News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

PorterRedkey

Disdain is too strong of a word. I just don't think it's a good ride. Up and down, up and down, turn one way and another while dino heads show up beside you. It didn't feel like I was on an adventure. The dino at the end is a good jolt, but that's about it for scares. I also think the story is silly.

It's the best part of Dinoland, but I don't think it's worth saving if that section of the park can be improved. And I definitely think that section needs to be improved.

As for Tron, I still lament their glacial construction pace. But hopefully I get to ride it in the not-too-distant future. Also, I think Tron should not have been built at Animal Kingdom so I applaud Disney for not putting it there. 😄
Fair enough.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Dinosaur’s height requirement used to be 46” as well, but it was lowered to 40” when they changed the name so that it would be more accessible to families with kids.
Having taken a three-year-old 40 inch tall child on it last fall, my advice would be raise the height limit. It whipped him around so much. And then it whipped my giant butt into him squishing him firmly between me and my wife. Not a fun ride for him.

gerarar

Premium Member
When I park hopped to AK to ride Dinosaur the day after Christmas, it was down in the early morning. I stayed nearby and it just reopened, but the app didn’t update yet so it was closed according to MDE. During that time period I was able to ride it 7 times back to back (able to skip the preshow) until a line finally formed.
It was one of my favorite experiences at WDW during my last trip. I just love the intensity and darkness adventure! Left, right, left, right!!!

gerarar

Premium Member
Anyways, BlogMickey got some new pictures of the ongoing construction at Tron — mainly the canopy assembly and construction:
D563D0EB-C515-4067-9768-A5904206A43B.jpeg

9406C6BE-74B1-4C18-A511-68BED2B91F6E.jpeg

EC34682F-429E-4B19-BDAE-D03DE668ACF1.jpeg

3A049B50-AC9E-460F-9713-BFBFC65AD276.jpeg

12A2198E-CC19-4F7A-B42E-7F171A447790.jpeg

BC6D5535-52FA-48BE-96B5-F28BC8DC6FD2.jpeg

Source and more pictures here:

MickeyViews also has posted a small video update:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

gerarar

Premium Member
They better hurry up so the railroad can open.
It won't reopen til at least Q2 of 2021 imo; the canopy needs to be assembled and constructed, along with its lighting package. On top of that, the track needs to be placed and the tunnel for the railroad also needs to be constructed. Then it can finally reopen, but there's still so many stages left to the project!

JoeCamel

It won't reopen til at least Q2 of 2021 imo; the canopy needs to be assembled and constructed, along with its lighting package. On top of that, the track needs to be placed and the tunnel for the railroad also needs to be constructed. Then it can finally reopen, but there's still so many stages left to the project!
Don't forget all the show scenes in the tunnel......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom