Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Doesn’t sound like WDW is going to be pleasing many die hard fans for the 50th between the hatred of what’s going into Epcots WSL and the possibility of a rave style light parade at MK lol.

doctornick

Doesn’t sound like WDW is going to be pleasing many die hard fans for the 50th between the hatred of what’s going into Epcots WSL and the possibility of a rave style light parade at MK lol.

I suspect most people would prefer to have Paint the Night than no parade (and those seem like the only options on the table), even if they view it as flawed. And most WDW guests would be perfectly thrilled with it.

I am a little more optimistic of PTN happening with the recent rumors that indicate an uptick in entertainment at WDW ... electric water pageant, return of Nemo musical in some form, Fantastic! returning in some form, etc. It at least seems like Disney is preparing for a future where they need to return to closer to "normal" so hopefully the 50th won't be a complete wash out. 🤞

jrhwdw

I suspect most people would prefer to have Paint the Night than no parade (and those seem like the only options on the table), even if they view it as flawed. And most WDW guests would be perfectly thrilled with it.

I am a little more optimistic of PTN happening with the recent rumors that indicate an uptick in entertainment at WDW ... electric water pageant, return of Nemo musical in some form, Fantastic! returning in some form, etc. It at least seems like Disney is preparing for a future where they need to return to closer to "normal" so hopefully the 50th won't be a complete wash out. 🤞
I'll welcome PTN/MSEP/ anything at this point!! Even FOF at night as a second performance would help things if that was MK'S only option!

I would like to think people already know what they're getting with PTN since it's been at HKDL/DL/DCA so there wouldn't be much hate (even on this site)if PTN in Orlando is really true!

TTA94

I would like to think people already know what they're getting with PTN since it's been at HKDL/DL/DCA so there wouldn't be much hate (even on this site)if PTN in Orlando is really true!

Except there are some who never wanted it to come to MK. Most of who were DL fans and didn’t want to loose their new light parade to WDW. Although now that it’s been mothballed for so long with no indication of returning to DL or DCA, especially now with the closure, I think even DL fans would rather it go to WDW instead of it continuing to sit in a warehouse.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If TDA “owns” PTN, with TDO’s track record on parade floats there’s no way it comes to the swamps unless they buy it outright from them. IMHO.

Between PTN and nothing, I’ll take... nothing. PTN is a fine parade from the one time I saw it, but I’d rather it stay in California.

TTA94

Wait, Fantasmic is returning? Don’t recall seeing that mention recently 🤔

Squishy

If TDA “owns” PTN, with TDO’s track record on parade floats there’s no way it comes to the swamps unless they buy it outright from them. IMHO.

Between PTN and nothing, I’ll take... nothing. PTN is a fine parade from the one time I saw it, but I’d rather it stay in California.
It wont be TDA's choice if the higher ups in Burbank want it moved...

TTA94

It wont be TDA's choice if the higher ups in Burbank want it moved...

That and, there’s a possibility TDA doesn’t care or want PTN. Pre covid maybe they cared, but even then they were not using it, and now it’s probably going to be a very long time before they could even think about bringing it back.

MagicHappens1971

I think even with the dissolution of “One Disney”, Bob & Josh still have final say, if they say marketing push for WDWs 50th with PTN, especially considering DL probably won’t be open till the end of the summer, at the earliest, it’ll happen.

jrhwdw

I think even with the dissolution of “One Disney”, Bob & Josh still have final say, if they say marketing push for WDWs 50th with PTN, especially considering DL probably won’t be open till the end of the summer, at the earliest, it’ll happen.
So, if that happens, Could PTN be showing at MK before DL ReOpens? Or is Oct 1 Still the date for everything 50th?

Intresting Question: At what point/how low does COVID need to go for the 50th to start marketing and we get real 50th Plans? When FOF/HEA Return? Before That? When COVID is Dead in FL?(who knows how long that'll be!)

TTA94

So, if that happens, Could PTN be showing at MK before DL ReOpens? Or is Oct 1 Still the date for everything 50th?

Intresting Question: At what point/how low does COVID need to go for the 50th to start marketing and we get real 50th Plans? When FOF/HEA Return? Before That? When COVID is Dead in FL?(who knows how long that'll be!)

Likely when cases start dropping, And unfortunately that’s not likely to happen until the vaccine makes its way to the general public. If that won’t be until Spring and Summer.... then yeah we are probably looking at October.

MagicHappens1971

As @mnelson3 said, likely when cases start dropping. Disney has been intentionally vague about the 50th, for those reasons. Given Disney’s track record and the slight bit of care they have left for pleasing hard core fans, I anticipate some sort of kick off on October 1st, and dragging out the 50th, from between 18-24 months. I expect banners adorning the parks, some commemorative merch, and I’d hope for new costumes for the fab 5 on October 1st. As for everything else, I’ll hold my breath, and wouldn’t expect any of that till 23, I’d be surprised if regular entertainment is back in its previous form by October 1st. Everything is very wishy-washy, based on Covid, and the presumption that Disney didn’t have too much planned for the 50th before their income was slashed by the billions.

TTA94

Sure would be handy if they had some fab 5 costumes that were designed for an anniversary (kinda like a birthday) party that evoked the visuals of “tissue and confetti.” Sure would be a good good good time.

They could reuse costumes from TDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom