweaked to confer extra benefits on certain groups,

The Standby Pass also fits in with what has been said about changing the way you wait for rides.

Waters Back Side

It could be that the first 1/2/3 FPs are free and you pay after that. It could be that some guests, or all onsite guests, get to buy it before they enter the park. There are ways it can be tweaked to confer extra benefits on certain groups,

The Standby Pass also fits in with what has been said about changing the way you wait for rides.

That's all I'd ask. I do not ask for much. Disney draws me back time after time. I love the place but I also have my limits. Give me 3 fast passes. I dont care if a 4th is $200. Honestly. I'll spread the 3 out during the day. I wait an hour on every character line anyway for the kids.

mikejs78

Premium Member
There’s no mention of the “bundles” I expect for Orlando but the paid access and standby pass aligns with what I’ve heard.
So more of you pay for fastpasses that you select? With the possibility of a small number of FPs (one perhaps) for everyone and some additional based on your resort class? Just trying to piece things together from the various rumors.

nickys

Premium Member
Wait, so they moved from a paid model to free at the start of the pandemic?

When we were there two years ago they had bundles that were quite expensive.
There were both. You could buy the bundles but you could also use the fastpass machines at the rides and get free paper FPs.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So more of you pay for fastpasses that you select? With the possibility of a small number of FPs (one perhaps) for everyone and some additional based on your resort class? Just trying to piece things together from the various rumors.
I’ve personally heard nothing about resort guests having anything specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom