The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Figments Friend

I would like to think there will be some type of small scale 'ceremony' on October 1st at the MK to honor the actual 50th Anniversary.
The 'kickoff' should be something to at least get the bloggers talking....and get the coveted social media abuzz with 'free promotion'.

I also would like to think some well respected and well known 'Disney celebrities' will be present at MK on October 1st.
I can immediately think of TWO gents who i am fairly certain will be there in the crowd that morning....and NO, i am NOT talking about the Two Bobs !

It will truly be a large scale disappointment if nothing happens.....other then special 'day of Event' cupcakes and maybe a special Guide Map.

What are everyones' thoughts ...?
Expect something? Don't expect much?

Hopefully a bit more then just Bob Chapek showing up with a mic and saying - "Hey, today is the 50th! What a swell milestone!"
Kinda like that 're-opening ceremony' that happened for Disneyland a few weeks ago....
( talk about a disappointment.....)

-

Chomama

I would like to think there will be some type of small scale 'ceremony' on October 1st at the MK to honor the actual 50th Anniversary.
The 'kickoff' should be something to at least get the bloggers talking....and get the coveted social media abuzz with 'free promotion'.

I also would like to think some well respected and well known 'Disney celebrities' will be present at MK on October 1st.
I can immediately think of TWO gents who i am fairly certain will be there in the crowd that morning....and NO, i am NOT talking about the Two Bobs !

It will truly be a large scale disappointment if nothing happens.....other then special 'day of Event' cupcakes and maybe a special Guide Map.

What are everyones' thoughts ...?
Expect something? Don't expect much?

Hopefully a bit more then just Bob Chapek showing up with a mic and saying - "Hey, today is the 50th! What a swell milestone!"
Kinda like that 're-opening ceremony' that happened for Disneyland a few weeks ago....
( talk about a disappointment.....)

-
Stamos and NPH? They wouldn’t miss it

jrhwdw

I wonder if tomorrow's commercial might reveal the anniversary theme song?
Any chance this plays during GMA tomorrow morning? Or is it strictly theaters and no one can put it online?

From the pic and the article it doesn't look like Fireworks are featured? Yes I realize no date for anything yet, but should we be concerned?

brb1006

Another teaser for the 50th Anniversary commercial.
img_5653-1536x877.jpg

brb1006

I’m a little concerned that they’ve only be advertising Mickey & Minnie in the “EARidescent” costumes. It’s unlike Disney to only given the two of them anniversary/celebrating outfits and not the rest of the fab 5
They might show off the Fab 5's 50th Anniversary costumes in later commercials and advertisements. I do wish they took the approach that Disneyland Paris did for it's 25th Anniversary where almost every Disney Character were dressed in anniversary attire.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the commercial -

"As we get ready for the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, we’re sharing a first look at a magical, new commercial that calls you to the upcoming celebration and features hidden Easter egg surprises for eagle-eyed Disney fans!

In the commercial, Disney magic lives in a secret room tucked away inside Cinderella Castle. There’s so much magic in this room, it can’t be contained and is ready to burst through! Along with an EARidescent magic-filled “50th Anniversary” cabinet, this special room also contains a variety of artifacts from beloved Disney stories, characters and attractions.

See if you can find Cinderella’s glass slipper, the Enchanted Rose from “Beauty and the Beast” and 16 other Easter eggs here: "

jrhwdw

Here is the commercial -

"As we get ready for the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, we’re sharing a first look at a magical, new commercial that calls you to the upcoming celebration and features hidden Easter egg surprises for eagle-eyed Disney fans!

In the commercial, Disney magic lives in a secret room tucked away inside Cinderella Castle. There’s so much magic in this room, it can’t be contained and is ready to burst through! Along with an EARidescent magic-filled “50th Anniversary” cabinet, this special room also contains a variety of artifacts from beloved Disney stories, characters and attractions.

See if you can find Cinderella’s glass slipper, the Enchanted Rose from “Beauty and the Beast” and 16 other Easter eggs here: "

Looks pretty and good. No masks. The commercial looks like a trailer when a movie is first announced with the full trailer coming later.

Looks like the trees on Main Street are getting Projections too?

dreday3

Here is the commercial -

Great commercial!!! I can't wait to go! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom