FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrb1979

Not sure length of stay will be relevant. Assuming this pass system is much more limited than the FP+ system -- with the limit occurring by natural supply and demand pricing -- FPs likely won't "sell out."
In other words, it's not that there are only 2,000 FPs for Mine Train on Tuesday, and they all sell out....
More like at $xxx, the demand for Mine Train FPs is only ~2,000. Thus, you should typically be able to buy it the same day -- Just as Universal doesn't "run out" of Express Passes, they just raise the price in relation to demand.
That's completely different then other parks I have gone to. At Cedar Point there is many times when I've been there and by noon Fastlane is not available for purchase anymore.

pdude81

Not sure length of stay will be relevant. Assuming this pass system is much more limited than the FP+ system -- with the limit occurring by natural supply and demand pricing -- FPs likely won't "sell out."
In other words, it's not that there are only 2,000 FPs for Mine Train on Tuesday, and they all sell out....
More like at $xxx, the demand for Mine Train FPs is only ~2,000. Thus, you should typically be able to buy it the same day -- Just as Universal doesn't "run out" of Express Passes, they just raise the price in relation to demand.
Except in afew of the options they're are one or more free faspasses. Also Martin said start of reservation is one potential option bring tossed around. This is one potential forlength of stay factoring in.

Universal has a system for every queue all day, which even club 33 doesn't get in WDW. But if you mean $100 for a ride on the mine train and not for express pass, then I think that would be bad form for Disney to allow a price that high. They'd be better off running out early and selling less desirable rides. Then just bring back EMM in tandem later on.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Some ideas thrown around seem much too complicated for Disney's basic computer systems.
Packages and dynamic pricing worked fine for physical ticket books but I get the feeling Disney is going to "keep it simple stupid".

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
There’s also the possibility of a total overhaul of how guests queue for big attractions especially at peak times.

This is getting less appealing. More when I can.
Are VQs across major attractions still a secret? Even D’Amaro has hinted at it
13E97A7C-E7B1-4B58-A6A3-5CA4C4BFAAFA.jpeg

dreday3

Is a virtual queue different than trying for a boarding group everyday? Boarding groups run out, but a virtual queue would just mean instead of standing in line for two hours, you come back in two hours? Can you be in two queues at once? Can you ride other rides during the queue wait time?

I don't want a system where there's a chance I can't even wait in line for most of the big rides if we don't snag a wait time in a queue.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Is a virtual queue different than trying for a boarding group everyday? Boarding groups run out, but a virtual queue would just mean instead of standing in line for two hours, you come back in two hours? Can you be in two queues at once? Can you ride other rides during the queue wait time?

I don't want a system where there's a chance I can't even wait in line for most of the big rides if we don't snag a wait time in a queue.

Boarding group is a VQ...

dreday3

Combined with Genie telling you which queue to get into… maybe times when they basically say “queue currently full, come back later.”

That sounds awful. I don't want to have to hang around in a park all day to "maybe" get a chance to get in line to ride a ride.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
So then we'd all have to be up everyday at 7 am for every park to try for every big ride they decide to make a virtual queue?

Gosh, that sounds fun!

Personally I don't think that's how this is going to play out.
Everything on this thread is each person's own personal take on what might happen so you really need to take it all with a grain of salt.

Jrb1979

Everything on this thread is each person's own personal take on what might happen so you really need to take it all with a grain of salt.
How do you think it will play out? My thought has always been a system similar to Shanghai's where you pay per FP but letting resort guests get a few free ones.

dreday3

I hope that's not how it ends up.

I mean, I wouldn't exactly be going home with a "love it, have to go back asap" feeling if we weren't even able to get on Rat, Railway, Slinky Dog, whatever else the entire time we were there. More of a "what the heck did I just spend all that money on/not doing that again" feeling. 😂

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
How do you think it will play out? My thought has always been a system similar to Shanghai's where you pay per FP but letting resort guests get a few free ones.

Honestly I don't think we are going to see THAT much of a difference from FP+.
Maybe the booking dates will change, maybe they will charge for it, maybe it will be like maxpass, maybe it will all go back to pre covid. I don't really know. I just think some of the ideas tossed around on here are too complex to work well.
You need something streamlined

nickys

Premium Member
One of the things that was mildly annoying by the old FP system was having to select park and party each time. I get there’s a reason for that being an option, but couldn’t they just made an option for “select another FP for this party” and remember the park required. Instead of having to go though the menu again and then if you get you days backward in your mind and get the error message about selecting another park.
Well the point is that on the day the FP could be for another park. And you might have different people wanting different FPs. Hence why you had to choose your park and party.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I hope that's not how it ends up.

I mean, I wouldn't exactly be going home with a "love it, have to go back asap" feeling if we weren't even able to get on Rat, Railway, Slinky Dog, whatever else the entire time we were there. More of a "what the heck did I just spend all that money on/not doing that again" feeling. 😂

I do think VQ is a good idea for new E-ticket attractions especially if they have a low daily capacity. So yes I think its right for ROTR at the present time since it breaks down often and is still quite new.
But I think they opted to not have a VQ for MMRR because it has a high capacity.

nickys

Premium Member
Universal caps the Express Pass, or used to We arrived once at 4pm just to do WWOHP and thee was a sign up saying “No more Expess Passes today”.

dreday3

I do think VQ is a good idea for new E-ticket attractions especially if they have a low daily capacity. So yes I think its right for ROTR at the present time since it breaks down often and is still quite new.
But I think they opted to not have a VQ for MMRR because it has a high capacity.

If they did decide to do same as ROTR for other rides in other parks, I feel like they should get rid of daily park reservations? That way you can try for different rides in different parks each day?

I'm stressing myself out. Honestly, this is the first time I'm not very excited about my trip and it's been 4 years.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom