News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I didn’t think there was a railroad tunnel in Shanghai?

Ah, my mistake. I thought you were referring to show scenes in the building for TRON cycles.

As far as we know, there will be no scenes in the tunnels for the railroad... no one has mentioned it. In fact, there still hasn't been any information on how they plan to construct the tunnel accounting for the train exhaust.

Wonder how they deal with that in DL?

tparris

Ah, my mistake. I thought you were referring to show scenes in the building for TRON cycles.

As far as we know, there will be no scenes in the tunnels for the railroad... no one has mentioned it. In fact, there still hasn't been any information on how they plan to construct the tunnel accounting for the train exhaust.

Wonder how they deal with that in DL?
I would think they have some kind of ventilation system at the top of the tunnel in DL, but that wouldn’t really work for Tron. It would be very strange to see smoke leaking out of a futuristic looking tunnel under a neon canopy, so honestly I have no idea what they might do.

lazyboy97o

I would think they have some kind of ventilation system at the top of the tunnel in DL, but that wouldn’t really work for Tron. It would be very strange to see smoke leaking out of a futuristic looking tunnel under a neon canopy, so honestly I have no idea what they might do.
Ventilation can be ducted. It could also just be open enough to not require mechanical ventilation.

rle4lunch

There’s not. Just a tunnel. The post is a joke referring to all the people who were hoping we’d see some show scenes like they have on DL’s train

Hell, by the time it's done Tron 3 will be out. It'd behoove them to add something to it to make it a unique entity.

But that ain't gonna happen.

TraderSam

With the bringing of Tron to The Magic Kingdom, can the the BT (Brian Transeau) Tomorrowland area music also be expected to come?

Have there been any updated rumors on whether or not they'll bring this music or light show to MK? I've been out of the loop for a while.

I'd love to see it, and I think it could definitely be part of Tomorrowland's night music. Dim the lights around the rest of the land and showcase the Tron structure with the music and ambient lighting around the rest of the land.

Shanghai TRON Coaster Light Show:
https://youtu.be/kcVGsG-ODN4

_caleb

Have there been any updated rumors on whether or not they'll bring this music or light show to MK? I've been out of the loop for a while.

I'd love to see it, and I think it could definitely be part of Tomorrowland's night music. Dim the lights around the rest of the land and showcase the Tron structure with the music and ambient lighting around the rest of the land.

I think it's cool. I was hopeful for some Tomorrowland-wide TRONification that would allow for something like this synchronized across the entire area. But I haven't seen any indication that they're doing anything like this.

corran horn

I think it's cool. I was hopeful for some Tomorrowland-wide TRONification that would allow for something like this synchronized across the entire area. But I haven't seen any indication that they're doing anything like this.

me in the 80's - Loves TRON, 'rents' the VHS from the Library
(decades pass)
me in 2010 - "whoa, they're making a sequel! Unbelievable!"
me in 2012 - "All right, an animated series!"
me in 2016 - "amazing, a TRON ride in Shanghai!"
me in 2019 - "they're building a version in the MK!"
me in 2020 - "apparently there's gonna be a TRON 3!"

Long story short (too late) I'm not gonna wish *too* much. So much has already happened. I'd like a cool overlay too but I'm happy.

(this would be like them making a Rocketeer ride and sequel and me being sad there was no parade float)

begood524

Speaking of this, I notice that Space Mountain already glows at night in some of the color combinations that TRON does, like the pink/orange/red and green/teal/blue combos. It would be really awesome if the colors were synced across both rides!

doctornick

(this would be like them making a Rocketeer ride and sequel and me being sad there was no parade float)

Complete aside but I think an easy addition to WDW they could do would be to clone the jet pack ride from Shanghai and theme it to The Rocketeer - that would fit the IP mandate but would be a small but nice addition. Could easily see it in DHS near ToT with a more Golden Age Hollywood vibe or in Future World with a more science fiction style.

And FWIW there’s also the cartoon version of The Rocketeer so it’s not a completely abandoned IP

JoeCamel

Speaking of this, I notice that Space Mountain already glows at night in some of the color combinations that TRON does, like the pink/orange/red and green/teal/blue combos. It would be really awesome if the colors were synced across both rides!
The lighting package on SM was upgraded not too many years ago so they can make it glow in as many colors and patterns as you can imagine

Would look a right carnival midway if they were synchronized

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom