***SAVE FIGMENT***

FettFan

Original Poster
According to the folks at Blog Mickey, Figment be getting a redesign, and a look at the new model was featured on The Disney+ series “One Day At Disney”.

A7FB5F2C-BC69-43A2-A6CE-048909D062A1.jpeg

E6DA4F92-38BC-4EEE-8BE3-D1D16A983F8F.jpeg

If this is actually true, it might be the final tipping point to prevent me from ever visiting WDW again. That’s the point where I’m just DONE.

I’d rather see Figment scrapped altogether instead of being given such a drastic redesign.

source: https://blogmickey.com/2020/09/new-look-for-figment-previewed-in-one-day-at-disney-short-on-disney/

Attachments

• 17DAEA3E-DC0A-4FFE-8C8A-604624FED78D.jpeg
    17DAEA3E-DC0A-4FFE-8C8A-604624FED78D.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 254

DoleWhipDrea

I don’t think they’re actually going with any of the design variations. The sculpture that looks like traditional Figment was the newest one, prominently featured from the beginning of the short, and shown in progress being made by the artist, which indicates to me that the final ruling of feedback was that Figment shouldn’t be redesigned. You hear the artist and VP talking about the designs, and referring to meetings with both Parks reps and the filmmakers.

DisneyDebRob

With the combination of boneheaded corporate decisions and insane price increases, Im increasingly thinking I’d be much happier spending a couple of weeks touring Europe instead of five days at WDW.
When they let us back in that is.🙂

By the way that figment model is horrible.

WDW862

With the combination of boneheaded corporate decisions and insane price increases, Im increasingly thinking I’d be much happier spending a couple of weeks touring Europe instead of five days at WDW.
Anyone who solely goes to Disney is whack anyways.

They ruined figment decades ago, why are you just now at the "tipping point".

No Name

Figment looks kind of ugly in my opinion and could use a redesign. A redesign, if anything, signals that some folks are interested in extending the character’s appeal rather than letting him die out through nostalgia. And that should be looked upon positively.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom