The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I use my processor more. I make a batch or several of hummus every week, I have half way decent knife skills so I don't use it for "small" batch slicing but it's convenient for grating carrots, beets etc. I'd get what you'd use more or make your life easier in general

I'm leaning towards a hand mixer because the only things I really would make with it is cookie dough and maybe whipped cream or frosting. But then I second guess myself like "but maybe I WOULD make hummus if I had a food processor..."

I probably wouldn't though

wdwfan4ver

Dh has a boom box in the garage that plays cassettes, a functioning Atari with cartridges, some actual as in older than @Goofyernmost antique hand tools, there's a Game Boy no color in the house, a boxes of computer parts some may date back to the stone age, I have a couple of curling irons that were purchased after older ds was born but before James (they work no need to upgrade) @StarWarsGirl you really should rethink the garage;)
I know what you are referring to a functioning Atari with Cartridges. I have plenty of Atari game cartridges that are from the 1970s and 1980s. I first got into video games in the 1980s. I have a lot video game systems and games. My first 2 video game systems ever were Atari and Intellivision.

I still play Atari cartridges at times and people actually still develop new games for old Atari game systems to this day. I don't have the 2600 anymore, but I have stuff that play those old Atari games. I have a Atari 7800 that is backward compatible to most old Atari 2600/Atari video computer games. I have an intellivision II and I have a cartridge adapter for the Intellivision ii that plays Atari 2600 games.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I'm leaning towards a hand mixer because the only things I really would make with it is cookie dough and maybe whipped cream or frosting. But then I second guess myself like "but maybe I WOULD make hummus if I had a food processor..."

I probably wouldn't though
You sound like me, lol.
I have scissors for every need! Paper, fabric, card stock, wire, kitchen shears, bonsai shears, and my super tiny sewing scissors for when I do cross-stitch!

Goofyernmost

Dh has a boom box in the garage that plays cassettes, a functioning Atari with cartridges, some actual as in older than @Goofyernmost antique hand tools, there's a Game Boy no color in the house, a boxes of computer parts some may date back to the stone age, I have a couple of curling irons that were purchased after older ds was born but before James (they work no need to upgrade) @StarWarsGirl you really should rethink the garage;)
OK, now that one actually hurt a little. I lent all my hand tools to a guy down the street, Noah something. Then we had all that rain, and I never saw him again, so he never returned them. If it weren't for that tall tree in my yard, I wouldn't have made it through. I swear that was as bad a year as 2020. Everything was wet, mold everywhere and both of my cats (Gladys and Heathcliff) disappeared just before the rain started.

ImperfectPixie

OK, now that one actually hurt a little. I lent all my hand tools to a guy down the street, Noah something. Then we had all that rain, and I never saw him again, so he never returned them. If it weren't for that tall tree in my yard, I wouldn't have made it through. I swear that was as bad a year as 2020. Everything was wet, mold everywhere and both of my cats (Gladys and Heathcliff) disappeared just before the rain started.
I've lost some good stuff because of lending...to the point that I don't like to at all. Hubby thinks it makes me a jerk. I think it lets me keep stuff I paid for, use, and appreciate having.

Songbird76

I haven't either according to memory.

I can tell you that this year thanksgiving will be have Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, Peas & carrots, stuffing, cranberry sauce and Hawaiian rolls for sure. Pumpkin pie for dessert.
I can't get turkey here without going to a special poultry butcher and paying an arm and a leg for something only my daughter and I will eat. So we are getting a chicken instead, Steak for my husband, and not sure what for my son. Then I'll do mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, rolls, and probably a pumpkin pie for myself and E, and some store bought tiramisu for my husband, and who knows what for my son.

MySmallWorldof4

This reminded me, for some reason... 🤷‍♂️
Had a bunch of blood work done Tuesday mornin’ for the first time in a while.
Had a video appointment with my doc at 8:45a yesterday.
My cholesterol was a little high at 208, but, as per usual, the good cholesterol far offset the bad, so no red flag there.
All my other numbers were great, but, she did comment @MySmallWorldof4 that my vitamin D was at 78, and suggested I back off from 10,000 IU per day to 5,000.
I’ve researched so many good things about vitamin D in regards to protecting against cancer, COVID , general immune system boost. etc.
The optimal numbers I’ve researched that I’ve seen are between 30-100, and I’ve not read about any negative side affects at the higher levels.
would love to hear your feedback, as I know you’ve researched vitamin D extensively...!!! :)
My doctor says it should be above 60 for cancer prevention, so I say you are pretty good. Actually he was happy with an 80.

MySmallWorldof4

A friend of mine from the northeast always told me it was pronounced “Lawn-g-eye-lant (Longilant)...!!!!! :hilarious:
Having technically grown up on Long Island, as Queens County is on Long Island, I apparently I pronounced it as Lon-Gisland. I never thought I was pronouncing it weird. Spoke fast I guess. When I say it now, I try and pause after the “g”. Maybe they should have just called it Fish Island instead. I always thought it looked like a fish. 😉

MySmallWorldof4

Mine included finding out the bowl for my food processor can't be replaced anywhere for any price for the gazillionth time over the past year or 2. That's about an hour of my life I'll never get back:banghead: The handle has been duck taped so many times that I can't count how many and at this point I'm certain it's completely shot. The guys have several ideas for what they can do with the motor (send wine thnx) The unit is pre kiddos so I shouldn't be as upset as I am but I am:cry::cry::cry: I have a cheapie back up and it "works" but is limited and smaller than is required in my kitchen. At least the outer shell and some parts can be recycled Sorry for the rant
I miss the Cuisinart I took from my parents house. Bought a replacement when it died. They don’t make them the same.

MySmallWorldof4

I'll play my food processor was older than @StarWarsGirl, my dh has a table saw about her age. Everything else is younger. I have a really cheap Black Friday hand mixer that's as old as James:eek: My old stand mixer that got passed down when we upgraded is her ageish and still going. My mother in law's stand mixer is almost 10 years older than her
I got nothing older then her but myself, as I have only been married for 21 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom