The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
My son, daughter in law and granddaughters (6 and 8) will be waking up at CBR this morning. They did not tell the girls where they were going so when they wake up it will be a complete surprise they are in WDW. Wish I could be a fly on the wall to see and hear their reaction. Shannon(mom) brought costumes and they will all be dressed for Halloween. I am so jealous
I would have never gotten away with that. James planned a SWW and knew which ADRs to make when before he started school

ImperfectPixie

I would have never gotten away with that. James planned a SWW and knew which ADRs to make when before he started school
We wouldn't either...our boys are too familiar with the steps it takes us to get to WDW. The last time we were able to trick them, we told them an old family friend had died after moving to Florida, so we had to go to the funeral and WERE NOT going to WDW.

We told them where we were really going at MCO while we were letting them play in that play area, lol.

Songbird76

She hid the gun in the planter inside a pink purse, then went to get her brother to bring it back to the car (he may have been in line at security?), leaving the child to watch the purse. That's what I'm worried about, too.
So she wasn't intending to bring it into the parks? Why didn't she take it back to the car herself? The whole thing makes no sense....why have it hidden in the purse if you are wanting to take it back to the car? Why bring it in the first place? It doesn't add up.

ImperfectPixie

So she wasn't intending to bring it into the parks? Why didn't she take it back to the car herself? The whole thing makes no sense....why have it hidden in the purse if you are wanting to take it back to the car? Why bring it in the first place? It doesn't add up.
I don't know but that's what the article I read said. Maybe she didn't know there'd be no way to get it through security? The planter was basically within sight of the security checks...someone from security saw the child and went over to check on them, and found the purse.

Songbird76

We Don't Want to Name it in this Thread because the mods have blocked it and it's address. It appears like a curse word if you try to reference it.
Wow....that seems extreme...to censor out a website name. How does one avoid misinformation if we don't know what sites are reputable and which are known for false info?

Songbird76

My son, daughter in law and granddaughters (6 and 8) will be waking up at CBR this morning. They did not tell the girls where they were going so when they wake up it will be a complete surprise they are in WDW. Wish I could be a fly on the wall to see and hear their reaction. Shannon(mom) brought costumes and they will all be dressed for Halloween. I am so jealous
Oh I'm so jealous! How much fun! Well, we would never be able to do the surprise thing, because A can't handle surprises. But just to be in WDW!!!

Songbird76

I don't know but that's what the article I read said. Maybe she didn't know there'd be no way to get it through security? The planter was basically within sight of the security checks...someone from security saw the child and went over to check on them, and found the purse.
I feel like we need an eye roll emoji in the reactions. Wow. I don't know what to think...it just doesn't add up, because if she got there and realized she couldn't bring it in, the thing to do is to just take it back to the car. And until you get to your turn at security, they have no way of knowing what's in the bag...so she had no reason to hide it in the planter. If she'd just turned around, or gone to her brother (maybe he had the keys) with the bag on her shoulder, they'd have never known the difference. I don't understand why she hid it, and why she put her kid in charge of it. For me, I'm not letting my child out of my sight at Disneyworld...at least not at 6 years old. So for her to tell the kid to watch it while she goes somewhere else is already pretty dumb even if it WASN'T a loaded gun, but it also just doesn't make sense to hide it at all if you are not intending to try to get it past security. There's no reason why it would be a problem to take it back to the car when no one can see what's in the bag. It sounds to me like that's just an excuse and not true.

ImperfectPixie

I feel like we need an eye roll emoji in the reactions. Wow. I don't know what to think...it just doesn't add up, because if she got there and realized she couldn't bring it in, the thing to do is to just take it back to the car. And until you get to your turn at security, they have no way of knowing what's in the bag...so she had no reason to hide it in the planter. If she'd just turned around, or gone to her brother (maybe he had the keys) with the bag on her shoulder, they'd have never known the difference. I don't understand why she hid it, and why she put her kid in charge of it. For me, I'm not letting my child out of my sight at Disneyworld...at least not at 6 years old. So for her to tell the kid to watch it while she goes somewhere else is already pretty dumb even if it WASN'T a loaded gun, but it also just doesn't make sense to hide it at all if you are not intending to try to get it past security. There's no reason why it would be a problem to take it back to the car when no one can see what's in the bag. It sounds to me like that's just an excuse and not true.
Think about it though...she left a loaded gun...with one in the chamber...in the care of a 6-year-old child. Clearly this isn't a rational person.

John park hopper

We wouldn't either...our boys are too familiar with the steps it takes us to get to WDW. The last time we were able to trick them, we told them an old family friend had died after moving to Florida, so we had to go to the funeral and WERE NOT going to WDW.

We told them where we were really going at MCO while we were letting them play in that play area, lol.
They drove down late at night and the girls slept in the SUV and are heavy sleepers so they could get them in the room without them knowing where they were. Shannon kept everything a secret and told them they were going to a fall festival. After this i don't think they will be able to surprise them again.

Songbird76

Think about it though...she left a loaded gun...with one in the chamber...in the care of a 6-year-old child. Clearly this isn't a rational person.
That's true....she can't be mentally competent! You don't leave your 6 year old alone at Disney, and you don't leave a loaded gun either unattended, or attended by a child. I'm just appalled by the whole situation. And apparently she wasn't even licensed to conceal carry, so just for her to have it in the bag in the first place was illegal. Just poor judgement and bad decisions all over the place. I guess it's true what they say...you can't make sense out of nonsense.

John park hopper

That's true....she can't be mentally competent! You don't leave your 6 year old alone at Disney, and you don't leave a loaded gun either unattended, or attended by a child. I'm just appalled by the whole situation. And apparently she wasn't even licensed to conceal carry, so just for her to have it in the bag in the first place was illegal. Just poor judgement and bad decisions all over the place. I guess it's true what they say...you can't make sense out of nonsense.
I hope child welfare does an investigation as well as being charged carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. I posted earlier even with a permit WDW parks it is irresponsible to take to the parks

Songbird76

I looked up more articles. She was caught on video hiding the purse. A temperature check CM saw her take something from the stroller and put it in the planter before walking through the metal detector and alerted security, who went and looked and found the gun. After the woman went through the security check, she went back to the planter and told the officer "Ma'am, that's mine." She told them the kid put it in the planter...she said she had given it to the child to hold while she went to get her brother and to stay right there, but he put it down and messed with the plants and she didn't know he had put it there. But they had watched her put it in the plants herself, so obviously she was lying about that. When they asked why she'd give a loaded gun to her child, she said that she was going to get her brother to take it back to the car and told the kid to hold it. And once she got through the metal detector, she went to grab the bag, so she obviously wasn't really going to get her brother.

But, she's being charged, DCF was contacted about the child being present at the incident, and she has been banned from all Disney property, so that's good. But I'm pretty sure her entire story is bunk. She was trying to get it into the park and got caught.

ImperfectPixie

I looked up more articles. She was caught on video hiding the purse. A temperature check CM saw her take something from the stroller and put it in the planter before walking through the metal detector and alerted security, who went and looked and found the gun. After the woman went through the security check, she went back to the planter and told the officer "Ma'am, that's mine." She told them the kid put it in the planter...she said she had given it to the child to hold while she went to get her brother and to stay right there, but he put it down and messed with the plants and she didn't know he had put it there. But they had watched her put it in the plants herself, so obviously she was lying about that. When they asked why she'd give a loaded gun to her child, she said that she was going to get her brother to take it back to the car and told the kid to hold it. And once she got through the metal detector, she went to grab the bag, so she obviously wasn't really going to get her brother.

But, she's being charged, DCF was contacted about the child being present at the incident, and she has been banned from all Disney property, so that's good. But I'm pretty sure her entire story is bunk. She was trying to get it into the park and got caught.
More than likely, you're right. You can't fix stupid.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

A lot of women that CCW in their purse forget the gun is even there. That's one of the biggest reasons I hate when people do this. A lot of people who ccw are so used to it that they forget about it going through security checks. It makes no sense though not to wear the purse like a normal human, walk up to brother and whisper in his ear, then everyone leave the security line. They wouldn't have known. Leaving a six year old with a chambered round is how so many kids die every year.

I hope child welfare does an investigation as well as being charged carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. I posted earlier even with a permit WDW parks it is irresponsible to take to the parks

The Parks prohibit guns so even with a ccw it's illegal to bring one in. Not just irresponsible

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom