News Disney world attendance down 80%??

Getachew

Yes, the best they could. The month ahead of Disney reopening because of their preparedness and keeping full time on board, the full admission calander to the park for Annual Passholders with less refund or extension troubles, the water park actually open in some form, amount of live actor/stage show and performer offerings, Onsite hotel accomodation main perks remain, park hopping allowed the, merch selling out of a store of an event that is not happening with a standby line to get in to shop, as well as socially distanced 2 hour waits for attractions on weekends prompting a succesful business extension of an hour for Universal Studios Florida last weekend and schedueled extension to the future weekend operating hours*

Yes.

And, WDW is still more in demand, though neither are considering the circumstances.

Disstevefan1

The only people "prevented" from getting in is AP holders. They could get in if they have a resort stay or buy day tickets. Even if they did let all AP holders in whenever they wanted, while it would bring attendance up, the average guest spending won't go up much.

The tread (I thought) was about the 80 percent drop in attendance compared to last year (when APs were allowed in). Also, thanks to the EBayers (who are probably APs) per guest spending is actually up 😀

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
I didn't take into account how many people are in your group. 12 people, insane!

This coming week, I'm staying the 24th-29th at an Airbnb, with three days at the parks (MK, HS, and AK).

Airbnb: $146.
Theme Park Tickets: $660.
Food money prep: $50 per day, $200.
Travel food money: $40.
Gasoline: $60.
AMC theatre reservation (the goonies): $35.
TOTAL
--------
$1,141 for two people.
Maybe add a couple hundred for souvenirs/snacks or whatever.

I consider myself a master of budget vacations, since I have to think outside the box for a recently-graduated college student.... In theatre. (Thanks for shutting em down COVID)
Life changes.
I'm firmly in AARP ville, kids out of college and no mortgage ( as of 10/1). I also have various aches and pains. After 33 years of working, I like my creature comforts.

When I was in grad schools I was very much like you. I could make the eagle on a quarter beg for mercy. Lol I budget 100 bucks per person per day for food.
Things go up and down, one year every appliance in our house broke and we needed a new car. 😭😭 Talk about no vacation...

seabreezept813

Why would I want to do that anyway?

I have a fridge and can make sammiches at home

As a kid whose family could only take us to Disney by driving 22 hours and bringing PB&Js in for lunch, I can tell you that my parents and I don’t miss it when we hop on a plane or eat out during vacation. Being frugal can be great, but I’m not sure I’d call it magical.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As a kid whose family could only take us to Disney by driving 22 hours and bringing PB&Js in for lunch, I can tell you that my parents and I don’t miss it when we hop on a plane or eat out during vacation. Being frugal can be great, but I’m not sure I’d call it magical.
I don’t have a problem with that. I’m not gonna snit when people make things work their way...that’s where my background is more or less.

But I hate it when it’s used as a defense of Disney - as it often is. I have watched people defend nonsense and frequent price increases repeatedly over the years as “completely normal” while then pivoting to telling people it’s lazy of them to not pay them if it means sticking a tuna fish sandwich down their pants as a cheap lunch as a show of “dedication and sacrifice”.

This may not be one of those cases...but the mere whiff of it bugs the hell out of me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom