News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Brenthodge

Totally. One's lens and position has no bearing on just how unobtrusive the barges are. Just look how tiny they are!!!!!!

View attachment 534309
What I think is crazy, is that they are still so far away that even a giant and hulking as they are, they still come off as too far away to read. I don’t understand why there weren’t more, smaller pieces that could have been closer to the guests, and easily moved offstage.

Brenthodge

Size of barges vs width of bridge clearance vs rough water vs wind
so again, why are they paid their high salaries of they fail at basic concepts like designing show equipment to meet the basic constraints of the venue it is to be used in. When the kept talking about "custom set pieces" I was envisioning something almost like a parade floats on water that would create more immersive environments. These things are just TVs... there... on the water. I LOVE the idea above about using the islands and adding additional islands if needed for show equipment. These could have been built with underground "vaults" to store/raise show equipment that would have needed little/no top dressing to disguise due to the distance from guests and the angle they would be seen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
so again, why are they paid their high salaries of they fail at basic concepts like designing show equipment to meet the basic constraints of the venue it is to be used in. When the kept talking about "custom set pieces" I was envisioning something almost like a parade floats on water that would create more immersive environments. These things are just TVs... there... on the water. I LOVE the idea above about using the islands and adding additional islands if needed for show equipment. These could have been built with underground "vaults" to store/raise show equipment that would have needed little/no top dressing to disguise due to the distance from guests and the angle they would be seen.
Preaching to the converted dude.

Creathir

Size of barges vs width of bridge clearance vs rough water vs wind
Given the copious amounts of funds they seem to enjoy spending these days, maybe they should have changed the bridge into a dual split bridge design, almost like a set of bridge locks.

Raise one bridge, allow the piece to pass, lower it, raise the other.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Then you’d have your hopes dashed as half of CommuniCore was missing, the Fountain of Nations was no more, and your view of the pavilions on the other side of the World Showcase was blocked by ghastly black monoliths posing as fountains littered haphazardly across the lagoon as of floating piles of refuse.
Exactly, the new entrance makes me think of an Epcot we have been wanting back for years. When I see that entrance it looks like a park where when I pass that entrance there’s going to be a restored Fountain of Nations, Journey into Imagination in all its glory, full Communocore buildings and anything else that can come with Epcot Center. The only 5 good things that have happened to Epcot in my opinion since the 90’s was the Fountain of Nations, Tapestry of Nations, Spaceship Earth 94, ice Station and Reflections of Earth in my opinion all gone now. I love Test Track but I don’t see why it couldn’t share the stage with World of Motion.

pdude81

I’d heard (don’t recall from who. @Magic Feather ?) it was decided it would take too long to have the bridge open in bad weather. It was quite a while back the decision was taken.

Thanks, I mixed up who said what.

I guess I'm just not so clear on two things here:

1. Why is it such a big deal to have the bridge open for 10-15 minutes at a time for a few spots at the end of the night? I can understand the desire for better traffic flow, especially in covid time, but I don't see this as being at all worse than the daytime visuals.

2. If the issue is bad weather or high winds, why don't they consider just cancelling the nighttime show if these conditions exist? The last time we went to DL, with our 5 day passes we got 0 firework shows and only one Fantasmic due to shifting winds that didn't seem strong at all.

At this point all I'm left with is hoping the fountains do an ok job hiding things.... it just seems like WDI could try a little harder to solve this problem. Apologies as I just realized this discussion is in the wrong spot. I'll stop whining now

Hiperjavier2004

12 flags is 12 pavilions?

That flag must be all 12 pavilions: "Spaceship Earth: Our Shared Story", "Imagination! Pavilion", "Odyssey Pavilion", "Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana", "The Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavilion", "The Land Pavilion", "Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind", "PLAY! Pavilion", "Mission: SPACE Pavilion", "Test Track", "HarmonioUS" and "World Showcase"!!!

And since the concept art are looks just like the classic EPCOT Center in 1982 and "Future World" will be permanently closed in this year, that must be 4 themed lands of EPCOT: "World Celebration", "World Nature", "World Discovery" and "World Showcase"!!

So, There's gonna be more Disney Parks and EPCOT announcement stuffs and there has to be!!

And that's why I saw a vision of the future about a sneak peek of every Disney Parks in worldwide, especially, EPCOT's transformation and Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary celebration!!!

Because, sometimes, I'm so excited about this!!!😍

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

PHOTOS - Walls down and flag pole bases completed on the east side of the main entrance​

Epcot_Full_41003.jpg

Surferboy567

12 flags is 12 pavilions?

That flag must be all 12 pavilions: "Spaceship Earth: Our Shared Story", "Imagination! Pavilion", "Odyssey Pavilion", "Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana", "The Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavilion", "The Land Pavilion", "Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind", "PLAY! Pavilion", "Mission: SPACE Pavilion", "Test Track", "HarmonioUS" and "World Showcase"!!!
Does HarmonioUS have a pavilion logo?

EDIT: Since, it’s not a pavilion I doubt it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom