cmb5002

Over on the Disunplugged they’re saying these will submerge. 😂
They will! Once.

1614969010843.png

🤞

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wont a little bit of wind soak guests with such a big fountain? Or is it still far enough from the walkways?
Likely that such a high fount is just part of the highlight of a show, and not constant.

Also the closest any of the fountains comes to a walking path is over 100 yards.

The spray from cooling misters evaporate just 20 feet away.

maxairmike

Likely that such a high fount is just part of the highlight of a show, and not constant.

Also the closest any of the fountains comes to a walking path is over 100 yards.

The spray from cooling misters evaporate just 20 feet away.

I get mist from the fountain(s) in the Marketplace lake on the bridge on moderately breezy days and that's not exactly a high flow fountain...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Serious question, Harms fountains should be on a larger scale than RoLs correct? Guess that’s obvious since RoL had 5 lotus, including the large lotus, and only 4 fountain heads each.
maybe it was just me but I also felt the fountain lighting in RoL wasn’t as vibrant as WoCs?

Remember the distances between the equipment and the viewers.. as well as the 'stage' they are trying to fit in view. Harm will have to be much bigger purely based on the setting they are trying to make an impact in.

maxairmike

That fountain is only 50 yards away.

Let me know if you feel the mist from that fountain 100 yards away, such as by the kiddie train in Marketplace.

Just like the example you gave vs mine (mister fans vs an average, every day fountain), the volume difference is likely orders of magnitude between that fountain and even one fountain nozzle of what was visible. I'm not exactly the best science mind, but I would think larger amounts of larger droplets have a farther reach with enough wind (plus the height factor, farther to fall, farther to carry).

jrhwdw

We all know WSL is a different animal but, doesn't F! and
WOC have "You May Get Wet" warnings in their 5 Min Announcement? How close are the Fountains to guests in those shows?

jrhwdw

This is the answer to ac on gondolas! Mega Misters!
Sklyliner's not even in the Park! Water can't jump IG and get the Skyliners! Can it???

Epcot's Monorail loop facing WSL has a better chance for spray... If Epcot's Monorail ever reopens....

Last edited:

TTA94

I doubt this is in the plans but could they add small barges with fountains on them, like RoLs lotus, and put them around the open areas of WS Lagoon? There is definitely room for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom