News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

Also, EF is able to run with Harmonious Barges in places.

That’s what I thought, they are only getting the barges ready to become WS’s new fountain and not actually to debut Harmonious anytime soon?

Leaves me wondering.... can/will the Harmonious barges be used in EF?

Zipadeelady

chelsea peretti eye roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

You guys are killing me. Doom and gloom

I'm excited to see the fountains.

jrhwdw

That’s what I thought, they are only getting the barges ready to become WS’s new fountain and not actually to debut Harmonious anytime soon?

Leaves me wondering.... can/will the Harmonious barges be used in EF?
Don't get me wrong, it would be nice but, put Fountains in EF this late in the game?? How much life does EF really have between COVID and Harm?

With all of Harm and EF out in WSL, would the viewing angles for EF be thrown off or can EF's barges stay in it's original places with everything out in WSL?

TTA94

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice but, put Fountains in EF this late in the game?? How much life does EF really have between COVID and Harm?

With all of Harm and EF out in WSL, would the viewing angles for EF be thrown off or can EF's barges stay in it's original places with everything out in WSL?

Might also say would adding Harms large barges potentially improve EF and its popularity, causing Harm to be pushed off for another year or so.

jrhwdw

Might also say would adding Harms large barges potentially improve EF and its popularity, causing Harm to be pushed off for another year or so.
Interesting thought for sure! Though, IDK how long people can live with EF's Finale....I can but I'm just one person...

IveBeenJack

So the question is will the operation of the fountain feature interfere with the operation of Friendship Boats across the Lagoon? Also will they be anchored permanently in place, or will the be stored around the back at night, and moved after park close, and then brought out into the lagoon before the rest of World Showcase opens in the morning.

Just wondering if this means we'll never get a clear shot across the lagoon of American Adventure. Also the concept art is deceptive, I almost guarantee you'll be able to see more of the black steel frames than is illustrated.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 11.36.14 pm copy.jpg

Disney Analyst

I guess best way to think about this, they are essentially installing a permanent fountain into World Showcase Lagoon. I am curious if it will just run constant during the day like any fountain, or if will turn on and off with day shows?

I assume they want to mask the infrastructure during the day so my best guess is it's just constantly on in one set mode.

trainplane3

So the question is will the operation of the fountain feature interfere with the operation of Friendship Boats across the Lagoon? Also will they be anchored permanently in place, or will the be stored around the back at night, and moved after park close, and then brought out into the lagoon before the rest of World Showcase opens in the morning.

Just wondering if this means we'll never get a clear shot across the lagoon of American Adventure. Also the concept art is deceptive, I almost guarantee you'll be able to see more of the black steel frames than is illustrated.

View attachment 514554
I doubt it'll interrupt the boats:
Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 11.36.14 pm copy.jpg

@marni1971 seems to have been hinting for the past few months they'll be anchored for good but now it looks like Disney confirmed that.

They got those two large pusher-style boats. You can load a lot of fireworks up on those and restock in the lagoon.

TTA94

Based on the concept art for the daytime view, it looks like the barges will be closer together than in show mode? I know concept art isn’t the most accurate.

TTA94

Close up pics of the middle of the “fins”. Looks impressive... and the gears for the rotating arms! Also looks like a high risk of technical failures lol.

the.dreamfinder

I guess best way to think about this, they are essentially installing a permanent fountain into World Showcase Lagoon. I am curious if it will just run constant during the day like any fountain, or if will turn on and off with day shows?

I assume they want to mask the infrastructure during the day so my best guess is it's just constantly on in one set mode.
Well, it didn’t work out well for the wave machine in the Seven Seas Lagoon.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

What beats me is why they used barges. World of Color floats up during showtime and sinks during the day. I think the LED screens are stupid when you have most screens or fins that sing and have projections on them. You know when those LED screens start to glitch out and loose sections Epcot is going to leave it like that for a long time like they have in the past and like clockwork there going to let this hardware fall apart.

LastoneOn

What beats me is why they used barges. World of Color floats up during showtime and sinks during the day. I think the LED screens are stupid when you have most screens or fins that sing and have projections on them. You know when those LED screens start to glitch out and loose sections Epcot is going to leave it like that for a long time like they have in the past and like clockwork there going to let this hardware fall apart.
You make no sense. Apples to oranges. With the pessimistic view you might as well plan your last trip and get it over with.

NelsonRD

The LED screens provide a greater resolution, and provide near 360 degree viewing, while the projections are low resolution, only have about 120 degree viewing, and cannot be seen from behind. Using the LED displays, you will be able to see the show from around world showcase, opposed to fighting for head on view. The LED screen are lowest on my list of issues.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Well 2020 just keeps getting worse! Let's park these stupid fountain things in the middle of the lagoon so we can.....block some view of the GotG box, block out AA???, hide Soaring from Norway... Really disappointing but Marni atleast dropped hints softening the blow.

How many years before we start clamoring for this to be taken down like the wand? 2...4...6???

Just bring back the late 1980s early 1990s Illuminations over this garbage
Funny thing about world showcase lagoon being a circle. If something blocks your view, just walk a little further and there it is!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom