Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Does anyone know if the book that was being written about the ride and the movie is still being released? I haven’t heard a thing about it since the movie got pushed back last year. I hope that the remodel didn’t mess with their plans to release it. I was really looking foreword to reading that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does anyone know if the book that was being written about the ride and the movie is still being released? I haven’t heard a thing about it since the movie got pushed back last year. I hope that the remodel didn’t mess with their plans to release it. I was really looking foreword to reading that.
Still a go. The release date is currently July 30th, 2021.

DCBaker

Premium Member
2021-jungle-cruise-trader-sams-3-1536x864.jpeg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The animators who created the JC left behind a lot of sketches for gags in the same vein as those that once populated the ride. The carnivorous plants in the backpack of one of the explorers trapped on the pole seems to gesture towards one of these gags. Why not create a carnivorous plant scene instead of a miniscule Easter egg? Why not try to capture the spirit of the original art?
Because this is the Jungle Cruise, not The Little Cruise of Horrors.

Although, as an IP, they could certainly use the music to good advantage...

Touchdown

Riding The Beast in the pitch black of night is as close to a religious experience as most of us will ever get. Sheer perfection.
Best night ride in any park I’ve visited, it’s why the Beast is still my #1 wood. Only ride that ever approached its epic night ride status was the Big Bad Wolf (may it Rest In Pieces.)

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Not sure I'm loving the execution of some of these set pieces.

In this case, particularly the Cruise Photo sign just looks too professional. With this and the fish restaurant, it's beginning to look a little too much like a cruise through an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean.

An overreliance on signage, often anachronistic accompanied by floating "crates of mystery" and props scattered everywhere in an effort to make the scenes visually interesting. A successful "instagrammable moment" but a complete failure if the goal was to create a compelling scene replacement that has the same tone and character of the classic attraction.

Save for the sunken boat and the "Trapped Safari" retcon, this overhaul has been a bit of a mess.

Bocabear

underwhelming... The schtick wasn't very funny, the visuals were not an improvement and the Lost and Found scene plays completely unremarkable. If this were your first trip on the Jungle Cruise you would probably be wondering why you wasted your time.
Maybe it was just the filming...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom