News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
D0256246-7FA4-44B6-BDEA-3EB0EC8B2294.jpeg

I never actually noticed these photos above the splash gift shop counter until this week.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
FWIW, Laughing Place and Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah are still going strong at WDW (along with limited edition Splash Mountain merchandise). So far, it's just California that has been affected. No changes whatsoever at WDW to indicate a re-theme is imminent.
I'm pretty sure the only thing regarding a WDW retheme is the article, 2 months ago, and the blurb on the website

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I'm still holding out hope that the Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain, at least, is spared. It would still suck to lose Disneyland's, but still...

I just think that in order to do it right, there would need to be so much more added to WDW's Splash e.g. a mini land to support it. Pretty sure TDO is backpedaling. I still think it will happen (unfortunately, IMO) but they're probably just weighing their options; now that they know it's not an easy IP-swap like what was pitched to Anaheim. (subjective)

Touchdown

Also, I’ll again reiterate it also isn’t like a new ride where they can just build two of everything. DL and WDW Splash are not copies of each other, while they share main features the environment and animatronics (as well as their staging) are very different from each other. While you will be able to reuse some parts on both coasts, you are going to have to design the ride twice.

It how we kept our ToT, and it may save Splash.

Surferboy567

The site that shall not be named is reporting that Hallmark has cancelled the release of a Mickey Mouse ornament that plays “Zip-a-de-do-dah”.

It’s either Hallmark or Disney (or both) are really serious about wiping this off the map not even in the parks anymore.

I realize it’s a small thing but found it interesting enough to share. Given the purge of the song.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Uh, because WDW is opened and those are the only things we know about the retheme? Rides still open, music is still there, merchandise is still selling. It’ll be that way until it’s not.
Also everything we've seen indicated that Disneyland is getting rid of SoTS faster. ZaDD being removed, the possibility of Splash not reopen, and also just how much easier it'd be to yank Splash to switch it out

Brer Oswald

Also everything we've seen indicated that Disneyland is getting rid of SoTS faster. ZaDD being removed, the possibility of Splash not reopen, and also just how much easier it'd be to yank Splash to switch it out
It’s mostly the last point you made. Disneyland isn’t as dependent on Splash as Magic Kingdom is. Disneyland also has far less projects on the near horizon as Florida does.

Surferboy567

Sure, but WDW could do the same in a matter of hours if they wanted too. It’s not hard to start yanking zip out. The merch is a little more tricky.

I don’t think their is any way they are both going to remain. Given how serious they are taking this.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
It’s mostly the last point you made. Disneyland isn’t as dependent on Splash as Magic Kingdom is. Disneyland also has far less projects on the near horizon as Florida does.
Given about half of EPCOT is ripped up. I'm also guessing Disneyland will be the sort of "lab rat" (not sure if that's the right term) for the retheme, kinda like the original and how they altered Tokyo and WDW off DL's Splash

Touchdown

As they continue to rip out Zip-a-dee-doo-dah in Anaheim, it just occurred to me that it is a major part of the fab five’s PTN float music. If they are going to keep using that parade that means they either need to re-record it or send it to a park still allowed to use that music...

GimpYancIent

As they continue to rip out Zip-a-dee-doo-dah in Anaheim, it just occurred to me that it is a major part of the fab five’s PTN float music. If they are going to keep using that parade that means they either need to re-record it or send it to a park still allowed to use that music...
Now we are making some sense. Personally I would like to see PTN at WDW.

Brer Panther

Sooooooooooo, what happened to all that stuff about Iger and Chapek feuding over whether or not to retheme Splash Mountain, and Chapek winning? Was that all a hoax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom