FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I could see a VQ system with paid line jumping working out nicely if they set strict rules around how many VQs you can be in at once.

1625359386426.jpeg

Jrb1979

No I didn't.

I never said YOUR idea was too complex.
I said SOME ideas are too complex.
I think you're taking my opinions about what may or may not happen too personally.
Then the easiest thing to do is completely get rid of scheduled FP. Just make it like every other park. Charge high prices for it and you get in line whenever you want.

Jrb1979

I just said if that's what you think is easiest okay that's your theory. That's it.
Why are you trying to get into it for no reason with me?
Only cause of the way you replied to me. As if you're saying you don't agree.

This part is not towards you but it feels like all everyone wants back is FP+ only cause they knew how to exploit it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Only cause of the way you replied to me. As if you're saying you don't agree.

This part is not towards you but it feels like all everyone wants back is FP+ only cause they knew how to exploit it.

So what if I don't agree? Why does it matter? Your theory of what's best is your own.

I don't know what you mean by "exploit" FP+. Didn't seem like there was much of a way to do that.
Not like with legacy FP where people would "collect" and then use them all way outside of the windows.
Is it exploiting the system when you choose to use your first 3 FP+'s 10am-11am, 11am-12pm, and 12pm-1pm and then get another use it, get another use it etc???

Jrb1979

So what if I don't agree? Why does it matter? Your theory of what's best is your own.

I don't know what you mean by "exploit" FP+. Didn't seem like there was much of a way to do that.
Not like with legacy FP where people would "collect" and then use them all way outside of the windows.
Is it exploiting the system when you choose to use your first 3 FP+'s 10am-11am, 11am-12pm, and 12pm-1pm and then get another use it, get another use it etc???
Exploiting FP+ are the ones who constantly are on their phones all day refreshing for the next FP.

As far as not agreeing, it doesn't bother me. It's more you don't give a reason why you don't like it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Exploiting FP+ are the ones who constantly are on their phones all day refreshing for the next FP.

As far as not agreeing, it doesn't bother me. It's more you don't give a reason why you don't like it.

So it does bother you... I never even said that I do or don't agree. I just said so what if I don't.
Judging by your multitude of past posts on this thread I'm just gonna say lets leave it alone now because you seem to clap back a lot and my hands are tired.

G00fyDad

That is just ridiculous. So someone refreshing their phone to get a new fastpass is exploiting the system? You're acting like Disney forbids people from refreshing their phones to see if something new has popped up and people are just raging against the machine and being real sneaky and underhanded by hitting the refresh on their screen. If you ever get online and try to buy tickets that are going to sell out in seconds you better not refresh that screen over and over again until the very moment they go on sale. You'll be exploring the system! 🙄

mikejs78

Premium Member

Using the system as designed isn't exploiting it. Using a second magic band, or making fake hotel reservations or leading reservations to get an earlier booking window was exploiting it (and those loopholes were closed by Disney). Just because you don't like it it doesn't make it exploiting it.

Chi84

Premium Member
People have a tough time thinking outside their own experiences. If something doesn't work for them, they think it is wrong or gaming the system. The fact is that the FP+ system worked well for a whole lot of people - that's why it was implemented. But it may have left too many people standing in lines that were too long - and that's why it's being changed. Often the best system is one where no one is completely satisfied.

HairyChest

So are we thinking this is coming soon or for the 50th?

Because if this is based on increased capacity, arent we pretty up there already?

Reactions: 412

SoFloMagic

Because if this is based on increased capacity, arent we pretty up there already?
Magic kingdom felt like a normal June day yesterday, though I bet a lot of that was people hopping over in the evening. Without fastpass, the lines were very manageable. With this working so well for now I can't imagine they're really in a hurry on this.

Fido Chuckwagon

At this point I think it’s safe to say Disney doens’t care if all of their guests are standing in 90 minute lines for everything. The only reason they’ll bring back a line skip is to make more money, not because they care about guest satisfaction.

havoc315

At this point I think it’s safe to say Disney doens’t care if all of their guests are standing in 90 minute lines for everything. The only reason they’ll bring back a line skip is to make more money, not because they care about guest satisfaction.

The ONLY way to improve lines for all guests is to build more rides and add more capacity.

FP+ was mostly illusory. Outside of MK, the other 3 parks— it basically let you skip 1 line per day, while making all the standby lines 120 minutes instead of 90.

WDW does care about guest satisfaction — because it does contribute to profits. A satisfied guest isn’t just more likely to return to WDW, they are also more likely to buy DVC, take a Disney cruise, visit a different Disney resort, buy Disney merchandise, subscribe to Disney+.

But there is a strong argument that overall, the FP+ was more hurtful than helpful to overall guest satisfaction.

- The headache of having to plan most of your trip 60 days in advance
- Having to wake up early morning at the 60 day mark, and even then, getting locked out of FPs you wanted.
-Dealing with longer standby lines outside of your 1 Tier-1 FP.

They are absolutely right to completely re-visit HOW they do line skipping. The question is whether the new system is better or even worse for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom