Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom P.

Risk of COVID is lower than it appears to be because people are ignorant and react to anecdotes more than data and they have no tangible grasp on how the number 500,000 relates to the number 330,000,000.

Our scatter-shot approach has cost lives. We should have been laser-focused on nursing homes. But the politicians didn't want to call a spade a spade and admit that this is a disease that kills old, sick people.
You're fighting a losing battle, Cap'n. People -- especially people here -- want to be alone and afraid. Desperately. The reaction of people over the past year boggles my mind.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're fighting a losing battle, Cap'n. People -- especially people here -- want to be alone and afraid. Desperately. The reaction of people over the past year boggles my mind.

Tell that to your Graceland...who is still shuttering half their hotels and running at 30% capacity.

The thing few ever stopped to consider was this: they shut down the money machine. Do you know what it takes for the power brokers to put any money instruments on ice?

Somebody was very afraid...It had nothing to do with me.

Another "classic"

"Yall are just afraid"

Keep em coming

Hoaxers...just not as loud now.

CaptainAmerica

Hoaxers...just not as loud now.
You guys seem to be attributing to me things you've seen on Twitter, I guess?

I'm not saying COVID is fake. I'm not saying COVID isn't dangerous. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy. I'm not saying my preferred course of action would have led to fewer deaths.

I'm saying *I don't care* how serious it is, because nothing justifies what they've done to people's liberty and autonomy for the past year. I don't care if it would have lead to 10 million deaths. So be it.

kong1802

What are “they” doing right now to our liberty? You dislike masks that much?

Before I could drink 10 beers and jump behind the wheel of a car, no big government telling me what to do, and then all this COVID stuff happened and I can't do that anymore..

What's that? There have always been measures taken to protect the public from reckless personal decision making? It wasn't just COVID? Huh...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You guys seem to be attributing to me things you've seen on Twitter, I guess?

I'm not saying COVID is fake. I'm not saying COVID isn't dangerous. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy. I'm not saying my preferred course of action would have led to fewer deaths.

I'm saying *I don't care* how serious it is, because nothing justifies what they've done to people's liberty and autonomy for the past year. I don't care if it would have lead to 10 million deaths. So be it.

Yeah...but you self promote yourself as a “money guy”....so why should I be concerned with your health policy or logistics analysis in retrospect?

I could run parts of Disney’s operation much better - especially in the intermediate and longterm - than they can. But it’s not my job and they could care less.

Same thing.

Saying only nursing homes matter is devoid of the realities of what happened. It was all about spread and finding the “weak” points with that spread. Nursing homes are just the surface.

The right to money grub is not specifically outlined in any government document, by the way.

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

You are misquoting me. I said people WANT to be afraid. And I would never, under any circumstances, say "y'all".

Yeah, there's nothing I enjoy more than not being able to visit my mother indoors for any extended amount of time because she's over 75 or worrying about any of the several family members who have no choice but to go to work every day and deal with the public. I've been waiting for years for someone to cancel concerts I had tickets to so I wouldn't have to attend them and listen to live music performed by artists I really like. Finally, everything's coming up Chipperson!

Crunchie9

Actually... they have been pretty darn accurate in most cases, especially more recently.
Headlines often broadcast their most extreme outlying forecasts. The actual results in the US have consistently fallen within the range predicted by IHME. As with any such statistical models, the models improve over time and become more accurate over time.
For short term.
Long term it is throwing dust into the wind.

the first rule of forecasting is that forecasting is always wrong. The second rule of forecasting is the longer out you go, the less accurate it is.

CaptainAmerica

I think it was "illegal to gather in large groups"......

Churches were not exempt.

But I believe you could still zoom....

Or hold smaller groups to practice your religion.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
I get it, you're not religious.

Either way, "illegal to gather in large groups" is just as bad, even if church had nothing to do with it. Free association and freedom of exercise are BOTH bedrock enumerated rights.

kong1802

I get it, you're not religious.

What does that have to do with anything?

Where am I wrong?

Where two or three gather in my name.......

Was that in the law? Are we going full persecution here? If so, let me get my lunch first.

ETA: I see your edit. You couldn't worship? They took your Bible?! Took your zoom invite?! Made you renounce?! This is news. Please, tell us more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom