The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Both and they're not careful about cross contamination. Even the salad wouldn't be safe
I'm betting there are a lot of places that aren't real careful about cross contamination. We went to Dublin with a big group a few years ago, and we went to this restaurant...it was some sort of mongolian thing, I think? And it was basically this big rotating gridle/hot plate. So you went through and grabbed whatever meat vegetables and spices/sauces you wanted from a buffet, brought it to the hot plate, and people are standing all around it and the guys fry up your stuff as it rotates around and by the time it gets to the other side, it's done and they scoop it into a bowl and give it to you. But it doesn't get cleaned in between so whatever was in that spot before when you hand them your plate is going to get mixed in with yours, and the person's next to yours might leak through a bit. I saw someone's shrimp roll into the next person's food, and same with some carrot. I was thinking it would be a terrible place to go if you had an allergy. In my opinion, it was pretty bad anyway....the food had all fraternized, and it took so long to get from one side to the other that it was dry when you got it and it had pretty much every seasoning and sauce they had. It wasn't really what you chose. It didn't taste very good. I can't imagine it was safe for people with allergies. They supposedly had a separate hot plate for people with allergies, but if you do ALL the different things on that hot plate and people have different allergies, it doesn't help. Sure, you can take that person who doesn't eat pork and cook it on the other hotplate, but if someone else was allergic to onions and had their onion-free pork dish cooked on it, it's still had pork cooked on it, so it's not safe for the non-pork eater. You'd have to have a separate griddle thing for every ingredient...it just wouldn't work.

Goofyernmost

Nice...!!! :)
OK, I know you’re a big Beatles fan, and I see 2 albums in the first pic. Abbey Road is a no-brainer, but, even after a Google search, I can’t identify the one on the left...?! 🤔
That is an album I have never listen too. It is called "The Beatles.. Rock and Roll music (vol 2). I think it was some pirated thing that I bought with a bunch of junk at an auction once. It has a mix of things like "Drive my Car", "Revolution", "Back in the USSR", "Helter Skelter", "Get Back" and "Dizzy Miss LIzzy" among others. The jacket says that it is produced by George Martin, but it is recorded on a Parlophone?? label. I figure some day probably 50 years after I'm dead it might be worth something. Many of my Beatles albums were first edition and I checked them against pricing on Ebay and people were asking over $100.00 for the Abby Road album. I keep them mostly for decoration now as all my music is digitized which I like better anyway. The big unit above the albums is a Radio, Cassette Player and recorder and the very top is a turn table that actually still plays vinyl quite well. Probably because it is hardly ever used. My daughter gave me that stereo set up for Christmas somewhere in the range of 25 years ago.
Over time, it will cause them to warp.
I can understand not having them at an angle like the ones on the right side, but it seem counter intuitive to me that they would be more likely to warp laying flat with the weight of the rest of them on top. Is there any explanation concerning why they would be more likely to warp laying flat then upright? Just curious.

Goofyernmost

Popeye's seems to be the most popular chain around here
Really? I've tried Popeye's twice and always left unhappy. I just don't like the taste of the food. However, on a brighter note, I can now truthfully say that I think, as a country, we are back on the path to normalcy because I went to McDonalds today and got myself a McRib. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Really? I've tried Popeye's twice and always left unhappy. I just don't like the taste of the food. However, one a brighter note, I can now truthfully say that I think, as a country, we are back on the path to normalcy because I went to McDonalds today and got myself a McRib. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
I thought the rib went the way of the dinosaur. That being said I haven't been to the arches in.............................................................................................

Goofyernmost

I thought the rib went the way of the dinosaur. That being said I haven't been to the arches in.............................................................................................
No, it never went away. It is just to popular for that. However, it is seasonal and usually shows up in the fall around hunting time, but I was fairly sure that because of all the weird stuff going on they were going to skip it this year. I maybe have two a year, so it's not like I overdo it, but I do love them a lot.

wdwfan4ver

I have never experienced any allergy issues. Must be scary.
I take tell you the one of the local places made a huge screw up one my dad's order about 4 or 5 years ago and he was lucky he had stuff on him for just in case.

What happened the place a salad as a side and my dad has fish allergies. My dad ordered a salad without fish at the time and the employee added fish anyway. The server noticed that and took the fish off the salad, but the salad contaminated already.

StarWarsGirl

I understand that, but if you take away the politics, the food is excellent. Of course, they have never judged me so I don't have any personal feelings when I go there, just food.
Too bad it is not a place you can enjoy. I won't judge you for not going. Hope you won't hold it against me for continuing to enjoy their food.
What they don't have is a good allergy protocol;) The place is a giant cross contamination. Same reason we've never been to Via Napoli
That place is a quick trip to the ER for me;)
Same. Too many nut products.

Via Napoli I can do because they don't have a lot of what I'm allergic to. They actually caught a pineapple on my most recent order. I just don't get pizza with the rest of my family; I order my own food separately. But I haven't done the restaurants in Morocco for that reason. That might change now that Disney is taking over.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We decorated gingerbread houses today! We bought a kit in clearance after Christmas last year so it was really cheap and a fun activity. We never planned to eat them so expiration dates didn’t matter.

anyway here they are. The kit came with four houses so we each did two. Please vote on which set of two you like best!

B01BA615-E651-4377-A8F6-B9A7754EB6F4.jpegB912383B-BF9E-424D-9FE4-6454C41C065B.jpeg

Here is the picture of all four.
4983009E-BC9B-41A6-9A1C-AAFF4D4800E8.jpeg4EBC6B1A-E48A-4074-907F-661158F255BA.jpegED4C9430-DAEC-4CE5-BBF4-9C5E43A307DE.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom