The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BAChicagoGal

Yea, and what’s next...?
You won’t allow her emotional support elephant, or knock $500 off her rent every month...?!?!?!
You evil, evil, landlady you...!!!!!!! :mad::hilarious:;)
Seriously, I hope she takes a hike soon, and you find a more sane tenant...!!! :)
Thanks for making me laugh. This woman has rented from us over 30 years. I just wanted her to respect our wishes, and she has chosen not to do that. She is on a fixed income, and should have looked into senior housing many years ago, but I feel she has just taken us for granted too many years. Sorry it has come to fighting with her, but she just doesn't seem to get it. I feel there are some people in this world that the more you give them, the more they take/expect.

epcotisbest

What do they charge for ocean view vs. boat view...!!! ;)
Seriously though, so glad y’all got to take and enjoy a wonderful break...!!! :)

Yeah, we have cancelled a couple of trips this year but decided we were just gonna try to be safe and careful and go ahead on this little trip. As for staying at Harbour Town, it costs about the same as ocean view, we just wanted to try something different this time. We have been going over to the beach for morning walks every day, so that sorta makes up for not staying there.
Went to Savannah today, and did some Christmas shopping too. The trunk is gonna be full for the drive home.

donaldtoo

Thanks for making me laugh. This woman has rented from us over 30 years. I just wanted her to respect our wishes, and she has chosen not to do that. She is on a fixed income, and should have looked into senior housing many years ago, but I feel she has just taken us for granted too many years. Sorry it has come to fighting with her, but she just doesn't seem to get it. I feel there are some people in this world that the more you give them, the more they take/expect.

Glad I could give you a chuckle...!!! :)
I definitely agree with your last sentence.
I’ve used this example before in regards to such...
Our home of 30+ years is at the end of a dead end street.
When we first moved here, the street dead ended into a 35 acre Ranch (it’s now another residential development). The nice elderly man that lived there had cattle, horses, and a smelly :hilarious: herd of goats on the property.
When our 3 kiddos were little, we started letting them feed all the animals a little fruit or vegetables through the chain link fence that also had barbed wire on the other side.
At first, the goats would stop at a distance, but, wouldn’t even approach us.
Over time they would get closer.
Then they would approach timidly, grab the goods, and high-tail it.
Then, later, they got comfortable, and the kiddos really enjoyed it.
It eventually got to the point were if they saw us outside, even just gettin’ in the car to go somewhere, they would run to the fence and make such a ruckus.
They now expected us to feed them.
Then, one afternoon, when we went out to feed them a little, they were fighting each other over the food and head-butting the fence. Feeding those goats ended right then and there that day.
We never had a similar problem with the horses or cattle, so we continued to let the kiddos feed them from time to time when the goats were nowhere in sight.
From timid, to grateful, to this is great, to angry entitlement...yep, just like too darn many people...!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

With all the calls I've been getting from the schools the past couple of weeks that wouldn't have worked. :( Tomorrow should be the last round of those calls. Now I hope I don't get too many from my dh's job:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: if somebody can't find something during the day my phone gets called so they don't wake him up:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

Serious question...
How would you know where something regarding one of his work projects is...?! :cyclops:
Or, are you in charge of gently waking him up for them...?!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

Ok, thanks. I'll correct my ways when we get home. Maybe even play a few I have not got out of the sleeve in a long time. Lots of classic rock in that stack, including an unopened Street Survivors bought the day it came out before it was pulled to change the cover.

Oh my, an unopened first issue Skynyrd “Street Survivors”...!!!!! :geek:
And, yes, I remember when the plane crash happened. :(
Our high school class song was “Free Bird”.

donaldtoo

Really? I've tried Popeye's twice and always left unhappy. I just don't like the taste of the food. However, on a brighter note, I can now truthfully say that I think, as a country, we are back on the path to normalcy because I went to McDonalds today and got myself a McRib. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Yep, I don’t care what anyone else says, that darn McRib is THE BEST DARN fast-food item ever produced...I can’t pinpoint the reason why, exactly, but, it’s like fast-food crack to me...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hilarious:

54DB545E-10C1-4123-95D9-B6EB0FA53E6C.jpeg

donaldtoo

It must have been the weekend for car problems!!
Hubby’s Dad calls yesterday - says he is in trouble. (Everything is trouble these days according to him.) His car keys are stuck in the car and he can’t get them out. But, he can’t explain how they are stuck. ( he is 90 and mind is going) It takes us about 30 mts to get there so hubby calls a neighbor. 1 FIL doesn’t need to be driving at his age 2 he lied to hubby saying his Mom needed groceries so needed the car 3 hubby talked to Mom and she said she wasn’t out of anything 4 waited until 3:00 when he knew it all day🤦🏻‍♀️ Neighbor called and FIL had turned the front wheels so the key wouldn’t come out plus left the lights on. The groceries that were important—he ran out of snuff😡

Yep, that anti-theft steering wheel lock feature was put into, mostly, all American-made cars anyway, beginning in the early 70’s. Sometimes it binds when the steering wheel is left turned when you park...simply twisting the steering wheel a bit and gently turning the key has always worked for me in the older cars I’ve always driven...!!! :)

And, snuff...I haven’t partaken of any snuff, chew, etc. in in over 25 years...!!!!! :hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Serious question...
How would you know where something regarding one of his work projects is...?! :cyclops:
Or, are you in charge of gently waking him up for them...?!!!!! :hilarious:
Sometimes there are truly stupid calls that can be answered with did you look in the obvious spot. Other times it's can you wake him because he sleeps through his phone and sometimes the yucky road conditions calls go to my phone

donaldtoo

Alrighty gang, out for now, and a deadline to meet at the office tomorrow for a 10,000 sq. ft. home design in Nebraska now...who’d a thunk..?!?!?! :cyclops:
I’m beyond grateful for what we have, and wish all here the same blessings.
The last recession kicked our a$$es like you folks wouldn’t believe, but, we survived, and will again during this crazy damn-demic.
Sweet dreamin’/mornin’ to all gang...!!!!!
See y’alllllllllllllllllllll...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Lilofan

Yep, I don’t care what anyone else says, that darn McRib is THE BEST DARN fast-food item ever produced...I can’t pinpoint the reason why, exactly, but, it’s like fast-food crack to me...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hilarious:

View attachment 518002
It goes well with McD's fries. To get the freshest fries ask for an order of fries no salt. The employee has to fry a fresh batch just for you. When you get your order ask for a few packets of salt.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It goes well with McD's fries. To get the freshest fries ask for an order of fries no salt. The employee has to fry a fresh batch just for you. When you get your order ask for a few packets of salt.

You always have good food tips, and not just for places in the U.S. I get a kick out of when you reference another country sometimes, and you usually always include something about a food dish you love there, too! You have a global joy of food! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom