FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waters Back Side

So at 30 dollars a day (if this is even the price) a guest, as a party of 5 with 3 kids over 10 (considered adults by Disney standards) 7 nights at a moderate resort and 7 days of park tickets, I'd have to pay an additional 150 × 7 = $1050 dollars. I'll do it IF...I can walk into Epcot and walk onto Remy, Frozen, Test Track in the same day. Or in HS where I can walk on to MMRW, SDD and MFSR on the same day. Heck even two of the top tiered attractions I'd consider. Otherwise to me it is not worth it. I'd be just as happy with 3 free and 1 top tiered attraction.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member

Reliable rumor that it’s coming to Paris. Already in Shanghai. It’s expansion to WDW would be logical and consistent with recent rumors.
Well, for one thing that site is not exactly the most reliable in the world. They get some stuff right, but they got a lot wrong too. They also said the tiki room and country bears were going away, only to have that slapped down by Disney. But they do get some things right, so I would say that it is a rumor - but to call it a reliable rumor is a stretch at this point.

Also the domestic parks are often treated much differently than any international parks. Just because it is in Shanghai in Paris, it does not mean that it will come to WDW in the same form. The rumors here have a number of free options, depending on where you stay. They also seem to provide more of a fast pass like selection rather than a package of rides, although the package of rides might very well be available. I think the nature of WDW and DLR Make it so that the offering maybe similar, but different from Paris or Shanghai.

dovetail65

It appears likely that Disney Premier Access is coming to WDW.
Reliable rumor that DPA is replacing FP at Disneyland Paris. Already replaced FP in Shanghai.

It’s monetized same-day purchase of a group of access passes. In Shanghai, you can buy groupings of 3 or 6 attractions, I believe.

Ballpark prices of about $10 per attraction per personpaid FP on top po.
If it was that pricing at WDW, wonder how widely adopted it would be at Disney.
At Animal Kingdom, would you pay an extra $30 per person to skip the line at FOP, Tough to be a Bug, and Dinosaur?
(I’m speculating they would combine a super desirable FP with 2 less desirable).
I would like a link to that post, the way I read it, well this must be be different information because all I read said was that they were thinking about that and about 5 other ways to do FP including leaving it as is. I can't find newer information that says different right now.
So at 30 dollars a day (if this is even the price) a guest, as a party of 5 with 3 kids over 10 (considered adults by Disney standards) and 7 days of park tickets, I'd have to pay an additional 150 × 7 = $1050 dollars. I'll do it IF...I can walk into Epcot and walk onto Remy, Frozen, Test Track in the same day. Or in HS where I can walk on to MMRW, SDD and MFSR on the same day. Heck even two of the top tiered attractions I'd consider. Otherwise to me it is not worth it. I'd be just as happy with 3 free and 1 top tiered attraction.
What used to be in the price now would cost me 2400 more for 10 days. 6 kids, me and wife times 30 = 2400.00. That is insane.

Local pay for WDW to run for 2 months a year. I can see it now the locals with their AP paying for FP on top of their monthly AP payments? So for me the high tiered Annual passes best have some included FP, even Universal does that(after 4 on my AP).

The fact is FP+ has been no cost, 3 a day and it is one big reason we love Disney over universal. Disney better think long and hard. From my perspective it is a huge business mistake not keeping some form of free FP. We are still in Covid, many families struggling and they can finally go to Disney after saving and getting through these hard times and now WDW charges for FP? Disney is better off never having FP come back at all than charging like that at WDW.

Last edited:

mhaftman7

You can scream all you want. You're still wrong. It makes standby lines longer. Simple fact, shown by every objective study. (And known to Disney's internal team, which is the real reason they suspended it. It wasn't about social distancing, it was because they knew FP eats up capacity faster, so when running limited capacity, they had to suspend FP).
When you add FP to attractions that didn't have FP before, wait times go up:

We started to see it in 2019, pre-pandemic, when FP was "turned on" at Smuggler's run. Standby wait times started to rise, by about 10-15 minutes on average.
So basically you’re whole deal is because you had to wait in line for 10 minutes longer? Listen, like I said, this is not an issue. The FP+ system worked. When we went in May, with no FP system in place, lines were longer than ever. They did not move quickly. I don’t care what mathematical equation you put up to support your, or someone else’s, hypothesis. You can use whatever data you want to cherry pick to prove your desired outcome, but the truth of the matter is everyone had access to FPs. The system worked fine, and would most likely work better as more rides are sorted into tiers. It’s okay to have people disagree with you. You don’t need FPs to become the new Paul Sheldon.

CuteAsMinnie

I just read how the DPA in Shanghai works... Wow, that would really suck. We typically stay the Poly and I still think that would suck. And if deluxe had some FP
Included (and others resorts did not) that would REALLY suck.

oh, and remember when the “Genie” app was going to tell you what would enhance your day? And recommend things to you? Well here we go.

okay, that’s all.☹️

dovetail65

So basically you’re whole deal is because you had to wait in line for 10 minutes longer? Listen, like I said, this is not an issue. The FP+ system worked. When we went in May, with no FP system in place, lines were longer than ever. They did not move quickly. I don’t care what mathematical equation you put up to support your, or someone else’s, hypothesis. You can use whatever data you want to cherry pick to prove your desired outcome, but the truth of the matter is everyone had access to FPs. The system worked fine, and would most likely work better as more rides are sorted into tiers. It’s okay to have people disagree with you. You don’t need FPs to become the new Paul Sheldon.
The people that don't want to plan don't understand the premise and this is how I can best say it:

It doesn't matter if the lines that are shorter anyhow are ten minutes longer. The point is to use the Fp on the lines that would be 2 hours long.

Plus, these people are playing into Disney's hands. Paid FP if it stays just as it is now is going to effect the lines EXACTLY the same as the free version does. Even DPA will effect the standby the same. No one that used Fp and used it to it's potential will ever go to Disney again without having FP. So those people saying FP stinks the lines are long will now say the same darn thing, but I will have to pay for my FP now.

If a person looks at how the China Disney works I hate it.

The DPA choice can only be made AFTER you are in the park. It's horrible. You can't choose the time for your ride, there is a rolling clock that goes through day as it fills up, this mean you can't coordinate your next fast pass location with it. . Under our old system I could change park days to make sure my days were organized. To have to wait until I am in the park to organize my day when they have park hopper and 4 parks? It makes no sense, no way this is coming to WDW as it is in China. It has to be modified

No, you can only select Disney Premier Access for your visit after you have entered through the turnstiles each day.

KingdomofDreams

If it involves pre-selected ride packages or arriving at an attraction, determining the line is too long and purchasing a FP for it which requires a later return time, that will be totally unsatisfactory to me. I want to start my day knowing how many FP entries I have, be able to use those FP's on any FP enabled attraction, and use them at whatever time of my choosing. Having to be at their mercy for a scheduled return time and have to backtrack across the park multiple times when you're paying for them is an unacceptable situation. It's always been a pain, the whole scheduling thing, but when it was free for absolutely everyone and you could schedule them in advance to at least coordinate your touring plan and avoid backtracking, it was a little easier to accept. This is only my own humble opinion of course. I know every individual has their own feelings on the matter and I respect that.

dovetail65

If it involves pre-selected ride packages or arriving at an attraction, determining the line is too long and purchasing a FP for it which requires a later return time, that will be totally unsatisfactory to me. I want to start my day knowing how many FP entries I have, be able to use those FP's on any FP enabled attraction, and use them at whatever time of my choosing. Having to be at their mercy for a scheduled return time and have to backtrack across the park multiple times when you're paying for them is an unacceptable situation. It's always been a pain, the whole scheduling thing, but when it was free for absolutely everyone and you could schedule them in advance to at least coordinate your touring plan and avoid backtracking, it was a little easier to accept. This is only my own humble opinion of course. I know every individual has their own feelings on the matter and I respect that.
I tired to figure it out for the Disney Shanghai, from what I read I don't like, it doesn't even seem like it would work well at WDW.

I am 100% with you. At Shanghai, it seems you can't even make your FP times the night before, if Disney goes to that they may as well be Six flags.

Universal, though I always preferred Disney, with its newer rides and third park coming is looking better and better to me. At least with my Universal AP after 4 I get the FP and when it's hot I go at night anyhow. Universal parking with my AP was the best(still not up due to Covid). The valet is included I would just pull up jump out and get on the escalator. I also got the one Halloween Horror night included with the AP too, something we always had to pay for at Disney Boo Bash or whatever. The Universal Halloween is way better than Disney. So if this third Universal Park is a home run who knows depending on what Disney does with this FP cost I might be going to Universal more than Disney in a flip flop for me.

Waters Back Side

Tbh, I'm not even sure I believe this. Or any aspects of this. Same company run by the same people, but WDW since I've been going has always operated differently with a different ride system then all the other parks.

Even I agree that there is going to be a change to the old FP+ and in no way do I have any sources or know anyone who has insight, but I have a hard time believing they will expect people to pay for all the rides or attractions and the day of for that matter.

This means, on spring break, Christmas/NY, Thanksgiving or any other peak time, if a person has saved for the year to go to Disney (or back to Disney again) if they cannot afford to pay for the attractions there is ZERO incentive to go.

I have reservations for the week of New Years. I have never been to Disney at that time of year. It's always spring break for me and ny family. I cannot ever imagine paying for attractions the day of, let alone pay for them at all.

FP was available to everyone who had a park ticket. The same people complaining they don't like FP, are the same ones who had the same perk and same ability to use it or CHOOSE not to. Then complain they hate the standby. Lol. Makes mo sense to me.

Like I said, if I have to pay more money for the ability to ride what I want, for me I would have to literally...WALK on to ANY ride, ANY time of the day I want end of discussion. I'd rather have nothing then to use the model of DLP.

And like i said since WDW has always beaten to
Its own drum with a line system and FP has been rumored to change for a long time, I do not see this happening. I dont care if one of Chapeks family members said it, I'll believe this when I see it.

That being said, even I believe a change of FP is on the way and some type of paid form, but nothing dramatic like this. All I want it my 3 rides. I dont care about being charged for more after but tha is just me. I will wait until I hear all the details before I jump the gun and cancel anything.

Last edited:

dovetail65

Tbh, I'm not even sure I believe this. Ot any aspects of this. Same company run by the same people, but WDW since I've been going has always operated differently with a different tide system then all the other parks.

Even I agree that there is going to be a change to the old FP+ and in no way do I have any sources or know anyone who has insight, but I have a hard time believing they will expect people to pay for all the rides or attractions and the day of for that matter.

This means, on spring break, Christmas/NY, Thanksgiving or any other peak time, if a person has saved for the year to go to Disney (or back to Disney again) if they cannot afford to pay for the attractions there is ZERO incentive to go.

I have reservations for the week of New Years. I have never been to Disney at that time of year. It's always spring break for me and ny family. I cannot ever imagine paying for attractions the day of, let alone pay for them at all.

FP was available to everyone who had a parole ticket. The same people complaining they dont like FP, are the same ones who had the same perk and same ability to use ot and CHOOSE not to. Then complain they hate the standby. Lol. Makes mo sense to me.

Like I said, if I have to pay more money for the ability to ride what I want, for me I would be have to literally...WALK on to ANY ride, ANY time of the day I want end of discussion. I'd rather have nothing then to use the model of DLP. wiht no being able to mao out where what

As. Loke i said since WDW. As always beaten to it's own drum with a line system and FP has been rumored to change for a long time, I do not see this happening. I dont care if one of Chapeks family members said it, I'll believe this when I see it.

That being said, even I believe a change of FP is on the way and some type of paid form, but nothing dramatic like this. All I want it my 3 rides. I dont fare about being charged for more after.
Well if they do what they are doing in Paris what they are doing in China and than at WDW they are nuts. SoO we go from 3 fast pass where we can plan 30 to 60 days ahead to a system where you cant even use it until you are past the turnstiles and inside the park AND WE PAY FOR IT.

This is far worse than a paid FP, this is a paid hope you get one after you get in the park situation. You may be running all over the park. The way it explained on the China site is not very appealing at all.

dovetail65

Thanks for being so snarky. ☹️ I did a search and found nothing except the story from one site. Perhaps you could be tad more helpful and link a source?
I didnt mean to be snarky, I googled a few minutes ago it and it all over the UK news posts already. But even the link fro earlier said it was for sure, that was not a rumor, the rumor is for WDW.

havoc315

So basically you’re whole deal is because you had to wait in line for 10 minutes longer?

10 minutes longer x 8-10 standby lines = 80 to 100 minutes of additional time in standby lines.

Listen, like I said, this is not an issue. The FP+ system worked. When we went in May, with no FP system in place, lines were longer than ever. They did not move quickly.

They moved faster than with FP in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom