Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmascari

Fraud or no fraud it’s not something we will know about for years.
Yes and no, it depends on the question you're trying to answer.

Was there any fraud at all anywhere in the system where even 1 or 100 or 1,000 deaths were labeled COVID by someone incorrectly because they wanted something. Sure, I'll buy that we may not know that answer for years. I would even just accept a yes right now. After all, there have been 500,000+ deaths, it's certainly possible that at least 1 of them was attributed wrong on purpose. I would even accept that it would make media reporting, it's a good story, sensational and rare, both attributes that make things news.

Was there so much fraud the entire COVID death risk is overrated and wrong? That fraud is so rampant that 10,000, 50,000, or 100,000 of the 500,000+ deaths is a lie? We know that now, there's no need to wait years. It's just not happening at a scale that would have any impact on COVID death risk reporting. Massive grift and law breaking is also a good news story.

All the posts here arguing fraud are the second. None of them are people looking at individual hospital systems trying to dig out a few hundred cases of fraud. They're all trying to say that the entire risk of COVID is lower because fraud is so rampant. We absolutely know this is incorrect now and do not need to wait years for it to surface.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes and no, it depends on the question you're trying to answer.

Was there any fraud at all anywhere in the system where even 1 or 100 or 1,000 deaths were labeled COVID by someone incorrectly because they wanted something. Sure, I'll buy that we may not know that answer for years. I would even just accept a yes right now. After all, there have been 500,000+ deaths, it's certainly possible that at least 1 of them was attributed wrong on purpose. I would even accept that it would make media reporting, it's a good story, sensational and rare, both attributes that make things news.

Was there so much fraud the entire COVID death risk is overrated and wrong? That fraud is so rampant that 10,000, 50,000, or 100,000 of the 500,000+ deaths is a lie? We know that now, there's no need to wait years. It's just not happening at a scale that would have any impact on COVID death risk reporting. Massive grift and law breaking is also a good news story.

All the posts here arguing fraud are the second. None of them are people looking at individual hospital systems trying to dig out a few hundred cases of fraud. They're all trying to say that the entire risk of COVID is lower because fraud is so rampant. We absolutely know this is incorrect now and do not need to wait years for it to surface.

Are we talking about COVID deaths or voting? ;)

CaptainAmerica

They're all trying to say that the entire risk of COVID is lower because fraud is so rampant. We absolutely know this is incorrect now and do not need to wait years for it to surface.
Risk of COVID is lower than it appears to be because people are ignorant and react to anecdotes more than data and they have no tangible grasp on how the number 500,000 relates to the number 330,000,000.

havoc315

Risk of COVID is lower than it appears to be because people are ignorant and react to anecdotes more than data and they have no tangible grasp on how the number 500,000 relates to the number 330,000,000.

I'd say that the risk of death is higher than it appears... because I do grasp the magnitude of 500,000 deaths... which is likely an undercount.. in less than 1 year... while taking mitigation measures. And because I have seen Covid death affect way too may friends and family.

For 15-20% of all deaths in the year to be Covid deaths.. that's huge.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'd say that the risk of death is higher than it appears... because I do grasp the magnitude of 500,000 deaths... which is likely an undercount.. in less than 1 year... while taking mitigation measures. And because I have seen Covid death affect way too may friends and family.

For 15-20% of all deaths in the year to be Covid deaths.. that's huge.

... and that is still only looking at lived and died, we all know there are a lot of other outcomes to be considered.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So if the cause of death has been faked in so many cases, what is the explanation for all of the excess deaths every week dating back to the week ending 3/28/2020? There have been hundreds of thousands of excess deaths over the past 11 months and the fact that they line up with the start of the pandemic and have generally followed along with the waves in COVID-19 cases isn't just a coincidence.

This was debunked last year...”deaths above average” corresponds almost EXACLTY to the corona count.

You actually can’t BS math...unless you’re on Capitol Hill

mmascari

Lower than what?

Because, 500,000/330,000,000 over the course of a year, for an event with a significant impact outcome seems like something to worry about.

Touchdown

Now do it by demographic cohort and tell me how scared a 30 year old woman should be?

Spoiler alert: Not at all.
That depends,

Scared she get Covid, pass it to and thus kill grandma, yes she should. Scared she might get Covid, and have long term effects, we don’t know how prevalent they are. Also while Covid mortality is lower in younger people it isn’t zero, would be interesting to see what percent of deaths in her cohort were caused by Covid this year (ie what is the solution to Covid deaths by 30-39 year olds/Total deaths by 30-39 year olds.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom