News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a preview of the daytime fountain show ;)

DSC05500-1.jpg

OK it is a guy with a hose.

And here is a look at some screen testing today.

DSC05495-1.jpg

Last edited:

TTA94

So confused what they are doing. Seems like they have been dealing with technical issues rather than just normal testing with the screens? Plus hosing down the barges? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So confused what they are doing. Seems like they have been dealing with technical issues rather than just normal testing with the screens? Plus hosing down the barges? 🤷‍♂️
I don't think they had any capacity to fully power up the barges backstage, so what we are seeing now onstage is the first actual powered on work. This of course would normally be done out of guest view.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah I'm
The bingo screens are normal testing? I thought that started after the report of a pixel outage?
Yeah I would expect so. This stuff was all built backstage but none of it was powered up. So this is the first they are seeing of what has been built. The pic above is a test pattern which shows the performance of each of the panels. I would expect it is completely normal for their to be some failures, or adjustments needed on large displays like this. It is just that normally we don't get to see this process.

techgeek

The bingo screens are normal testing? I thought that started after the report of a pixel outage?

Yeah I'm

Yeah I would expect so. This stuff was all built backstage but none of it was powered up. So this is the first they are seeing of what has been built. The pic above is a test pattern which shows the performance of each of the panels. I would expect it is completely normal for their to be some failures, or adjustments needed on large displays like this. It is just that normally we don't get to see this process.

What you're looking at here is a 'pixel map', basically an image verifying how the media players are configured to be mapped to each individual segment of the LED display. For an LED wall that's not the aspect ratio or shape of a normal video signal, the content may be 'sliced and and diced' to fit the actual display and make the best use of the full resolution from the media players. For a screen this big, it's likely the output of multiple 4K media players are being combined and tiled to different areas of the screen.

Basically all this test pattern does it make sure all the parts of the video are routed to the right places, left to right and top to bottom. It's one of the first things you'd look at once you powered everything up and verified connections.

Disney Analyst

What you're looking at here is a 'pixel map', basically an image verifying how the media players are configured to be mapped to each individual segment of the LED display. For an LED wall that's not the aspect ratio or shape of a normal video signal, the content may be 'sliced and and diced' to fit the actual display and make the best use of the full resolution from the media players. For a screen this big, it's likely the output of multiple 4K media players are being combined and tiled to different areas of the screen.

Basically all this test pattern does it make sure all the parts of the video are routed to the right places, left to right and top to bottom. It's one of the first things you'd look at once you powered everything up and verified connections.

Thanks for explaining it so well, I tried to sort of convey that by showing it used in concert settings.

It's essentially a calibration technique to ensure everything is calibrated properly, working, and ensures you won't suddenly have a video showing in the wrong section of the screen etc.

montyz81

Ok, stay with me here. What if the Imagineers built rising platforms that sealed under the water? All four screens could lower into individual vaults that stick up maybe a foot out of the water. A sliding roof could close over it, and the entire vault could sink just below the water surface. The center fountain could also lower so that only the fountain runs during the day or not at all. My solution would preserve the sightlines and maintain the show they already built, which I am convinced that no loyal RoE fan will like.
Anyway, just thinking of a way to create the best of both worlds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom