FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
So then we'd all have to be up everyday at 7 am for every park to try for every big ride they decide to make a virtual queue, and if boarding groups run out, you're out of luck, can't even attempt stand-by?

Gosh, that sounds fun!

Unless it works like Indiana Jones did in Disneyland.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If they did decide to do same as ROTR for other rides in other parks, I feel like they should get rid of daily park reservations? That way you can try for different rides in different parks each day?

I'm stressing myself out. Honestly, this is the first time I'm not very excited about my trip and it's been 4 years.
:D

Wait until something actually happens to be stressed and not excited.
I haven't been in 2 years and I have 2 trips booked this year and paid for flights for both already so I'm not backing out no matter what ends up happening and I'm not stressing about it.

Jrb1979

Honestly I don't think we are going to see THAT much of a difference from FP+.
Maybe the booking dates will change, maybe they will charge for it, maybe it will be like maxpass, maybe it will all go back to pre covid. I don't really know. I just think some of the ideas tossed around on here are too complex to work well.
You need something streamlined
It's not that complex to give resort guests 3 free ones and any after that you purchase on the app. It's pretty streamlined.

Jrb1979

You know this place, if somebody sees a crack in a pavement by the time a thread starts it's a sinkhole and the sky is falling in.
Why I have no problem if they switch to day of FP or make it paid. I prefer not pre planning out my days at theme parks.

Chi84

Premium Member
I just think some of the ideas tossed around on here are too complex to work well.
You need something streamlined
I agree 100%. I think whatever they choose has to be less complex than FP+ from a planning standpoint. And I don’t think anyone would be happy with a system that requires staring at a phone all day.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
There’s also the possibility of a total overhaul of how guests queue for big attractions especially at peak times.

This is getting less appealing. More when I can.
That’s what I’m afraid of. Disney is too focused on getting more money than up’ing the guest vacation experience and they are not immune to a public backfire if they aren’t careful in whatever they do here

Jrb1979

I agree 100%. I think whatever they choose has to be less complex than FP+ from a planning standpoint. And I don’t think anyone would be happy with a system that requires staring at a phone all day.
I would be fine with that. Like I've said before I am not a planner when it comes to theme parks. It's why I love systems like Universal's. No planning just jump in whatever ride you want when you want.

Chi84

Premium Member
I would be fine with that. Like I've said before I am not a planner when it comes to theme parks. It's why I love systems like Universal's. No planning just jump in whatever ride you want when you want.
I've heard that Universal's system wouldn't translate to WDW because Disney is so much bigger. I don't know for sure because I've never been to Universal. Isn't their system one where everyone in certain hotels gets the equivalent of FastPasses?

Jrb1979

I've heard that Universal's system wouldn't translate to WDW because Disney is so much bigger. I don't know for sure because I've never been to Universal. Isn't their system one where everyone in certain hotels gets the equivalent of FastPasses?
Yes but that's not the part I like. The part I like the best is not having to plan what attractions to ride ahead of time.

Chi84

Premium Member
Yes but that's not the part I like. The part I like the best is not having to plan what attractions to ride ahead of time.
Oh, okay. Yeah, we're the total opposite. We don't get to the parks until later (usually do water parks or pools in the mornings) and are just fine with going on only 3 rides a day as long as I know we can get the ones we want. I don't mind planning at all, but don't like having to stand in long lines for rides.

Jrb1979

Oh, okay. Yeah, we're the total opposite. We don't get to the parks until later (usually do water parks or pools in the mornings) and are just fine with going on only 3 rides a day as long as I know we can get the ones we want. I don't mind planning at all, but don't like having to stand in long lines for rides.
I would never pay that much money to enter a park to get only 3 rides. I'm an open to close person when I go to parks. I never go to any parks to enjoy the resort's. The only time I do anything at resorts is when the parks are closed.

MurphyJoe

It's not that complex to give resort guests 3 free ones and any after that you purchase on the app. It's pretty streamlined.

No one has mentioned this so I'm spitballin' possibilities, it also isn't complex to visitors providing quicker return groups in VQ based on their hotel category if staying on-site, off-site, AP, or DVC. "Save up to 2 hours daily in line by choosing a Deluxe resort. Save up to an hour daily when you book a Moderate resort. And Value resort guests can save up to 30 minutes in line each day." Or something.

Waters Back Side

I would be curious to know for the paid and free versions of the new system, if you will be allowed to go on Frozen and Remy the same day. Or SDD and MMRW on the same day. Or FOP and Navi, etc
Would this change only being able to ride the bigger attraction (tier 1) rides for the better?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Yes. The pay per FP is Shanghai's system pretty much. You said it probably wouldn't be like that cause it's too complex.

No I didn't.

I never said YOUR idea was too complex.
I said SOME ideas are too complex.
I think you're taking my opinions about what may or may not happen too personally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom