FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm anticipating high-volume attractions to be on the free tier. Things like theater shows and select omnimovers. Disney might also limit attractions by the time of day. For example, maybe there's free FP for The Haunted Mansion, but only after 6 pm.

In my ideal world... I think Disney could appease the most people by doing something like giving you the best you can get, but just limited use.

Example: What if Disney gave you an 'anytime FP' but you only got one per day in the free tier. This would appease the 'gotta have confidence we can do it' thing FP+ tried to promise. Then an expanded version gave you more FPs you could book per day but of the classic sense.

So everyone gets 1 golden ticket.. but your upsold audience gets that 1 golden ticket AND FPs.

This model kinda sucks though in that
1) attractions like RoTR still couldn't handle this
2) all that FP value of pushing people to using other attractions they may otherwise skip is lost the less FPs are out in the world. FP would become even more unused in many attractions.

I still think Disney will aim to keep it uber simple... paid just get more or earlier access... or maybe something like separate availability pools so a paid FP has more chance of getting one.

runnsally

With the lack of shows, parades, etc., seems like Disney has to have more people waiting in ride lines to keep them occupied. Perhaps waiting to unveil a new Line management system until lines are less β€œneeded”.

Goofyernmost

lets see, so far I have booked Movies resort for a week. Tickets to each park. I am into Disney for 2500. I haven't bought plane tickets yet. About 600 I am guessing. No dining, no Halloween tickets, (I refuse). so to sleep, and enter park, 2500. Over 3000 with plane. I am guess you have no idea what a poor person is. Most people save all year for a vacation to Disney at minimal cost. I am a mental health therapist and seek out services daily for poor people living off the government and food stamps. If you can afford to go to Disney you are not a poor person.
Not sure what that has to do with anything. You are making a non-argument. This isn't about poor and you are correct, if you can get there and don't live next door to it, you will spend a large chunk of money. I don't really understand your point.

Strictly, just for your information, I was 35 when I first went and spent a large part of my childhood jealous of those with families that could afford to go to Disneyland. Even when we did go the first time we had a very tight budget. We were not, and I still am not rich. But we went and had an experience that my children still remember clearly as do I. It was wonderful and there was no FP it was rich or less rich shared the same line.

With the raise in prices the poor have even a lesser chance of going, but if they can scrape together enough money they haven't been there enough to know the "tricks" to getting large numbers of FP's to make the day a little brighter. Now they have to watch people that paid the same money for a ticket breeze on by them while they stand stagnant in a barely moving line. Without FP of any form they are treated like the millionaires that might be 5 people behind them. That is also part of feeling good and enjoying yourself. I don't want FP at all, but if we have to have it, I want it to be a paid for commodity and a high priced one. Then if people that have the means can smugly cut in front of hundreds of people with big smiles on their faces. At least the rest of us will know that they are paying a whole lot more for the same experience that we are going to eventually get. Rich of poorer, we are all humans and thing should be fair and not always pointing to those that have a lot of disposable income. Disney lost it's focus many years ago shortly after Walt died and has only gotten worse. I may not live to see it, but it will someday come back to bite itself in the butt.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
With the lack of shows, parades, etc., seems like Disney has to have more people waiting in ride lines to keep them occupied. Perhaps waiting to unveil a new Line management system until lines are less β€œneeded”.
But this isn’t good for them because when folks are waiting in lines they aren’t spending money

jpinkc

LOL trust me Disney doesnt mind the long lines. As people waiting in one line shorten another either at an attraction or food service. The prices for food and drink are just the gravy for Disney for charging double or triple comparable hotels in the area charge for a one nite stay. Now that doesnt mean I dont like Disney Hotel offerings, but they are a premium! And yes I know its a huge beautiful property and it costs to keep it that way, but I still think they are overpriced. With no FP or any of the perks our next visit is going to be at the Swan in Nov, still pricey but cheaper than GF, Poly, Contemp, Wilderness or Boardwalk when we go. Oh Almost forgot QUEEN BEDS, I think this sold my wife more than anything LOL.

Last edited:

MJM

Not sure what that has to do with anything. You are making a non-argument. This isn't about poor and you are correct, if you can get there and don't live next door to it, you will spend a large chunk of money. I don't really understand your point.

Strictly, just for your information, I was 35 when I first went and spent a large part of my childhood jealous of those with families that could afford to go to Disneyland. Even when we did go the first time we had a very tight budget. We were not, and I still am not rich. But we went and had an experience that my children still remember clearly as do I. It was wonderful and there was no FP it was rich or less rich shared the same line.

With the raise in prices the poor have even a lesser chance of going, but if they can scrape together enough money they haven't been there enough to know the "tricks" to getting large numbers of FP's to make the day a little brighter. Now they have to watch people that paid the same money for a ticket breeze on by them while they stand stagnant in a barely moving line. Without FP of any form they are treated like the millionaires that might be 5 people behind them. That is also part of feeling good and enjoying yourself. I don't want FP at all, but if we have to have it, I want it to be a paid for commodity and a high priced one. Then if people that have the means can smugly cut in front of hundreds of people with big smiles on their faces. At least the rest of us will know that they are paying a whole lot more for the same experience that we are going to eventually get. Rich of poorer, we are all humans and thing should be fair and not always pointing to those that have a lot of disposable income. Disney lost it's focus many years ago shortly after Walt died and has only gotten worse. I may not live to see it, but it will someday come back to bite itself in the butt.
Oh for the love of God…here we go again with this same old nonsense. FP was β€œequal” and β€œfair”in every aspect because it was free! It wasn’t the rich family VIP line. Even the value resort guests were allotted the exact same FPs the deluxe resort guests were, even though deluxe resorts cost a heck of a lot more. So I paid for a deluxe resort- don’t see me going on and on about how I should’ve gotten more than 3 of the offered FPs because I paid more. So I don’t see how your argument makes any sense in how Disney now only caters to the rich in regard to FP. There was no trickery involved with FP- did you have to get up early to secure the major attractions? Yeah so what! That has nothing to do with rich or poor. Do you want a FP for Slinky Dog or not? It’s not about your annual income but about perseverance, determination, and will. Some people have that and some don’t. That’s what it all comes down to. Maybe you don’t like that that’s what it comes down to and that’s your right of course to dislike the process of FP but don’t make it into something it’s not. It’s obvious you don’t want it to return so that those of us who don’t mind waking up early to secure our FPs for our vacation don’t β€œsmugly” pass you by in the SB line anymore. But that’s not reality. Reality is that all the major amusement parks are offering a FP like system and it will return at Disney in some form like it or not. And I hope SOON

jpinkc

Just because you choose not to do something doesnt mean you cant. It can also be a matter of priority. If you can afford to go to Disney FP+ or not shouldnt be a judgement. It isnt a right to get it either. Disney will do whatever makes them the most cash with the least heat from the fanbase. If you dont like what they offer the only thing we can do is complain loud and long enough to maybe make them change. I also think it will be a Cold Day in Hell when Disney really listens to its Customers over the Wall Street mob. Walt is long gone and sometime I feel alot of his Ideals are gone as well.

lentesta

Premium Member
I think people have also forgotten just how busy a 6 or an 8 was Pre-Covid, especially since we all were probably expert level FP refreshers.

Len, I know you guys mentioned at one point pre-Covid that you were thinking about redoing your scale with how many 10s you had in Feb 2020; did that happen / is it in the works?

It's true - people are starting to forget what the wait times were pre-COVID.

We're hesitant to re-do the scale until we know what Disney's doing with FastPass/Genie/Access+/Lightning/Etc., and how that's going to affect standby waits. We still think the wait in line is the best metric to use.

bdearl41

In my ideal world... I think Disney could appease the most people by doing something like giving you the best you can get, but just limited use.

Example: What if Disney gave you an 'anytime FP' but you only got one per day in the free tier. This would appease the 'gotta have confidence we can do it' thing FP+ tried to promise. Then an expanded version gave you more FPs you could book per day but of the classic sense.

So everyone gets 1 golden ticket.. but your upsold audience gets that 1 golden ticket AND FPs.

This model kinda sucks though in that
1) attractions like RoTR still couldn't handle this
2) all that FP value of pushing people to using other attractions they may otherwise skip is lost the less FPs are out in the world. FP would become even more unused in many attractions.

I still think Disney will aim to keep it uber simple... paid just get more or earlier access... or maybe something like separate availability pools so a paid FP has more chance of getting one.
I think this is a really good idea. Probably means it won’t happen though. The interesting thing is really planning when to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom