News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

SweetDuffy101

Ok, stay with me here. What if the Imagineers built rising platforms that sealed under the water? All four screens could lower into individual vaults that stick up maybe a foot out of the water. A sliding roof could close over it, and the entire vault could sink just below the water surface. The center fountain could also lower so that only the fountain runs during the day or not at all. My solution would preserve the sightlines and maintain the show they already built, which I am convinced that no loyal RoE fan will like.
Anyway, just thinking of a way to create the best of both worlds.
i dont think that World showcase lagoon has enough depth to hide those structures at all. I don't think that Disney wanted to Hide those things at all, I think that it was intentional for them to do it cause of budget cuts. They could have done it.look at WOC Fantasmic! DisneySea.
EPCOT has its own backstage area for barges they have enough space but they just don't want to do it. MONEY talks.and the lack of sponsorship for HARMONIOUS speaks itself.

PirateFrank

So wait....(and forgive me for being so late to the party on this)....

....these barges are going to be permanent fixtures out in the lagoon?

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
they would not be so bad if they could sink to the waterline...it is that first 8' of nothingness holding the display up that look so incredibly jarring.
What if, they can but they need to wait until each one is fully set up on the lagoon. Yeah, I know about the huge chains anchoring them. What if there are underwater wrenches that will pull them down to close to water line.

Yeah, yeah, I know. very unlikely, but one can dream. :)

From some of the art work they showed a while back I don't think we will be seeing the barges after installation and testing are complete. It is my understanding that all of the big barges are in reality fountains during the day. They will transform at night for the show. So in the next few weeks we should see that.

SplashJacket

From some of the art work they showed a while back I don't think we will be seeing the barges after installation and testing are complete. It is my understanding that all of the big barges are in reality fountains during the day. They will transform at night for the show. So in the next few weeks we should see that.
Just because its function changes, that doesn't make the barge disappear...

Brenthodge

Looking at those massive chains that run off the sides of the barges down into the lagoon makes it seem as if the whole “they were designed to be moved” theory is false.

There is no way with those gigantic chains that these were designed to be moved daily. Just illogical

also, they’re huge. No way they’d be able to push them with a twin engine outboard boat. These things were clearly never designed to be moved daily
I tend to agree. I’ve been thinking that. Not that it excuses it. It makes it almost worse in that they KNEW this would look horrible and continued down that design path.

hpyhnt 1000

they would not be so bad if they could sink to the waterline...it is that first 8' of nothingness holding the display up that look so incredibly jarring.
I really think they should put some kind of artwork on it rather than the current (horribly painted) nothing-to-see-here black. A SSE triangle motif, a retro-ish blue and silver color block pattern, flags of World Showcase... it could only improve the look at this point.

And since they're sitting in the middle of a guest area, they're going to need repainting at regular intervals, artwork or no artwork. Might as well put something visually attractive on them.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Look at the Lagoon from this morning

HarmonioUS_Full_40795.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That much is known. Trying to hide them behind fountains is part of the problem (and a joke)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom