Haunted Mansion to Return with New Enhancements and Magic :(

Little Green Men

TDO doesn’t spend the money because they don’t want to and they’re cheap.

The DLR doesn’t have to do it. They don’t have to create new parades, new shows, food promotions, etc. Believe in Holiday Magic has got to be over 20 years-old. It took 10 years for them to replace Soundsational. If this were the case, why did they stop the AP-only events?

It’s been proven over and over again that Disney guests will flock the parks on either coast, no matter what.
I’m sure they don’t. But they have started doing overlays again with Jingle cruise

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It’s fun, brief, and has a low impact on the ride being meerly a smattering of decorations and a change in script.
The correct way to holiday overlay! A Dickensian Christmas Carol overlay to mansion would be a more welcomed treatment, IMHO. But Disney doesn't do understated. HMH feels like an entirely different attraction. Jingle Cruise doesn't.

DavidDL

I’m incredibly happy to hear Haunted Mansion Holiday is returning for 2021. I was worried I might miss it two years in a row and hadn’t planned on returning to the parks again this year without it being there. But now it looks like I’m about to plan at least one more visit before the year’s end!

I understand there are folks who don’t enjoy it and I can respect that. But for me, it is my absolute favorite Disney theme park experience across the board. -and it’s the attraction that single-handedly got me truly interested in everything about the parks. What I know about their history, who made them and why, and everything I’ve come to expect from them is all an indirect result of Jack Skellington taking over the Mansion every year. I know that sounds bizarre but it’s true.

Anyways, feel free to resume with the bashing. Just had to get my happy thoughts out there. If in the off chance anyone from Disney ever reads these messages; I love what happens to the Mansion during Holiday and as long as it’s a thing, you’ll find me in that 90 to 120 minute wait with a smile on my face.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’m incredibly happy to hear Haunted Mansion Holiday is returning for 2021. I was worried I might miss it two years in a row and hadn’t planned on returning to the parks again this year without it being there. But now it looks like I’m about to plan at least one more visit before the year’s end!

I understand there are folks who don’t enjoy it and I can respect that. But for me, it is my absolute favorite Disney theme park experience across the board. -and it’s the attraction that single-handedly got me truly interested in everything about the parks. What I know about their history, who made them and why, and everything I’ve come to expect from them is all an indirect result of Jack Skellington taking over the Mansion every year. I know that sounds bizarre but it’s true.

Anyways, feel free to resume with the bashing. Just had to get my happy thoughts out there. If in the off chance anyone from Disney ever reads these messages; I love what happens to the Mansion during Holiday and as long as it’s a thing, you’ll find me in that 90 to 120 minute wait with a smile on my face.

Did you previously go by a different username? I remember this take.

George Lucas on a Bench

Guess where I am? Not PYM Test Kitchen, that's for sure.

20210705_163013.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
It’s installed overnight. Like overlays at Space Mountain, Speedway, Mad Tea Party, and Pirates. Hell, the current Jungle Cruise updates are occurring with the ride open because they avoid actually closing classics like the plague.

Mad Tea Party and Pirates get overlays?

Stevek

I've always loved the overlay. The only issues I have is a) takes to long to set up/ride is down too long and b) it's up too early. I'd kick it off Mid/late October...heck, I'd even possibly wait until the week before Thanksgiving as a starting point and keep it a Christmas time exclusive and exclude Halloween.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom