The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Amidala

The light parade ship, as far as I know, has sailed. They could always choose to ship one of DL’s over pretty easily, but I don’t gather they want to. Getting 3 nighttime spectaculars back after all this time will be challenging enough.

Makes sense but still hurts to hear :confused: Maybe in a year when things are back to normal (give or take) they can revisit this, but it would've been nice for the 50th.

It fills the following check marks: Capacity limiting and Profitable. I really can't see how the first MK fireworks would occur outside of a hard ticket event.

I could see the first couple of showings being hard ticketed, but after a few weeks I think guests will start to complain, especially APs and FL locals who know what they're missing. And there would HAVE to be more on offer than just HEA. Even the most gullible and desperate of Disney fans aren't going to drop $100+ to watch a 15 minute show. Wouldn't necessarily need to be a dessert/viewing package, but could be an event like Villains After Hours, with themed snacks and/or merch and a few of the bigger rides running? Then again, with the parks already operating at 35% capacity I'm not sure shorter wait times will be as much of an incentive as usual.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This all sounds like putting the frog in the pot of water, then turning up the heat. Get guests to buy in at a lower price point, then eventually take away the cheap options for much higher priced options.

Just say “No!”

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Makes sense but still hurts to hear :confused: Maybe in a year when things are back to normal (give or take) they can revisit this, but it would've been nice for the 50th.

I could see the first couple of showings being hard ticketed, but after a few weeks I think guests will start to complain, especially APs and FL locals who know what they're missing. And there would HAVE to be more on offer than just HEA. Even the most gullible and desperate of Disney fans aren't going to drop $100+ to watch a 15 minute show. Wouldn't necessarily need to be a dessert/viewing package, but could be an event like Villains After Hours, with themed snacks and/or merch and a few of the bigger rides running? Then again, with the parks already operating at 35% capacity I'm not sure shorter wait times will be as much of an incentive as usual.
How many times a week did the MNSSHP run? If I also remember in 2019 they intermixed the After Hours events in same week as the Halloween Parties. So you at times had 5 out 7 days in which the general admission crowd did not have access, yet people still flocked to the hard ticket events. (locals and AP included) I guess they figure the calculus still works for supporting this immediatly post Covid.

jrhwdw

Correct! I'll let Hard Ticket(if that's TDO's thinking)slide to start off with. But it can't be the permanent solution! ESP if UOR/SWO has Free(with Park Tickets)shows nightly all summer.

TTA94

When I first heard it proposed, it included reasonable options too since capacity is pretty high. Think $25 Cosmic Ray’s package with entree, drink, “dessert” and seating. But I don’t know if this is the final plan.

I do like that price point way better than the cost of the seasonal events lol, however so will everyone else and therefore almost every night, way in advance, will sell out. No last minute possibilities like it was with FP firework viewing where there was always a chance someone might cancel or more slots open.

And will a park reservation be required in this situation if it was to happen?

havoc315

When I first heard it proposed, it included reasonable options too since capacity is pretty high. Think $25 Cosmic Ray’s package with entree, drink, “dessert” and seating. But I don’t know if this is the final plan.

okay..... then ignore my previous post about MK not having enough TS dining for packages.

Touchdown

True! They had F! dining packeges back in the 90's after
F! opened.
They had it up till March 2020. The Mama Melrose lunch was a pretty good deal, I did it regularly because the food was pretty good, and I could waltz into the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater 30 min before the show and get an isle seat near the back of the Mickey or Scar Section and enjoy the show (and beat the crowd on the way out.)

pdude81

True! They had F! dining packeges back in the 90's after
F! opened.
I believe much of this was still going on up until the parks closed. Preferred FoL seating with Tusker House or Tiffins meal, Fantasmic reserved area with Mama Melrose, Brown Derby, or Hollywood and Vine. And the pages were still working until recently, just showing that there was no events scheduled. Seem to be down now, but the timing could be a coincidence.

These were for theaters though. If adding the MK castle show and they needed to cut the number of people, I'd expect more of a hard ticket event. Once the lights go off, without seats it's hard to control spacing.

TTA94

The light parade ship, as far as I know, has sailed. They could always choose to ship one of DL’s over pretty easily, but I don’t gather they want to. Getting 3 nighttime spectaculars back after all this time will be challenging enough.

Well even I agree that brand new parade plan has sailed, at least for a couple years or so. The only option at this point, very tiny glimmer I’m guessing, but maaaybe more of a glimmer if fireworks resume soon? would be one of the two from DL, maybe 3 if they gave up MH lol, jk.
But, I know that would depend on how serious they were last year when that ptn rumor popped up. Did that get shot down because of unknown covid status at the time? Did DL shoot down the plans? Did WDW decide they didn’t want it or anything regardless of covid improving? Hurts to say it was probably all the above but mostly the ladder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom