News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

castlecake2.0

I don't know. What did people do before when it had always looked like that?

View attachment 500003

That’s what I was saying, before people never really needed to look at it because it was tucked away in a quiet corner, but now with the new entrance over here this wall is going to have a lot more opportunity to be noticed. But sometimes they just hope you don’t see it, like this big wall behind Cheshire, and maybe that’s what they’re going for here too.
8265DF27-0F03-4140-9B7D-E78D095476A5.jpeg

Sir_Cliff

That’s what I was saying, before people never really needed to look at it because it was tucked away in a quiet corner, but now with the new entrance over here this wall is going to have a lot more opportunity to be noticed. But sometimes they just hope you don’t see it, like this big wall behind Cheshire, and maybe that’s what they’re going for here too.View attachment 500008
Compared to DLR and DLP, I've always felt WDW (and particularly Magic Kingdom) is surprisingly full of these types of exposed bare walls. The backs of the Main Street USA facades were also always visible from certain angles.

I don't think this example in the France Pavilion would really register with many people as an exposed, un-themed wall.

_caleb

Sure, but generally bare wall warehouses aren't attached to old residential buildings. They're in a different part of the city.
Also, not sure they're going for realism. Probably more like an idealized representation. In that sense, the bare walls stick out--it wasn't the product of years of development, it was literally built from the ground up for a theme park. Unthemed elements stick out.

nickys

Premium Member
I thought a 2021 opening was the standing rumor/inside info
There are two factions kind of fighting on Rat’s opening. Burbank wants 2021 (probably Spring), while TDO (and especially Epcot leadership) wants it in time for the holiday season.

The local thought being that Epcot could use a draw to pull people to it from the other parks (3 day vacationers seem to leave off Epcot More than any other park), and give it a bit of extra capacity.

Corporate sees holding Rat and promoting the crud out of it next year will drive attendance to the resort as a whole the most when held until 2021 when more restrictions are (hopefully) lifted.

Rose&Crown

I haven’t posted much since I was riding the Parisian version this morning.

Don’t expect this cousin to open this year as things stand.

You might be able to say but I wonder what would cause such a delay. It remains very close to being done but again we have no idea what the inside is like.

I’d assume it’s about hiring and training.

_caleb

You might be able to say but I wonder what would cause such a delay. It remains very close to being done but again we have no idea what the inside is like.

Also about spacing out the official opening of new attractions for the marketing value of having a steady drip of new things opening instead of "wasting" it by opening everything at once during low-capacity COVID times.

Rose&Crown

Also about spacing out the official opening of new attractions for the marketing value of having a steady drip of new things opening instead of "wasting" it by opening everything at once during low-capacity COVID times.
That makes sense as well. Wonder if they’ll open the gate and the crepe shop first or keep the whole area closed off until the ride is operational.

Hopefully with this delay they can repaint the blue building lol.

Sir_Cliff

We’ve felt very safe. Cast crack down on mask violations - and we’ve seen maybe a dozen in three days total. The ride seems very popular still although the parks aren’t that busy at all. It’s one party per ratmobile at the moment.
Tempted to take a trip to DLP, but increasingly feeling that I've missed my chance with coronavirus cases soaring where I live in the Netherlands and also in Paris.

Do you get the sense that there are many tourists there these days? Particularly considering Spain is also going through a rough time right now, I'm finding it hard to imagine who would be there other than Parisians.

nickys

Premium Member

Martin has said that training is an issue before.

But also, you see @Magic Feather ’s post I quoted on this page? It sums it all up pretty well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tempted to take a trip to DLP, but increasingly feeling that I've missed my chance with coronavirus cases soaring where I live in the Netherlands and also in Paris.

Do you get the sense that there are many tourists there these days? Particularly considering Spain is also going through a rough time right now, I'm finding it hard to imagine who would be there other than Parisians.
Without going off topic too much, there’s a noticeable lack of guests in the week. Weekends are busier but not rammed. Four of the six hotels are closed. It’s a great experience for those who make it - albeit we have to quarantine for two weeks returning to the UK. We heard maybe a half dozen British accents so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom