News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Brer Panther

Hopefully, Pooh will get a new home in Fantasyland at some point assuming that’s what happens.
And hopefully, whatever happens to Disneyland's Pooh won't affect the Magic Kingdom's. Then again, the Magic Kingdom's Pooh is more popular than Disneyland's, but since when has an attraction being popular stopped Disney from replacing it?

Then again (again), it wouldn't make sense to have a Tiana restaurant in our Fantasyland when there's a Tiana ride in Frontierland. So I suppose that even if Disneyland's Pooh gets replaced by Tiana's Place (or is it Tiana's Palace?), the chances of them replacing the Magic Kingdom's Pooh with Tiana's Place is pretty small. Plus, the Magic Kingdom needs more capacity as is.

Actually, y'know what they should do? Spare both Splash Mountains and replace Pooh with a Princess and the Frog dark ride. Then have Tiana's Place replace the Pooh Corner gift shop. Then have a clone of that dark ride replace Princess Fairytale Hall. But that's just MY opinion.

Donaldfan1934

Actually, y'know what they should do? Spare both Splash Mountains and replace Pooh with a Princess and the Frog dark ride. Then have Tiana's Place replace the Pooh Corner gift shop. Then have a clone of that dark ride replace Princess Fairytale Hall. But that's just MY opinion.
While your ideas are certainly much better alternatives to the current proposals, Splash in DL would then become the lone piece of Critter Country in a NOS sandwich instead of Pooh and PatF in MK would be an American themed ride in a largely European themed section of the park. Personally, I would place a PatF ride in DL in between PotC and HM as seen in the picture below and expand around the RoA to place it in its own bayou themed area in MK.
27A23504-3F1E-4492-8011-15EDC4402FA8.jpeg

Brer Panther

While your ideas are certainly much better alternatives to the current proposals, Splash in DL would then become the lone piece of Critter Country in a NOS sandwich instead of Pooh and PatF in MK would be an American themed ride in a largely European themed section of the park. Personally, I would place a PatF ride in DL in between PotC and HM as seen in the picture below and expand around the RoA to place it in its own bayou themed area in MK. View attachment 522317
Honestly, I think your idea's better.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I also think that Disney may have been depending on controversy surrounding the attraction to get a little buzz before they let any potential replacement ideas get off the drawing board. Without any notable external pressure preceding such an announcement, the absolute shell shock from the fandom may have been unmanageable. I can’t even begin to imagine how something like this would’ve gone over if it was suddenly revealed out of nowhere at the D23 Expo.
If this was announced out of the blue at D23 there probably wouldve been a riot.

Donaldfan1934

Honestly, I think your idea's better.
Thank you. To be honest, I’ve actually thought PatF was a pitch perfect opportunity to make use of the land behind the NOS Train Station well before the Splash controversy. Same with the notion that MK should eventually take advantage of the opportunity DL missed with SW:GE and expand around their RoA with areas that actually compliment it. In two parks that desperately needs whatever capacity is at their disposal, I feel every opportunity to add new attractions should be considered before resorting to replacing existing attractions.
If this was announced out of the blue at D23 there probably wouldve been a riot.
Agreed. A riot also would’ve likely overthrown the entire convention from that point forward and put future D23 Expo’s in jeopardy. I‘m sure key decision makers inside of Disney were well aware of these risks and knew they had to wait for a perfect storm of circumstances before anything could even get close to the point of being announced.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Agreed. A riot also would’ve likely overthrown the entire convention from that point forward and put future D23 Expo’s in jeopardy. I‘m sure key decision makers inside of Disney were well aware of these risks and knew they had to wait for a perfect storm of circumstances before anything could even get close to the point of being announced.
Yeup. Remember how the Redhead Change announcement got boo'd on stage? Imagine the Splash backlash. It'd be nuts

Donaldfan1934

Yeup. Remember how the Redhead Change announcement got boo'd on stage? Imagine the Splash backlash. It'd be nuts
Indeed. I can’t imagine the crowd would’ve even let the speaker(s) get to the Disney‘s overused straw man argument about change in the parks to those who disagree with their decisions.
Pooh was responsible for removing Mr Toad for a less interesting ride...Pooh is fine where they are, but quite frankly I would rather see Pooh booted out and Alice move in where it makes sense...next to the Tea Cups...
I grew up with Pooh, so I’d be sad to see it go. However, an Alice clone would be a nice addition to that part of Fantasyland.

rreading

Pooh was responsible for removing Mr Toad for a less interesting ride...Pooh is fine where they are, but quite frankly I would rather see Pooh booted out and Alice move in where it makes sense...next to the Tea Cups...
Pooh is a more popular IP and probably sells a pretty good amount of merchandise. Out west, where it's more isolated and more poorly done than WDW's it could make sense to replace it for a restaurant (I suppose). But at WDW, it has a nice queue and is one of the better rides for young children. I can't imagine it going anywhere. And it's not like the Alice at DL is amazing anyway

TrainsOfDisney

How about replacing the Tomorrowland Speedway with an Alice in Wonderland dark ride instead?
My blue-sky arm-chair idea has always been to put in a new show building where speedway is. Fantasyland facing it would be an Alice Dark Ride with appropriate theming, and then the building morphs into tomorrowlans theming and there is a second dark ride facade facing Tomorrowland.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
My blue-sky arm-chair idea has always been to put in a new show building where speedway is. Fantasyland facing it would be an Alice Dark Ride with appropriate theming, and then the building morphs into tomorrowlans theming and there is a second dark ride facade facing Tomorrowland.
How would the IP fit Tomorrowland?

Marc Davis Fan

While your ideas are certainly much better alternatives to the current proposals, Splash in DL would then become the lone piece of Critter Country in a NOS sandwich instead of Pooh and PatF in MK would be an American themed ride in a largely European themed section of the park. Personally, I would place a PatF ride in DL in between PotC and HM as seen in the picture below and expand around the RoA to place it in its own bayou themed area in MK. View attachment 522317

How is it possible that I never realized there's space for another E-ticket (or even a land expansion) in NoS/CC?

I mean, they've tunneled under the railroad before, and they can do it again. It even looks like they could connect NoS and CC around the back of HM and Splash if they wanted to.

My mind is officially blown.

TrainsOfDisney

Ah! Ok, that makes sense.
Or... a less desirable fix would be a candy crush overlay of the speedway with a very fantasyland look near fantasyland and the more electric grid / arcade look at Tomorrowland. Hey... then they could bring back the Tomorrowland arcade again! Nostalgia. Haha.

JoeCamel

The Alice entrance and facade would face Fantasyland, a Tomorrowland appropriate IP ride would face Tomorrowland. Both dark rides would be housed in the same physical building.
Yeah, that huge building would look symmetrical next to Tron, Chapek is all about symmetry, Bob told him so

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom