Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

jt04

Sight lines are quite obviously of little concern anymore around Disney…

Take a look at the mistake on the lake… the tacos and stargate monstrosity anchored permanently in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon…

That was kind of the problem with Illuminations barges too. Except they was too small for the scale of the lagoon but not so small that it was unnoticeable. I'm waiting for the new fireworks show to draw any conclusions. 🎇🎆

jt04

Apart from it wasn’t. If you remember that far back.

You’re on a roll today.

I did always find the barges a hindrance of the sightlines. So if something has to be there why not make it worth the trouble and make a spectacle worth the sacrafice? If the show is a dud then that's a different story. 🎆

Little Green Men

The canopy was the real blocker there. Never did like that. But, you do have to admit how open it was. Loved coming up on FoN and watching it dance. From that vantage point, there were so many possibilities! Don't get me wrong. Disney TOTALLY messed up Comunicore and Innoventions by not keeping them fresh and relevant. Even so, the hub area felt like The Future. I think it was a cop-out to pull down that building and add JoW. They could have used the building for a great dark ride. Or, it could have been used for the event center.

That's all gone now.
It was also a big bottleneck with clogged pathways

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I liked the canopies, probably because I don’t remember them not being there (I was there before them, just don’t recall that space), but I enjoyed the patterns they made on the concrete, and they always said Epcot to me.

It wasn’t until I joined this site that I realized that my enjoyment of them wasn’t universally held.

UNCgolf

I liked the canopies, probably because I don’t remember them not being there (I was there before them, just don’t recall that space), but I enjoyed the patterns they made on the concrete, and they always said Epcot to me.

It wasn’t until I joined this site that I realized that my enjoyment of them wasn’t universally held.

Well, part of the issue is that it wasn't just a giant piece of concrete before the canopy was there.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I did always find the barges a hindrance of the sightlines. So if something has to be there why not make it worth the trouble and make a spectacle worth the sacrafice? If the show is a dud then that's a different story. 🎆

You are really grasping at straws now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom