FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splashin' Ryan

This entire system hinges on the hope that people will be willing to pay $___ per ride if the wait times are high.
I truly do not believe enough people will be willing to pay to sustain the system.

Honestly, I'd be willing to pay extra on my flat ticket price to avoid all of this and return to paper FP or all standby.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Guess this explains the "Lighting Pass" mentioned earlier -

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 8.32.23 AM.png

Waters Back Side

I mean, would I be GUARANTEED 100% no doubt about be able to ride any ride I want to at a certain time? Otherwise I dont buy this. Sorry. I dont buy it. This would be Disney telling everyone that you pay for a theme park ticket and now we tell you when you can get on the popular rides. I hope they have the cast members trained to handle cancellations and irate guests on the phone over the next few months. Either they upgrade me to a deluxe resort or I cancel my trip. I didn't pay 10k for a week in disney to be told I cant get on 2 or 3 rides when I want no questions asked.

Last edited:

drizgirl

This entire system hinges on the hope that people will be willing to pay $___ per ride if the wait times are high.
I truly do not believe enough people will be willing to pay to sustain the system.

Honestly, I'd be willing to pay extra on my flat ticket price to avoid all of this and return to paper FP or all standby.
After paying surge pricing for their ticket to enter on a busy day.

Splashin' Ryan

If I shelled out $125 for my park ticket and was told I couldnā€™t enter rides because they were too fullā€¦
Iā€™d be ****ed.

I see really bad times ahead for the CMs at guest relationsā€¦
Exactly what I'm thinking. At some points of the day, certain rides will be completely unavailable to non extra-paying guests.
I hope people will realize how absurd it is that you will have to pay for rides at certain times when you've already paid for a ticket.

Creathir

Everything he does is for the hope of making the company look better in the next financial quarter. Mega businesses like Disney cannot be run that way or there will be major issues decades from now.
Sooner than that.
5-10 years tops.

If I was an institutional investor, Iā€™d honestly be nervous about such lack of leadership.

Itā€™s akin to the sort of garbage that gets pulled at a discount store.

They cannot even empty garbage cans properly anymoreā€¦ the squeeze is happening on both ends.

Raise prices (directly or indirectly with BS like above) or and cut value by decreasing the performances, magic, and cleanliness of the parks.

What will be the long term effects of this BS on their prized cash cow, DVC? Why would anyone want to tie themselves to such an albatross? I know Iā€™m beginning to second guess my purchaseā€¦

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Itā€™s worth remembering why the ā€œstandby passā€ was implemented in the first place. When DLP reopened certain days were very busy. Queues had a 1 metre gap between parties due to covid regulations which effectively made the physical queue space 1/3 of its designed size. Queues spilled out into walkways, across store entrances and the like. Standby pass was designed to only have the amount of guests the reduced queue space could handle actually present in the queue.

Now it harks back to the Pressler era of of original fastpass of less time in a queue and more time to spend money in stores.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I mean, would o be GUARANTEED 100% no doubt about be able to ride any ride I want to ay a certain time? Otherwise I dont buy this. Sorry. I dont buy it. This would be Disney telling everyone that you pay for a theme park ticket and ow we tell you when you can get on the popular rides. I hope they have the cast members trained to handle cancellations and irate guests on the phone over the next few months. Either they upgrade me to a deluxe resort or I cancel my trip. I didn't pay 10k for a week in disney to be told I cant get on 2 or 3 rides when I want no questions asked.
First, you've never been guaranteed.

Second, all this is is saying you line up virtually and come back to the standby line when it's your turn. It's just you spend the bulk of the time being able to do something else. I suspect many will like that fact. It's to prevent 2 hour lines.

dreday3

First, you've never been guaranteed.

Second, all this is is saying you line up virtually and come back to the standby line when it's your turn. It's to prevent 2 hour lines.

That actually sounds good to me.

My worry is in October that the virtual queues will fill up very early in the day before you even have a chance to join! I just don't want to start my mornings stressed to get to the park so I can join virtual queues.

Is it limited to one standby pass at a time? Is it safe to assume demand will go up for popular rides because more people will be willing to wait in a virtual queue than physical?

Lil Copter Cap

I think the sentiment that this won't work in WDW holds a lot of truth. Four parks and 30+ resort hotels adds so much into the mix that this isn't a sustainable model (which also might be the whole concept in order to gain $$ quickly).

But telling families of four that you have to pay a base ticket price (that's astronomically high) + separate sliding scale "passes" to attractions really messes with vacation budgets, and we haven't even touched on any type of immersion breaking.

Also, this seems to be a way for comps/main gate passes and APs to contribute more heavily to the daily income of a park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom