News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Inspired Figment

Like, I certainly think EPCOT Forever is a lot better than Harmonious by a long shot from what we’ve seen so far. But I think if it were considered to be brought back. I would hope it’s reworked with a new ending/conclusion, some quotes changed around, and has Dreamfinder & Figment hosting it as opposed to just the children.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Like, I certainly think EPCOT Forever is a lot better than Harmonious by a long shot from what we’ve seen so far. But I think if it were considered to be brought back. I would hope it’s reworked with a new ending/conclusion, some quotes changed around, and has Dreamfinder & Figment hosting it as opposed to just the children.
Quite honestly, they missed a once in a generation chance to properly fix so much. Update and redress the spine, not destroy, and the budget left over would be more than enough to overhaul the Imagination complex and make proper use of the theatre again and restore the ride to an E.

Then the RoE format could have been plused / updated / upgraded / improved with like you say a narration by the Imag host(s) - like was the original plan for Forever. A tour of the parks individual areas and themes past and present, linking each theme to the planet. An all encompassing link of the park, its individual items, and the bigger picture. A new Spectro/Wishes combo or ToN/RoE just like those combos created a fully immersive and complete “package”. Uniquely new Epcot. Not Mk with oil rigs on a lake.

IMHO.

Last edited:

cmarten

Quite honestly, they missed a once in a generation chance to properly fix so much. Update and redress the spine, not destroy, and the budget left over would be more than enough to overhaul the Imagination complex and make proper use of the theatre again and restore the ride to an E.

Then the RoE format could have been plused / updated / upgraded / improved with like you say a narration by the Imag host(s) - like was the original plan for Forever. A tour of the parks individual areas and themes past and present, linking each theme to the planet. An all encompassing link of the park, its individual items, and the bigger picture. A new Spectro/Wishes combo or ToN/RoE just like those combos created a fully immersive and complete “package”. Uniquely new Epcot. Not Mk with oil rigs on a lake.

IMHO.
Each sentence of this felt like a dagger to the heart. Oh if only.

yensidtlaw1969

IMHO.
Man, this sounds almost like what someone who knew what they were doing would do.

MaximumEd

Whatever the “wow” moments are in this show, they need to be bigger than the infrastructure or this thing will be a failure in the court of public opinion. The juice better be worth the squeeze. I have serious doubts anything can overcome a lake full of gas rigs, but we’ll see.

M:SpilotISTC12

How well do you think Harm will be received? You think it will impress? or potentially be a flop?
Not directed at me but figured I'd leave a most reasonable prediction. It'll be a hit in a sense that it's a "fireworks" show and you need a reason to stick around Epcot past 7 (once we get back to normalcy post covid). Other than eating dinner in WS there is no reason to be in the park past then if not earlier. FW, or whatever the hell they are calling it now, has been so decimated that you can do that whole area in about 3 hours that is if you can find your way through the maze of construction walls. I'm not including M:S in that 3 hour timeframe because no one goes on it.

But there needs to be a reason to stay in the park later other than food and booze. So people will see fireworks and hear a few Moana songs and the crowd will go wild. Fireworks could be shot off backstage with music blasting through the PA speakers and it'd be a hit without those stupid things in the middle of the lagoon. You're probably wondering "Thats lame and not very creative." Well have you seen the rest of the park lately? The standard has gone down so anything will blow people's socks off at this point. Throw in a water screen that you can barely make out what is on it and people will be telling their coworkers about it around the water cooler the second they get back to work. "Epcot was kinda lame since there wasn't a whole lot in it but that firework show was awesome! You could see Olaf in this Stargate looking thing!"

In the end, it'll be a hit if for no other reason than the state of the park right is so bad that guest standards for Epcot are so low, just about anything will do.

Figments Friend

Exactly! As someone who was there on the night it debuted, (was there with @Figments Friend and a few others). Both the sudden silence, groans, and the instant negative reaction once that song blared out after everyone was initially enjoying the show before that ending was deafening. That conclusion/message seemed very clear to me, seemed like a slap in the face to EPCOT’s original vision, designers, and fans than anything else. The show was basically, “Hey remember what you all loved about EPCOT? Well screw that, The “whole new world” (formed by free-spirited creativity ‘apparently’.. still doesn’t make any sense to me) is full of movie IP tie-ins. Add the tacked on out of context quote from Walt about EPCOT always evolving or whatever. Man, that left such a negative taste in our mouths, we basically marched towards Living with the Land afterwards to cleanse our mind from that.

Yeah, remember how you, me, @Epcot82Guy , and @trainplane3 all had to go over and 'de-tox' over at The Land Pavilion post-Show..?

We were all pretty wound up...and riding 'Living With The Land' twice in a row with a boat all to ourselves was a soothing balm to mellow us out after what we just witnessed.
Not to mention, the GREAT personal narration we had from a former Land CM in the boat with us....
;)

When i think of 'Epcot Forever', i think of all of you guys and enjoying that time together.
So i guess the Show had some positive memories associated with it, besides the 'reto Pavilion music'...!

:)

-

Inspired Figment

Yeah, remember how you, me, @Epcot82Guy , and @trainplane3 all had to go over and 'de-tox' over at The Land Pavilion post-Show..?

We were all pretty wound up...and riding 'Living With The Land' twice in a row with a boat all to ourselves was a soothing balm to mellow us out after what we just witnessed.
Not to mention, the GREAT personal narration we had from a former Land CM in the boat with us....
;)

When i think of 'Epcot Forever', i think of all of you guys and enjoying that time together.
So i guess the Show had some positive memories associated with it, besides the 'reto Pavilion music'...!

-
Yeah, same here, that was such an awesome memory. ❤️ let’s also not forget about the time @trainplane3 let us all up into the former ImageWorks/DVC lounge earlier that day, and then going to watch Impressions de France & American Adventure afterwards. 🙂 Who knows, maybe depending on what happens in the future, we’ll do that all again. Hopefully by then we’ll have something actually worth celebrating to be there for.

Inspired Figment

Or heck, even if not.. perhaps we could get some humor in seeing what the “Harmonious” cluster of oil rigs has to offer us. But yeah, who knows.. only time & circumstances will tell

aladdin2007

I worry it will be nothing but a rave party type show (sure looks like its going to be one) and with the audience focus on drinking, thats where everyone will head in droves. So it will get a pass for that aspect from the general public, and any surveys or reviews on disneys part will skew it to be nothing but phenomenal. You can bet a particular individual is already writing up the twisted spiel now.

Its just going to be fun to see when things stop working or fail, how long all this mess on the lake is going to last,,sorry but I just see it as way too expensive for them to want to spend on the upkeep for very long. I feel it will be shortened over time or reworked in some way and maybe someday some of that precious metal machinery they are so dang proud of that has over taken the lagoon will be gone or dwindle to some degree, will see.

trainplane3

Yeah, same here, that was such an awesome memory. ❤️ let’s also not forget about the time @trainplane3 let us all up into the former ImageWorks/DVC lounge earlier that day, and then going to watch Impressions de France & American Adventure afterwards. 🙂 Who knows, maybe depending on what happens in the future, we’ll do that all again. Hopefully by then we’ll have something actually worth celebrating to be there for.
Hopefully I'll be there for the 40th. Planning on it already but that's well over a year away.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The barges? Those are anchored with heavy duty chain to the lagoon base. The icon barge is in 3 pieces. None of the barges are drivable. They are all moved by pusher boats.
We are talking about the 8 small firework platforms.

The four fin barges and the icon barge were designed to have the ability to be brought out daily, but that plan was scrapped and they will remain permanently in the lagoon.

Figments Friend

I'll be there for the week of the 50th Anniversary later this year (last week Sept / first week Oct).
Anyone around, let's meet up!

I still have plenty of my quaint self drawn Tony Baxter artwork postcards to giveaway for anyone who missed our lil' Magic Garden get together.

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Can I just state that I am more excited about seeing The Electrical Water Pagent ( 50 year run...and still going! ) then Harmonious?

Call me 'old school', but tv screens and dancing fountains can't match the simple creative fun of that 'primative' water spectacle.
And I don't have to be subjected to seeing the Show hardware out on the lagoon all day messing with the scenic views.
That can be seen elsewhere...but in the case of the EWP, from the monorail in the 'backstage' canal!
;)

Team Sea Serpent for the win!
( pumps fist )

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom