Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Is "Puffin" in this instance a nickname for one of the passengers; slang for a heavy person and subtle WDI dig at guests that bottom out the boats causing them to sink? Is that the joke?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is "Puffin" in this instance a nickname for one of the passengers; slang for a heavy person and subtle WDI dig at guests that bottom out the boats causing them to sink? Is that the joke?

Siobhan “Puffin” Murphy

Growing up in the seaside town of Dingle, Ireland, Siobhan“Puffin” Murphy developed an affinity for the puffin penguins that nest in the rocks there. Her longtime dream of seeing the birds of the jungle firsthand inspired her to visit her distant cousin Alberta — but also quite possibly led her to get the whole group in a spot of trouble.​
“While there are many divergent opinions as to the inciting events that led everyone to their current predicament up on the pole,” explained Tubert, “many believe that it was Puffin’s love of exotic birds that drove Skipper Felix to get a little too close to an oxpecker perched on a particularly grumpy hippo.”​

Bocabear

So...for the reimagining we have a gift shop, a re-cast version of the original gag with the rhino, a crashed boat full of chimps with junk floating in the water, and a sunken half of a boat with junk floating in the water... What is the next scene? and will it include more junk floating in the water? Chimps? a Gift Shop?
None of this feels very original so far.... Waiting for the wow moment

Walt d

b00d55b6a305db86472a233cac934112_lemongrab-unacceptable-meme-memesuper-lemon-grab-unacceptable-meme_321-309.jpeg
Mmm.. needs water skis..

Stupido

So...for the reimagining we have a gift shop, a re-cast version of the original gag with the rhino, a crashed boat full of chimps with junk floating in the water, and a sunken half of a boat with junk floating in the water... What is the next scene? and will it include more junk floating in the water? Chimps? a Gift Shop?
I'm pretty sure it's only one sunken boat moment. they just added more props to the scene, insinuating that the hippos are responsible for the crashed boat? this is actually pretty cool, cause hippos are one of the leading species of animals responsible for human deaths.

And on top of that, they're refreshing the narrative and updating it for today's standards. I'm not sure there needs to be a wow moment. The wow moment will always be the interaction with the skipper and the jokes.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

Siobhan “Puffin” Murphy

Growing up in the seaside town of Dingle, Ireland, Siobhan“Puffin” Murphy developed an affinity for the puffin penguins that nest in the rocks there. Her longtime dream of seeing the birds of the jungle firsthand inspired her to visit her distant cousin Alberta — but also quite possibly led her to get the whole group in a spot of trouble.​
“While there are many divergent opinions as to the inciting events that led everyone to their current predicament up on the pole,” explained Tubert, “many believe that it was Puffin’s love of exotic birds that drove Skipper Felix to get a little too close to an oxpecker perched on a particularly grumpy hippo.”​

Now THAT'S backstory!

TikibirdLand

Isn't there two gift shops now? One to replace Trader Sam and the other where the canoes are (where they removed the skulls)...

JoeCamel

Went on the JC yesterday and absolutely loved it! The skipper was amazing, and everything they have added so far looks great!

I’m not sure if they made adjustments to the script, but I did hear lines I’ve never heard before. Had a really great time on a ride I’m usually meh about and it’s still mid transformation!
Did the boat sink?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Off topic but I worked for cedar fair at Canada’s Wonderland, mostly at Behemoth, but was cross trained on former Top Gun as well (now flight deck). It was 10 years ago now but I remember that there was always stress revolving around the load platform lowering and raising and id you needed to release one persons seat belt you had to recheck ALL the seatbelts. I preferred behemoth lol
Behemoth is my favourite coaster! Front row, hands all the way up, all the way through. Also, none of that screaming like a girl.

You’d think Behemoth’s B&M sister Leviathan, being steeper and higher, would be better, but it’s really not.

Haven’t ridden Yukon Striker yet as I was recovering from a broken leg in 2019 when it opened, and 2020 … well, you know ….

Top Gun/Flight Deck gives me a massive headache, but I can ride Behemoth all day long - and have.

castlecake2.0

Behemoth is my favourite coaster! Front row, hands all the way up, all the way through. Also, none of that screaming like a girl.

You’d think Behemoth’s B&M sister Leviathan, being steeper and higher, would be better, but it’s really not.

Haven’t ridden Yukon Striker yet as I was recovering from a broken leg in 2019 when it opened, and 2020 … well, you know ….

Top Gun/Flight Deck gives me a massive headache, but I can ride Behemoth all day long - and have.
I haven’t done any of the newer stuff, the last time I was at wonderland was my last shift in 2011 lol. I was only there a few months as something to do as I had a few month gap between working for DCL and Epcot. They wanted me to stay but I said no way! Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom