Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusAranX

Mulling it on today, I think a good (voluntary of course) system would be a liability waiver of sorts, except you’re accepting liability.

For Disney, here’s how it would work:

when purchasing a ticket, whether single day or park hopper, or booking a resort, and so on, a check box would appear:

“By checking this box YES I certify:

a. I and all members of my party am fully vaccinated and
B. I allow Disney to transfer my name, address, and phone number of all members of my party to the state of Florida contact tracing should an case or outbreak of COVID 19 occur
C. I hereby give permission for said team to contact me and or members of my party to request testing
D. Should I have lied on this checkbox about my vaccination status, I open myself to legal liability of lawsuits from, but not limited to, infected cast members, infected park goers, and other guests of WDW who were determined by contact tracing to be in contact with me.
By checking this box NO I certify:

a. Disney assumes no liability for me or or members of our party should we contract COVID-19
b. Our names, addresses, and listed phone numbers will be automatically transferred to our database for priority contacting by the state of FL for purposes of contact tracing and requests to undergo COVID-19 testing, should a case of COVID=19 be reported in Walt Disney World.
c. I assume all legal and criminal liabilities, as this checkbox invokes a terms of agreement with WDW Company

Do I know the legal ramifications or if this is allowed? Not sure. But I feel like the threat of a lawsuits by private parties would be enough to scare people from lying. No need for passport. Just know if you lie, test positive, and it’s discovered. You could be sued. Maybe if its reworded. Basically, I feel most people would be honest. And the few that aren't; one lawsuit or criminal neglect charge will be enough to dissuade the diehards.

Even if the contact tracers can't get the person to get tested, a good lawyer representing a client could subpoena these records and investigate. again, it's more of "threat of" approach then actual "nail them to the wall" approach.

Last edited:

ParentsOf4

An important milestone, the CDC reports that 80% of those 65 or over have received at least one shot.

COVID.jpg

LovePop

I updated my covid death rate by age chart to see senior numbers better:

Capture.PNG

Basically, the numbers look dramatically worse the older a person gets, and it's much more worth it for older people to get the vaccine than younger people, being that 80% of those died from covid are over 65. What's more, this is likely true every year from now on, with the odds getting worse the older a person gets. And if a person starts getting the vaccine, they should likely need to be diligent about getting it every year, just like the flu shot. And, maybe a person should get the flu shot too, if they are going to get the covid vaccine anyway.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I updated my covid death rate by age chart to see senior numbers better:

View attachment 549191
Basically, the numbers look dramatically worse the older a person gets, and it's much more worth it for older people to get the vaccine than younger people, being that 80% of those died from covid are over 65. What's more, this is likely true every year from now on, with the odds getting worse the older a person gets. And if a person starts getting the vaccine, they should likely need to be diligent about getting it every year, just like the flu shot. And, maybe a person should get the flu shot too, if they are going to get the covid vaccine anyway.
Don’t be surprised if your flu shot is an mRNA one in the not too distant future. When Pfizer and BioNTech first partnered it was to develop an mRNA based flu shot that could be manufactured much faster and cheaper than the traditional flu shots. This would allow them to start manufacturing many months later into the Summer and have a much better chance of picking the right strands of flu to add to each year’s vaccine. They obviously switched gears quickly when Covid hit, but now that the technology was proven it should make other mRNA based vaccines easier to get through testing and trials.

Chi84

Premium Member
The data now shows clearly that those who are vaccinated are protected not only from symptoms, but from catching and spreading it as well. Three major studies so far have shown the same thing. Unfortunately, the messaging on this is absolutely horrible but, no, you don't generally have to worry about a vaccinated person catching or spreading Covid.
I don’t know if anyone has posted this yet. CDC report from today says that 0.008% of fully vaccinated people have been infected with COVID. Their takeaway from this is that the number is a reminder that vaccinated people are at risk and should continue to take precautions. It’s worrying to consider what number will be acceptable to the CDC in order to loosen restrictions on vaccinated people.

disneygeek90

I don’t know if anyone has posted this yet. CDC report from today says that 0.008% of fully vaccinated people have been infected with COVID. Their takeaway from this is that the number is a reminder that vaccinated people are at risk and should continue to take precautions. It’s worrying to consider what number will be acceptable to the CDC in order to loosen restrictions on vaccinated people.
But they almost definitely will A. Not die B. Not be hospitalized and C. Not have a super severe case.

Sorry but idk how I’m supposed to maintain concern for literal years when I have a .008% of getting covid post vaccine and a probable .000000001 chance of dying from it.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don’t think vaccinated people have to wear a mask because of the small risk that they can get infected. They still have to wear masks because there’s no practical way to differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccinated so we assume everyone in public spaces is unvaccinated and everyone wears a mask.

that is major problem in my opinion because no one knows where the line is going to be drawn and those of us that are vaccinated are going to have to be restricted of normal life because of others who don’t get vaccinated.

take Disney as an example - most of us would love to see it back to normal...but when will it be? There will always be a risk so when does life become normal again or does it not

Tom P.

Their takeaway from that data is total and complete garbage. And I'll stop there for fear of running afoul of the no politics rule.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
There will always be a risk. At some point we have to get back to normal. People are getting tired of being held back because of those who won’t get vaccinated and all the doom and gloom we see in the news (like people that get the shot may get covid so we should just masks and hide forever?). There’s a risk of riding a Disney bus to the park or riding a roller coaster etc. as well but I’ll take the risk and it’s my decision.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
that is major problem in my opinion because no one knows where the line is going to be drawn and those of us that are vaccinated are going to have to be restricted of normal life because of others who don’t get vaccinated.

take Disney as an example - most of us would love to see it back to normal...but when will it be? There will always be a risk so when does life become normal again or does it not
I don’t see an issue. We just aren’t there yet. No use worrying about a “what if” that hasn’t happened yet. If the government says we can never return to normal then the government will be replaced. We all get a vote, even in Georgia...just bring your own bottle of water ;););)

I’m vaccinated so I don’t need to wear a mask, but I understand why they aren’t just removing all public restrictions yet. If we reach the point where the vast majority of people are vaccinated and community spread is way down I’m confident the restrictions will be gone. For Disney all of the CMs haven‘t had a chance to be vaccinated yet. If they just removed all the Covid rules including masks to appeal to the vaccinated in society they would be putting some of their own workers at risk. Once everyone has had the chance to be vaccinated then that’s not an issue anymore. Those workers will be deciding to take their own risk. It’s a month or 2 before we can officially say anyone who wanted the vaccine had their shot. IMHO that is when the majority opinion is society as a whole will turn in favor of removing restrictions, including distancing and masks at WDW. Right now the majority still agrees with keeping restrictions but that will change soon.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don’t see an issue. We just aren’t there yet. No use worrying about a “what if” that hasn’t happened yet. If the government says we can never return to normal then the government will be replaced. We all get a vote, even in Georgia...just bring your own bottle of water ;););)

I’m vaccinated so I don’t need to wear a mask, but I understand why they aren’t just removing all public restrictions yet. If we reach the point where the vast majority of people are vaccinated and community spread is way down I’m confident the restrictions will be gone. For Disney all of the CMs haven‘t had a chance to be vaccinated yet. If they just removed all the Covid rules including masks to appeal to the vaccinated in society they would be putting some of their own workers at risk. Once everyone has had the chance to be vaccinated then that’s not an issue anymore. Those workers will be deciding to take their own risk. It’s a month or 2 before we can officially say anyone who wanted the vaccine had their shot. IMHO that is when the majority opinion is society as a whole will turn in favor of removing restrictions, including distancing and masks at WDW. Right now the majority still agrees with keeping restrictions but that will change soon.
I think it will change soon as well. Maybe by June

LovePop

Maybe Disney can slow down on the deep cleaning now:

"Deep Cleaning Isn’t a Victimless Crime​

The CDC has finally said what scientists have been screaming for months: The coronavirus is overwhelmingly spread through the air, not via surfaces."

I've always thought that. Given that covid is a respiratory disease similar to the flu, it can't be spread by touching so easily. Instead of wasting time and money cleaning surfaces excessively, it's better to focus on ventilation and filtering air.

Kevin_W

But they almost definitely will A. Not die B. Not be hospitalized and C. Not have a super severe case.

Sorry but idk how I’m supposed to maintain concern for literal years when I have a .008% of getting covid post vaccine and a probable .000000001 chance of dying from it.
To be fair, the percentages will be higher because people haven't been vaccinated all that long yet, so cases will go up. But I get your point, those are good numbers, not bad ones.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think it will change soon as well. Maybe by June
I can’t promise the government in every state will follow logic and common sense, but I am confident public sentiment will shift and businesses like WDW and retail chains will follow public sentiment as much or more than the government. By the Summer we will see a major shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom