Indiana Jones Land?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can you shed some light on what may have been?
Indiana Jones mini land where the animation building is, or an EMV style ride adjacent to the stunt show (but not a direct Anaheim clone). Temple of Peril was mentioned as a quick and easy add on too.

Later proposal was something Indy in DAK. The magnetic boats were mentioned for this.

Furiated

Indiana Jones mini land where the animation building is, or an EMV style ride adjacent to the stunt show (but not a direct Anaheim clone). Temple of Peril was mentioned as a quick and easy add on too.

Later proposal was something Indy in DAK. The magnetic boats were mentioned for this.

Out of curiosity, why were they going to do an EMV style ride but NOT clone the DL one?

I mean, more originality is better, just seems like it would have been a weird choice for them.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

Indy Boats for DHS never an option? The best case seemed to be an Indy expansion in DHS. Sounded like a real winner. Bummer. Hope they revisit it. Never liked the DAK connection; seemed like a reach. Was "Indy vs Dinosaurs" ever based on fact or just fan speculation?

Last edited:

Movielover

Was "Indy vs Dinosaurs" ever based on fact or just fan speculation?
It was a novel.
1602893006081.png

rle4lunch

They could re-theme Star Tours to Indy Tours??

I was kinda thinking this would be the route they took if the scrapped doing the Indy layover of Dinoland. Makes fiscal sense. And I will say the latest iteration with Star Tours where you land in water, they've really done well on simulating the waves and such. I really think they could pull off a multi-themed simulator, to include some sort of flying scene with the Nazi's, the boat ride in India, or the mine cars.. They could have a 'greatest hits' kinda ride with exploring all the different chase scenarios that Indy's been in.

and... here's the kicker.... it'd be (b)millions cheaper than razing the area and building something entirely new. Now, put in some sort of coaster next door where the stunt show lives, coupled with a simulator ride.. You've got the default 2 ride mini-land that Disney thinks is the new norm....

SplashJacket

Certain updates and differences would have distinguished it from the other 2 versions. They had a few new tricks to try.
If you don’t mind me asking, and if you’re not able to say no worries; essentially, don’t feel obligated to respond to all or any of my questions.

Would the Animation Building Mini Land have included a ride?

Would the Mini Land have included the reconfiguring or retheme of RRC?

Would the DAK boat ride have been an E?

You mentioned the DAK ride being a later proposal, so would that have been the most likely to come to fruition?

Where would the DAK Indy have been added?

What was the level of thought put into the lands? Blue sky, awaiting budget allocation, etc.

If it was a later stage of development what was the time table? Mid 2020s?

Unfortunately it is pretty evident that nothing is going to happen in the near future, but is the project something that could resurrect for the late 2020s given a strong economic recovery?

I must acknowledge my greed. Marni is a gift and I am asking much.

LastoneOn

The Indy era has passed, certainly not enough interest anymore for a land. It would kind of just be an IP focused "adventure land" anyway. The world has become too easily offended (well, some very terrifying segments of it) for a true Indy era land - requires villains of the time period, and that's a no no. Could see a ride, hopefully not just a clone of DL ride, which is fun. New transport tech, something Gringot's maybe, who knows.

Can we come up with something original??? Something that requires true imagination?

IMHO

J4546

Id like to see a massive MK expansion with a treasure cove area west of the park where the harbor is that has a new pirates ride...a clone of whats in shanghai, and use the old pirates area and expansion plot south of it as an indiana jones theme adventure land expansion with a coaster like tokyo and an indoor like california dl.

ppete1975

With everything the way it is, it is so brutally obvious how reliant on shows DHS is. The park is a mess right now. The more rides added, the better. They should consider an Indy land a MUST when the crowds begin to pick up. That park needs all it can get.
What would it be like without ge? I know there are haters but if covid hits earlier we dont have mmrrc (or movie ride) and ge not completed.. maybe not even toy story ( i cant remember when everything opened and im lazy right now). But i think indys time has passed. But im 45. How do tge under 30s to teenagers feel about the franchise?

cheezbat

What would it be like without ge? I know there are haters but if covid hits earlier we dont have mmrrc (or movie ride) and ge not completed.. maybe not even toy story ( i cant remember when everything opened and im lazy right now). But i think indys time has passed. But im 45. How do tge under 30s to teenagers feel about the franchise?
The park would be an absolute joke right now without the current recent additions. I couldn’t even imagine...

Indiana Jones May not be as popular as he was 30 years ago, but the rides they’ve created based on him are timeless...and an awesome ride is an awesome ride.
Disneyland’s Indy ride is still my favorite ride in that park....even 25 years later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom