FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovetail65

So more of you pay for fastpasses that you select? With the possibility of a small number of FPs (one perhaps) for everyone and some additional based on your resort class? Just trying to piece things together from the var Iious rumors.
All we can do is take a look at how China and Paris work and even those two seem to have subtle differences. But neither have bundles or any other ideas floated around or talked about here.

I rather have a paid FP exactly how it is now then this DPA. WIht DPA I can not do anything until I am past the turnstile, I just hate the thought of it myself.

I need to ask, do the people that dont like FP claim it make their other lines longer think this DPA or a paid FP solves that problem, because if you don't please get on the free FP bandwagon. Or do people just want to see others have to pay when they see FP people walk by them in a faster line , is that what this is about?

Nothing I have seen regarding this DPA seem to me to dent the in line times, it just makes Disney more money and seems like change for the sake of change. In Paris there are no magic bands, so I get it, DPA on a phone makes sense because I think they were on a FP ticket system, but I hate holding my phone and much prefer the magic bands so there is a difference in Parks right there. I wil always use my magicband as long as they allow them even when I wear a watch verse using my phone!
Free paper fastpass has always been available at DLP since it was originally implemented.

All fastpass was suspended when the resort reopened last July.
Right the DPA is more for them to not have to use the paper type or at least that is one reason in literature about it.

Padraig

There were both. You could buy the bundles but you could also use the fastpass machines at the rides and get free paper FPs.
I’ve completely wiped that from memory. Must be the lingering trauma of shelling out for unlimited bands for one of our days.

havoc315

The people that don't want to plan don't understand the premise and this is how I can best say it:

It doesn't matter if the lines that are shorter anyhow are ten minutes longer. The point is to use the Fp on the lines that would be 2 hours long.
That’s a nice “point.”
Offsite guests are never able to get such FPs in the 30 day window.
Even on-site guests can only get it for 1 such attraction in tiered parks.

And the effect: you save 2 hours on 1 ride. Give it back with longer lines the rest of the day. So best case scenario, you break even.

Every system will have “winners” and “losers.” Those who stay on-site in small parties, with the know-how and ability to master the system and pull 4th FPs, see above average benefit.

Those off-site, those with less FP know-how, those who don’t want to plan every major ride at 7am 60 days in advance, those with larger parties (good luck pulling a 4th FP for 12 people for Mine Train), they see above-average detriment.

I strongly suspect that WDW will look for a system that overall creates better guest satisfaction for more guests.

Plus, these people are playing into Disney's hands. Paid FP if it stays just as it is now is going to effect the lines EXACTLY the same as the free version does. Even DPA will effect the standby the same.

Nope. Only if 100% of guests purchase it. The more limited it is, the less it affects standby lines.

No one that used Fp and used it to it's potential will ever go to Disney again without having FP. So those people saying FP stinks the lines are long will now say the same darn thing, but I will have to pay for my FP now.

If a person looks at how the China Disney works I hate it.

The DPA choice can only be made AFTER you are in the park. It's horrible. You can't choose the time for your ride, there is a rolling clock that goes through day as it fills up, this mean you can't coordinate your next fast pass location with it. . Under our old system I could change park days to make sure my days were organized. To have to wait until I am in the park to organize my day when they have park hopper and 4 parks? It makes no sense, no way this is coming to WDW as it is in China. It has to be modified

No, you can only select Disney Premier Access for your visit after you have entered through the turnstiles each day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’ve completely wiped that from memory. Must be the lingering trauma of shelling out for unlimited bands for one of our days.
98F90600-97A8-4628-94DD-C97F4F4DBCA8.jpeg

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
So if I’m reading this right, they are going to sell Premier access, have a standby line, but also have a virtual queue that presumably will activate when the number of Premier Access guests is low, But if the Premier access line gets long, the virtual queue will turn off And it will go Premier access only until they get through the line. Do I read that right?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So if I’m reading this right, they are going to sell Premier access, have a standby line, but also have a virtual queue that presumably will activate when the number of Premier Access guests is low, But if the Premier access line gets long, the virtual queue will turn off And it will go Premier access only until they get through the line. Do I read that right?
The only “line jump” will be paid for.

Free standby will be as now until it gets busy. Then walk-up standby will close and the standby pass will take its place.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Free standby will be as now until it gets busy. Then walk-up standby will close and the standby pass will take its place.
Very helpful, thank you. I assume a Standby Pass guest still waits in a physical line for 15+ minutes once called?

mikejs78

Premium Member

What's been the experience in Paris for this so far? After standby pass gets activated, how long do you actually stand in line? I assume you can ride other attractions in the meantime but only have one standby line at a time?

mikejs78

Premium Member
I’ve personally heard nothing about resort guests having anything specifically.
Ah right, that wasn't you. But you did, if I recall, mention that resort guests might be able to book FPs at the start of their reservation as opposed to day of.

Waters Back Side

So the better rides when busy will open a stand by line/pass. How do they control who gets in thar line? So at 2pm if HS is packed and they open the stand by line for Slinky Dog, does that mean for a short window the standby line and those who get on it will be able to get on the ride quicker then the typical stand by queue? Is it first iit first serve? If I'm on the other side of the park and the standby line opens at 2pm when its busy, can I walk over to the ride and get on quick?

I still do not believe that a subset of resort guests wont receive some free fast passes. If not, I think Disney will hurt themselves.

mikejs78

Premium Member
So the better rides when busy will open a stand by line/pass. How do they control who gets in thar line? So at 2pm if HS is packed and they open the stand by line for Slinky Dog, does that mean for a short window the standby line and those who get on it will be able to get on the ride quicker then the typical stand by queue? Is it first iit first serve? If I'm on the other side of the park and the standby line opens at 2pm when its busy, can I walk over to the ride and get on quick?

I still do not believe that a subset of resort guests wont receive some free fast passes. If not, I think Disney will hurt themselves.
No this means when the park is busy, they may say "standby pass only". Let's say Slinky has a 2 hr wait. You then would enter the standby pass queue on your phone and wouldn't have to get in line right away. Then, let's say, 1 hour and 15 minutes later, you might get a notification that you can now enter a 45 minute standby line. Your wait is still 2 hours but you only have to actually stand in line for 45 minutes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So the better rides when busy will open a stand by line/pass. How do they control who gets in thar line? So at 2pm if HS is packed and they open the stand by line for Slinky Dog,
That would mean from 2pm only those allowed to enter the standby line entrance will be those who have a standby pass code to show to the greeting CM on their phone / the non phone alternative.

Creathir

That would mean from 2pm only those allowed to enter the standby line entrance will be those who have a standby pass code to show to the greeting CM on their phone / the non phone alternative.
If I shelled out $125 for my park ticket and was told I couldn’t enter rides because they were too full…
I’d be ed.

I see really bad times ahead for the CMs at guest relations…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom