The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

brb1006

Here is the commercial -

"As we get ready for the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, we’re sharing a first look at a magical, new commercial that calls you to the upcoming celebration and features hidden Easter egg surprises for eagle-eyed Disney fans!

In the commercial, Disney magic lives in a secret room tucked away inside Cinderella Castle. There’s so much magic in this room, it can’t be contained and is ready to burst through! Along with an EARidescent magic-filled “50th Anniversary” cabinet, this special room also contains a variety of artifacts from beloved Disney stories, characters and attractions.

See if you can find Cinderella’s glass slipper, the Enchanted Rose from “Beauty and the Beast” and 16 other Easter eggs here: "

Getting vibes from the first commercial for Animal Kingdom.

brb1006

Maybe instead of paying for a beautiful and lavishly produced commercial to draw people to the 50th (and it is beautiful, I agree), Disney could spend money to ensure that there are enough hotel rooms for those guests to stay in, restaurants for them to dine in, live shows for them to see, more than one new attraction for them to experience, and a full slate of amenities (hotel rooms with actual housekeeping, an Epcot monorail that runs, park hours that extend beyond dinnertime, reintroduction of touring perks for onsite guests comparable to EMH and Fastpasses). Instead, I worry that "pretty lights on the weenies" - which is all this commercial promises - is all that the guests are going to get.

I pray my skepticism will be proven 100% wrong... ;)
And an anniversary parade.

brb1006

I was wondering why they were showing a beacon of light coming out of a city...WDW is not in a city... I don't get it...
This isn't the first time they did that thought, I remember one ad from the late 90s and early 2000s had MK located miles away from a child's backyard.

brb1006

I am very meh on this.

I know we are not getting a lot of substance for this celebration. So, okay fine. Now let's play into the nostalgia. Play into old WDW. Show a kid at MK in the 70s now returning with grandkids or something. 80s Epcot, 90s MGM. Show the past and bring it home with the current/future.
For example, the 25th Anniversary ads focused on longtime visitors. Such as commercials showing home video footage which would cut to "then" present day (set to "Remember The Magic").

Or commercials focused on the child at heart or a family discussing their plans for their trip to Walt Disney World.

While I'm looking forward to more 50th Anniversary ads. I'm having a feeling they might lack the charm as the ones from 1996 till 1997.

brb1006

When you are talking about millions being spent for paid advertising and billboards... It seems unnecessary when they are budget-cutting on the attractions people are actually going to the parks to see...
We could have built a spectacular new attraction, but instead you are getting this great commercial and Billboards...Yay!
What about the 25th anniversary advertisements that were everywhere back in the day?

Rteetz

For example, the 25th Anniversary ads focused on longtime visitors. Such as commercials showing home video footage which would cut to "then" present day (set to "Remember The Magic").

Or commercials focused on the child at heart or a family discussing their plans for their trip to Walt Disney World.

While I'm looking forward to more 50th Anniversary ads. I'm having a feeling they might lack the charm as the ones from 1996 till 1997.

Those are great!

The_Jobu

I was at the 25th and was looking forward to the 50th as soon as I got home. I doubt the 50th will be on par with the 25th unfortunately.

Parker in NYC

I can't wait to buy my anniversary cupcake in a Disney Parks napkin. What special occasion.
Don't forget the matching ears. One for each light on Spaceship Earth (collect 'em all). Or, why not the new wishables set, each pouch contains one letter/number from W-a-l-t-D-i-s-n-e-y-W-o-r-l-d-5-0-t-h-C-e-l-e-b-r-a-t-i-o-n. All letters are uniquely themed to an attraction, so no repeats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom