On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Similar no. Both bad for different reasons. Is it wrong to think we'll recover from this as we have in the past or should we all just give up?

Obviously the poster believes its the end of all things. If that's the case, then why even bother posting? Just go ahead and lay down and wait for the end.

Miss Bella

Obviously the poster believes its the end of all things. If that's the case, then why even bother posting? Just go ahead and lay down and wait for the end.
In 2005 I was prepared to learn how to grow my own food and hunt for my food. I knew the house of cards was going to collapse. In 2008 we were apparently hours from it, but alas they bailed out the banks and the world kept churning. I don't keep up with things like I did back then. The doom and gloom forums will mess with your mind. That being said I don't get the sense of impending doom that I did back then. I'm not seeing it where I live.

You know the saying "it's a recession when your neighbors get laid off and it's a depression when you get laid off". If I lived in my Orlando I would probably think the sky in falling.

Miss Bella

I think its just fatigue at this point. I can honestly say though, that this thread and the opinions of many posters here have certainly made me think twice and at least consider another opinion then I was considering.
Now that I've taken my trip people screaming at me that WDW should be shut down doesn't make my blood boil as it used too. I stay off cruise critic and other cruise forums.....I just can't right now. My trip to WDW last month was my first vacation in 10 years that didn't involve getting on a ship. I miss it a lot.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Now that I've taken my trip people screaming at me that WDW should be shut down doesn't make my blood boil as it used too. I stay off cruise critic and other cruise forums.....I just can't right now. My trip to WDW last month was my first vacation in 10 years that didn't involve getting on a ship. I miss it a lot.
I was to set sail in October for my first DCL vacation, and I'm pretty crushed we can't. I'll go to a park for a day later this week for quick 1 day trip, but its not going to be the same.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We should’ve set sail 2 weeks on Saturday. Fingers crossed for next September now.

GoneViral

Governor DeSantis of FL has extended the eviction ban again. It has now been extended to Oct 1. This will surely assist the many impacted that cannot meet their monthly rent or mortgage payments.

About that...

celluloid

By the end of next week, I am told fifteen percent of the company world wide(just to clarify it is not just WDW or DL) will not be working.
The grain of salt I take it with is smaller because of how right this person's info was about other things.
I don't know for certain. I am not here to prove anything. Just passing along the info.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom