Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

This undersells though the impact of that vaccinations have on transmission reduction. The herd is always more impactful than the individual.

The most effective way to reduce COVID deaths (and morbidity) is preventing total COVID transmission. The best way to do that is for everyone to stop transmitting it by getting vaccinated.

We will know the time is right to pull back when numbers decline consistently *as they currently are in much of the US. If young people really want to get back to normal, they need to equally do their part.
My daughter is 15. They won’t allow her to get vaccinated until Thursday when I asked. I guess what’s a few more days at this point.

Polkadotdress

Asking/requiring masks be put on indoors - say for rides or in the common areas of a hotel is the easiest part of mask enforcement.
So says the person who’s likely never been tasked with mask enforcement to the general public.

Overall, I feel safe. But it is smart and rational to be aware of risks and to face reality, not a made up pollyana reality, but face facts: breakthrough infections happen. Being high risk, I have to be a little more concerned about that than someone who isn't.
So some of you folks stress about wearing masks, and I think that's ridiculous. I stress about dying from a virus, and you think that's ridiculous. I'll take it.
Yes, this!

Last edited:

drizgirl

I think you have misunderstood or I’ve liked when I should have angried!

The people who have died are obviously missed and a tragedy, irrespective of age. I thought that the ones who were not missed were the people on the forum who said “It’s only old people who are in danger, take care of them and let me live my life.”

Apologies if I’m wrong!
The dynamic of all of that is changed. Older people have had access to the vaccine for many months now.
is it “national misreading day”??
No but I think it might be “answering sarcasm with sarcasm day”. And you totally missed it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ABQ

DisneyDebRob

But Covid spread would be decreased if the gondolas had air conditioning, right?
I’m assuming your being sarcastic here? 🙂 I’ve been taught not to assume things so I’m asking.
As long as they keep the one family per gondola for the rest of my life I’m happy. The difference of being crammed in with sometimes nice..sometimes very sweaty people.. and having your own is a world of difference.

Turtlekrawl

“Far less likely” doesn’t even begin to describe this.
Good article. To sum up:

-The risk of breakthrough cases is very low, but not zero.
-The risk of a severe breakthrough case is even lower, but not zero.
-We may need a booster

Likely an undercount. I personally know 5 people who have had (mild) breakthrough cases, and I’m not that popular 🙂. But even if an undercount, I think it’s pretty cool how the numbers are still in line with what we should expect to see based on advertised efficacy of mRNA vax (95ish%, not 100%).

Given the risk will not go all the way to zero anytime soon, I fully expect and am totally cool with some people wearing a masks for years to come, maybe indefinitely. Some people are extra cautious. It seemed a bit excessive to me to watch my sons 16yo tennis opponent wear a mask last weekend while outside in 30+mph wind, but hey, he’s not hurting anything.

Mask mandates will go away, but personal choice will remain.

Touchdown

I can’t believe how many Americans can’t do a simple 3 step logic puzzle.

1. Restrictions will be reduced when Covid cases fall.* (This has always been true since March 2020 and had been the basis of public health from the beginning)

2. The best tool we have to reduce cases in this country is to vaccinate as much and as quickly as possible.

3. If I want restrictions to end I should get vaccinated ASAP.

It’s not hard, it’s not complex, it’s elementary school level. However, a certain population seems incapable of being able to make this simple conclusion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can’t believe how many Americans can’t do a simple 3 step logic puzzle.

1. Restrictions will be reduced when Covid cases fall.* (This has always been true since March 2020 and had been the basis of public health from the beginning)

2. The best tool we have to reduce cases in this country is to vaccinate as much and as quickly as possible.

3. If I want restrictions to end I should get vaccinated ASAP.

It’s not hard, it’s not complex, it’s elementary school level. However, a certain population seems incapable of being able to make this simple conclusion.

...cause nobody gonna tell me
What to do!!! 😡

keep ya damn government hands off my Medicare!!

ParentsOf4

Given the risk will not go all the way to zero anytime soon, I fully expect and am totally cool with some people wearing a masks for years to come, maybe indefinitely. Some people are extra cautious. It seemed a bit excessive to me to watch my sons 16yo tennis opponent wear a mask last weekend while outside in 30+mph wind, but hey, he’s not hurting anything.

Mask mandates will go away, but personal choice will remain.
There are benefits to masks. Even in a post-COVID world, all of us need to respect those who choose to wear them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are benefits to masks. Even in a post-COVID world, all of us need to respect those who choose to wear them.

it’s not the masks that I really advocate...it’s the distance. Sardine mentality is abnormal.

that’s not “socialization”...it’s just overpopuation/crowding
If people are more hesitant to try and stand in my shield perimeter?...that’s change I can believe in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom