Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think that’s part of it for sure. As more people get comfortable eating out and shopping again I think that swings back the other way though. Eventually there may not be enough orders to make ends meet once everyone goes back to full normal.

The other big issue is for some people they are making close to the same amount or more staying out on unemployment. The pandemic isn’t over so if I could stay home and stay safe vs going in to work for about the same pay I’d probably stay home. I drove yesterday from PA to NC and there are help wanted signs everywhere and many offering $500 to $1,000 in signing bonuses. It’s definitely a good market for job seekers.

Some places are cutting back hours due to the shortage. Just saw that Dorney Park is cutting back to 5 days a week. Have also seen some restaurants to this.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
There’s a word for that
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Animaniac93-98

As of now the land border is closed til July 22nd. From what I understand is you still need a negative test to enter the US and one to enter Canada.

It's 3 tests total for those travelling by air:

1) within 72 hours of departure to USA
2) within 72 hours of departure to Canada
3) upon arrival in Canada at airport, and you stay at home until you get a negative result.

#2 is the one that annoys me most because you have to stop your vacation and figure out where you can find a place to get a PCR test.

RobbinsDad

Daily dose of realism.

Not sure where Gottlieb is getting his data surrounding "substantial upsurges of infection"... https://usafacts.org/issues/coronavirus/, Click the 4 states he mentioned (Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi) and you see little change in the daily reported cases since early May.

The vaccination rates are abysmal in these states and I agree they are vulnerable to the Delta variant, but the new case rates don't seem to be reflecting this... yet.

Jrb1979

It's 3 tests total for those travelling by air:

1) within 72 hours of departure to USA
2) within 72 hours of departure to Canada
3) upon arrival in Canada at airport, and you stay at home until you get a negative result.

#2 is the one that annoys me most because you have to stop your vacation and figure out where you can find a place to get a PCR test.
And its why I have plan to travel outside of Canada til all of that is gone. It's really not worth all that aggravation. It's summer so there is lots to enjoy in this country

hopemax

Not sure where Gottlieb is getting his data surrounding "substantial upsurges of infection"... https://usafacts.org/issues/coronavirus/, Click the 4 states he mentioned (Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi) and you see little change in the daily reported cases since early May.

The vaccination rates are abysmal in these states and I agree they are vulnerable to the Delta variant, but the new case rates don't seem to be reflecting this... yet.
Same as how national stats can overpower trends in specific states, large cities in states can overpower trends in other areas.

You can look at data on a county level on the New York Times.

Missouri has two counties that over the last 2 weeks, where cases are up over 2000%. But these are small counties, so they went from 0 cases per day to 10, 15, 20, 30+ cases a day. For those counties, it is definitely a surge. Dozens of counties are at 100% or higher case increase. But two that aren't... St. Louis and Kansas City.

Same with Arkansas. 25 counties at 100% increases the two highest at over 1250%, but Little Rock and Fort Smith's counties are not.

Mississippi and Alabama don't look nearly as bad as those, but they have some counties that are at +1000% or +500%

seascape

Same as how national stats can overpower trends in specific states, large cities in states can overpower trends in other areas.

You can look at data on a county level on the New York Times.

Missouri has two counties that over the last 2 weeks, where cases are up over 2000%. But these are small counties, so they went from 0 cases per day to 10, 15, 20, 30+ cases a day. For those counties, it is definitely a surge. Dozens of counties are at 100% or higher case increase. But two that aren't... St. Louis and Kansas City.

Same with Arkansas. 25 counties at 100% increases the two highest at over 1250%, but Little Rock and Fort Smith's counties are not.

Mississippi and Alabama don't look nearly as bad as those, but they have some counties that are at +1000% or +500%
There have always been counties we ith large increases. However, the total number of cases are down. Deaths are down as are hospitalizations. There is only 1 state left that would qualify for travel restrictions and yhe majority of states have 4 or less cases per 100,000. Thanks to the governmentin partnership with Pharmaceutical Companies in 2020 we have the majority of the population with Covid19 immunity and the country getting back to normal.

sullyinMT

The article is regarding what fall could look like (modeling) if vaccinations stall or don’t pick up. It’s a kinder way to say what I tried to say a few weeks ago. These small towns and counties (population wise) might have to be motivated by fear in order to be vaccinated at a decent rate.

ABQ

There have always been counties we ith large increases. However, the total number of cases are down. Deaths are down as are hospitalizations. There is only 1 state left that would qualify for travel restrictions and yhe majority of states have 4 or less cases per 100,000. Thanks to the governmentin partnership with Pharmaceutical Companies in 2020 we have the majority of the population with Covid19 immunity and the country getting back to normal.
To me, the bold, is all that matters now that cases are where they are. If those don't spike, then I can't find a good reason to care if the cases are up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

To me, the bold, is all that matters now that cases are where they are. If those don't spike, then I can't find a good reason to care if the cases are up.
The danger is that when the weather doesn’t bail you out...and travel restrictions end...

those “ma freedom” areas won’t be vaccinated and it could be a real issue

and there won’t be many snowflake tears to put out the fire

ABQ

The danger is that when the weather doesn’t bail you out...and travel restrictions end...

those “ma freedom” areas won’t be vaccinated and it could be a real issue

and there won’t be many snowflake tears to put out the fire
I'm not at all saying that cannot occur nor am I saying that it would will not matter, but I am saying that if hospitalizations and or deaths due to covid do not increase, that it means nothing. If you are vaccinated and you find yourself in contact with someone from those areas who is not, then what's the big deal?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not at all saying that cannot occur nor am I saying that it would will not matter, but I am saying that if hospitalizations and or deaths due to covid do not increase, that it means nothing. If you are vaccinated and you find yourself in contact with someone from those areas who is not, then what's the big deal?
Granted...

but this is a variation of the same
Root problem
We’ve had all along...

what is the best possible course of action??

Nike...”just do it”

why risk anything? Why take the chance?

the reason is old ingrained hatred, economics and the ramblings of a fool. That is it. All other “objections” are really crap at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom