• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

NelsonRD

What beats me is why they used barges. World of Color floats up during showtime and sinks during the day. I think the LED screens are stupid when you have most screens or fins that sing and have projections on them. You know when those LED screens start to glitch out and loose sections Epcot is going to leave it like that for a long time like they have in the past and like clockwork there going to let this hardware fall apart.

The LED screens provide a greater resolution, and provide near 360 degree viewing, while the projections are low resolution, only have about 120 degree viewing, and cannot be seen from behind. Using the LED displays, you will be able to see the show from around world showcase, opposed to fighting for head on view. The LED screen are lowest on my list of issues.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Well 2020 just keeps getting worse! Let's park these stupid fountain things in the middle of the lagoon so we can.....block some view of the GotG box, block out AA???, hide Soaring from Norway... Really disappointing but Marni atleast dropped hints softening the blow.

How many years before we start clamoring for this to be taken down like the wand? 2...4...6???

Just bring back the late 1980s early 1990s Illuminations over this garbage
Funny thing about world showcase lagoon being a circle. If something blocks your view, just walk a little further and there it is!

Thelazer

What beats me is why they used barges. World of Color floats up during showtime and sinks during the day. I think the LED screens are stupid when you have most screens or fins that sing and have projections on them. You know when those LED screens start to glitch out and loose sections Epcot is going to leave it like that for a long time like they have in the past and like clockwork there going to let this hardware fall apart.

Had the barges come out only at night and then gone back it would have been okay.
This idea of leaving all show hardware out in the lagoon, I suspect is more a cost saving measure than anything else.

I also suspect it's going to look horrible with bird poop on it (ask Universal about that)

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Had the barges come out only at night and then gone back it would have been okay.
This idea of leaving all show hardware out in the lagoon, I suspect is more a cost saving measure than anything else.

I also suspect it's going to look horrible with bird poop on it (ask Universal about that)
It seems that the fountains will be on all day... self-cleaning!!

HauntedMansionFLA

Curious. They prepped the land to build this attraction. What do they do with the area after the barges are floated out into the lagoon till 2040 ( if you go by the timeline of the previous show ) ??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom