The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

pdude81

The TP thread is mentioning 2 events now, one at noon for travel agencies and one at 4:30 for media. I kind of expect this to be an underwhelming announcement of more hotels reopening for summer/fall and a target for some limited return of shows. It would be great if F! was given a return date... I just am curious how they would handle the mass exodus. Usually looks like an erupting volcano

havoc315

The TP thread is mentioning 2 events now, one at noon for travel agencies and one at 4:30 for media. I kind of expect this to be an underwhelming announcement of more hotels reopening for summer/fall and a target for some limited return of shows. It would be great if F! was given a return date... I just am curious how they would handle the mass exodus. Usually looks like an erupting volcano

Travel agencies: Summer discounts and promotions. Right now, room discounts are only through July 5th.

jinx8402

Travel agencies: Summer discounts and promotions. Right now, room discounts are only through July 5th.
I also think they might detail plans on bringing back dining plans, if there actually is a TA specific event. Similar to how they had a TA event to go over the new park passes system. That is a major change that TAs will want/need to know about.

havoc315

I also think they might detail plans on bringing back dining plans, if there actually is a TA specific event. Similar to how they had a TA event to go over the new park passes system. That is a major change that TAs will want/need to know about.

Wouldn’t expect dining plans until after dining capacity and reservation system is restored.

ToTBellHop

I can’t wait for The Zach to announce, “Because Walt Disney once said, ‘if we can dream it, we can do it,’ we are proud to announce the new hashtag #StitchFloat which our guests can use to post selfies (masks down but physically distanced!). The team and I spent the last 4 years developing fondant Stitch ears to go in the float that we CAN’T WAIT to share with you all!”

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I can’t wait for The Zach to announce, “Because Walt Disney once said, ‘if we can dream it, we can do it,’ we are proud to announce the new hashtag #StitchFloat which our guests can use to post selfies (masks down but physically distanced!). The team and I spent the last 4 years developing fondant Stitch ears to go in the float that we CAN’T WAIT to share with you all!”
Only if the Instagramineer Extraordinare wears a retro EPCOT Center T-shirt while doing so.

Amidala

Have you heard though if it’s going to be hard ticketed?

I never even considered the possibility but my god what a nightmare :oops: Really hope that won't be the case.

Lol. Secretly, and probably foolishly, I’m hopeing if fireworks do indeed get the green light soon, that will also spark a glimmer of hope for some type of parade. Heck with the way things seemed to have suddenly changed for the return of fireworks, who knows. But, I’ll keep wishing on stars lol 🤣.

Apart from fireworks and F! coming back, I think a new electrical parade is the #1 thing I'd like to hear before the 50th. But assuming at this point there's zero chance of that. Nice to dream though lmao

ToTBellHop

I never even considered the possibility but my god what a nightmare :oops: Really hope that won't be the case.

Apart from fireworks and F! coming back, I think a new electrical parade is the #1 thing I'd like to hear before the 50th. But assuming at this point there's zero chance of that. Nice to dream though lmao
The light parade ship, as far as I know, has sailed. They could always choose to ship one of DL’s over pretty easily, but I don’t gather they want to. Getting 3 nighttime spectaculars back after all this time will be challenging enough.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A hard ticket event for 3 of the 4 parks to force guests to pay $129/person to have the opportunity to watch fireworks sounds like a Chapek dream scenario. Gotta make sure Bob’s retirement nest egg is healthy and the large institutional shareholders and Wall St ANALysts are happy. Not that I think they will do that, but don’t think they won’t try. Nothing would shock me at this point.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
A hard ticket event for 3 of the 4 parks to force guests to pay $129/person to have the opportunity to watch fireworks sounds like a Chapek dream scenario. Gotta make sure Bob’s retirement nest egg is healthy and the large institutional shareholders and Wall St ANALysts are happy. Not that I think they will do that, but don’t think they won’t try. Nothing would shock me at this point.
I only see it a the MK.
Epcot can't support it and there is enough room in the park for it.
HS Doesn't need it and F! can be socially distanced.

ToTBellHop

Dining packages at after hours hard ticket events.

It's called $ynergy.

How much did they charge for that Tony's Town Square Villains Soiree during the MNSSHP?
When I first heard it proposed, it included reasonable options too since capacity is pretty high. Think $25 Cosmic Ray’s package with entree, drink, “dessert” and seating. But I don’t know if this is the final plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom