Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

ppete1975

Are we one hundred percent sure that an Inside Out takeover of the pavilion isn't on the table anymore?
is inside out relevant still? I know disneyland built there spinner, but i dont really see a ton of the character merch (although we are seeing joy frolicking near the area.... oh dang)

And i could be wrong about the popularity.....

Surferboy567

Wow, I'm not surprised Disney took this down. Within hours every Disney fan site and YouTube channel would have been reporting this. I can see the clickbait headlines and thumbnails now: "Tony Baxyer Redoing Journey into Imagination at Epcot!!??"

Too late, Blog Mickey did exactly this. Didn’t say it was happening...but did report on it.

UNCgolf

Well, was The Princess and the Frog all that relevant before Frederick Chambers or whatever his name is posted his idea for a retheme of Splash Mountain online?

Come to think of it, is Ratatouille even still relevant?

The Ratatouille ride is a clone, though -- plus they needed something French. Princess and the Frog obviously has other reasons for replacing Splash Mountain.

I think it's unlikely Disney (current version of Disney, at least) would build an Inside Out ride that wouldn't open until 10+ years after the movie was released if they don't have a sequel in the works. There are other, bigger franchises they could promote instead.

Surferboy567

The Ratatouille ride is a clone, though -- plus they needed something French. Princess and the Frog obviously has other reasons for replacing Splash Mountain.

I think it's unlikely Disney (current version of Disney, at least) would build an Inside Out ride that wouldn't open until 10+ years after the movie was released if they don't have a sequel in the works. There are other, bigger franchises they could promote instead.

I remember when Phineas and Ferb was rumored...decent show.

Surferboy567

Well, it was only dormant for a few years before the characters were shoehorned into Milo Murphy's Law, and now it's getting a movie and some shorts... so I suppose there's that.

I always thought bringing them back was a great idea. Totally down for more stories with them, sure it stuck to the formula but I enjoyed it. Definitely will check out the new movie.

Apparently, their may be another movie in development.

UNCgolf

So Tony Baxter would come out of retirement for Imagination. Isn't he coming out of retirement for Princess and the Frog?

That was my immediate thought as to why the video was taken down. Hard to promote him as being involved with Princess and the Frog when he's talking about coming out of retirement if he could work on a different ride.

ImperfectPixie

That was my immediate thought as to why the video was taken down. Hard to promote him as being involved with Princess and the Frog when he's talking about coming out of retirement if he could work on a different ride.
I didn't get to watch the video before it was removed, but I was under the impression he was only consulting on PatF, but would fully come out of retirement for Imagination. I could be dead wrong though.

UNCgolf

I didn't get to watch the video before it was removed, but I was under the impression he was only consulting on PatF, but would fully come out of retirement for Imagination. I could be dead wrong though.

Yeah, he's always just been called a consultant on PatF. I think the general view is that the consultant title was nothing more than honorary, though, and a way to promote that the person who designed Splash Mountain is involved.

aladdin2007

Yeah, he's always just been called a consultant on PatF. I think the general view is that the consultant title was nothing more than honorary, though, and a way to promote that the person who designed Splash Mountain is involved.

It was the same way for Frozen Ever After (ick still hate that name), he was a consultant when the main designer was...oh I forget his name, he worked on several attractions in non Disney European parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom