Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Parker in NYC

Yeah, but in the big picture they deserved to be ragged on. Don't take it too personally and don't let it eat you alive and still laugh about it. It is becoming pretty obvious and as much as I love theme parks and am frustrated with one company's major change in direction, there are so many other themed entertainment companies doing things better. We are just in another slump and the average guest starts to notice the difference. Then comes good changes.
You have much more faith in the average guest than I do.

Skywise

It is partially on my mind because I am leaving soon for my first trip ever to King's Island and Cedar Point on a big Ohio trip. Taking my wife and kids. All of our first time going to Cedar Fair Parks period. Full disclosure. I have not seen but skimming points and only a couple of that attraction, because I want to go into it blindly. So happy more family and theming are returning to there as I am a bit familiar with the history of teh park.
At Kings Island you'll want to ride the Beast at least once during the day - But you MUST (to get the full experience) ride the Beast just before close in the dark of night (last hour - but as close to the last ride as possible) - In addition to the ride feeling like it behaves differently (some say the brakes are loosened up and they let the cars run faster - plus the track is almost pitch black in places) the audience in line is a whole different feel of diehard riders who egg the riders on.

Castle Cake Apologist

At Kings Island you'll want to ride the Beast at least once during the day - But you MUST (to get the full experience) ride the Beast just before close in the dark of night (last hour - but as close to the last ride as possible) - In addition to the ride feeling like it behaves differently (some say the brakes are loosened up and they let the cars run faster - plus the track is almost pitch black in places) the audience in line is a whole different feel of diehard riders who egg the riders on.

Riding The Beast in the pitch black of night is as close to a religious experience as most of us will ever get. Sheer perfection.

Animaniac93-98

Speaking of Tokyo Disneyland, after re-watching a video of their updated ride it looks like while they kept the natives, the cannibal angle was dropped. The skulls that lined the roof of the pavilion are gone as are the ones that were stacked on the boats. They still "attack" you, but it's more like because they see you as a threat and not another meal. Like how Trader Sam there no longer holds shrunken heads, it was another way to soften their depiction. It's likely most would have seen that as a half-hearted measure if done Stateside vs the wholesale replacement that was chosen.

I think I prefer the Native dance/attack scene if only because of the elaborate costume and set design and the fact that it's clearly distinct from the other vignettes in the ride, event though I understand why people think it's cringe. The monkeys on the boat/boxes are fine, but a bit repetitive after the similar scene involving the camp earlier.

Speaking of Tokyo Disneyland, after re-watching a video of their updated ride it looks like while they kept the natives, the cannibal angle was dropped. The skulls that lined the roof of the pavilion are gone as are the ones that were stacked on the boats. They still "attack" you, but it's more like because they see you as a threat and not another meal. Like how Trader Sam there no longer holds shrunken heads, it was another way to soften their depiction. It's likely most would have seen that as a half-hearted measure if done Stateside vs the wholesale replacement that was chosen.

I think I prefer the Native dance/attack scene if only because of the elaborate costume and set design and the fact that it's clearly distinct from the other vignettes in the ride, event though I understand why people think it's cringe. The monkeys on the boat/boxes are fine, but a bit repetitive after the similar scene involving the camp earlier.
Though I do wanna point out that chimps and gorillas are found sometimes in the same rainforests of Africa

celluloid

Ok, but DCA was a collective disaster. Magic Kingdom (an established park since 1971) won't, pardon the pun, sink or swim based on one attraction or even two.
Changing the argument. No one said it would weigh the entire park down. But many self serving things have been scrapped in MK before or deemed a fail. If the JC changes are not lucrative or received well, the guests will ultimately be the deciding factor.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Lucrative? you have already bought a ticket... It is included with admission...
If people complain a lot will be more of the guide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom